Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Have just seen a documentary of MBS and can just say I don't want him as our owner anymore. He's really a horrible person. This is not what I want for our club anymore. Realised I didn't know too much about him before and now understand lots of protests against him. I've always thought better he owns us than any other team. Not anymore.

The club could be great with all that money, but I'd rather we be bought by someone else even if it does mean we don't get that kind of money.

Still want rid of Ashley, but what we asked for was an owner who tried his best and want the club to compete. I'd be satisfied with that.

Reject this takeover and move on to the next bidder as soon as possible.

There isn't a "next bidder". But I do get your point.

If it wasn't for this place I'd be completely done with the club. As soon as this takeover falls through I'll just switch off and go direct to General Chat.

Have just seen a documentary of MBS and can just say I don't want him as our owner anymore. He's really a horrible person. This is not what I want for our club anymore. Realised I didn't know too much about him before and now understand lots of protests against him. I've always thought better he owns us than any other team. Not anymore.

The club could be great with all that money, but I'd rather we be bought by someone else even if it does mean we don't get that kind of money.

Still want rid of Ashley, but what we asked for was an owner who tried his best and want the club to compete. I'd be satisfied with that.

Sorry if it's already in this thread but what documentary? Is it available to stream?

Can watch it on beIN Sports

The only way to ever improve the world we live in is to (how can I put it) 'embrace' and 'deal and communicate' with rulers and countries that are currently like Saudi Arabia, there are plenty of them.

A huge way to achieve our objectives with these countries is to trade with them (ideally not weapons!) and something like 'world sport' is a very good way to get/keep this process going.

If we as a country reject these people, then they (and the fate of their people) will never improve.

Sorry if it's already in this thread but what documentary? Is it available to stream?

Can watch it on beIN Sports

Better not watch anything about China USA Russia or the UK either.

The only way to ever improve the world we live in is to (how can I put it) 'embrace' and 'deal and communicate' with rulers and countries that are currently like Saudi Arabia, there are plenty of them.

A huge way to achieve our objectives with these countries is to trade with them (ideally not weapons!) and something like 'world sport' is a very good way to get/keep this process going.

If we as a country reject these people, then they (and the fate of their people) will never improve.

Forgive me, but that’s a mite paternalistic, not to mention entirely false. The only way to improve the world is to eat all the capitalists.

Forgive me, but that’s a mite paternalistic, not to mention entirely false. The only way to improve the world is to eat all the capitalists.

Sounds good to me

"Paternalistic" - is fine (someone has to lead) but I'm not sure what I wrote is really that though.

"False" - is incorrect, as any student of world history will tell you.

"Eating Capitalists" - is not something I would - "burp" - recommend!

What’s he saying? I’m blocked.

Basically saying it's only fair the PL are being robust in their questioning of their ownership model, but what's frustrating is the lack of transparency. We don't know what questions are being asked or what the process looks like, so its the most frustrating thing he's reported on.

Guest godzilla

Be interesting to see what comes from the WTO today

I see Qatar are making a statement.

More interested in what the panel say about the report itself as it could be a key bit for the takeover. Not really interested in what Qatar spout off. they have been doing that since day one. Interesting though that the Saudis are not making any statement.

He might be making some decent points, but a decision is haste who the fuck is he kidding. He might not be so diplomatic and understanding if it was his own club being fucked around. There’s definitely a change in narrative where if this test fails, we’ll be patronised and told it’s for the best.

However 2 years down the line the Saudis will be lauded as the saviours of a more fashionable club, and meanwhile we’ll be told where lucky that Mauriss chose us to leverage the club with 350 millions worth of debt.

Guest chicken little

aaah yes like we did with south africa during apartheid