Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It was very poor from Kennedy to post that. An old stuff which the lawyers might use as evidence. Exposing it to the public dont help anyone.

The most important thing is the peace deal between Saudi and Qatar. The most significant thing that happen in the last 6 month. Now with peace if BeIN get access in Saudi and they will want this deal to go through. They will get more subscription in Saudi.

Not sure about the first part but I agree if a peace deal is agreed between Saudi & Qatar then I’m confident the takeover goes thru. IMO forget the top 6 objections the only thing stopping this is bein & the piracy issue

It was very poor from Kennedy to post that. An old stuff which the lawyers might use as evidence. Exposing it to the public dont help anyone.

The most important thing is the peace deal between Saudi and Qatar. The most significant thing that happen in the last 6 month. Now with peace if BeIN get access in Saudi and they will want this deal to go through. They will get more subscription in Saudi.

Not sure about the first part but I agree if a peace deal is agreed between Saudi & Qatar then I’m confident the takeover goes thru. IMO forget the top 6 objections the only thing stopping this is bein & the piracy issue

Peace deal will be signed today in Saudi. The airspace and the borders already opened this morning.

Do they know you Sean :lol:

:lol:

Considering I've been using the word 'goon' to describe these idiots for weeks now I'd say it's yet more evidence they are on this thread. Whitley Mag would know I'm sure.

I’ve never seen a more negative poster on this forum during my 16-17 years on here. A quick look on his previous posts and he hates everything about the club. Just log out, go for a walk and get some fresh air.

The efforts from some posters to convince us that this takeover is dead is just ridiculous.

Do they know you Sean :lol:

:lol:

Considering I've been using the word 'goon' to describe these idiots for weeks now I'd say it's yet more evidence they are on this thread. Whitley Mag would know I'm sure.

I’ve never seen a more negative poster on this forum during my 16-17 years on here. A quick look on his previous posts and he hates everything about the club. Just log out, go for a walk and get some fresh air.

The efforts from some posters to convince us that this takeover is dead is just ridiculous.

This. Some folk just need to stop supporting this club (IF they in fact actually do), and go to a Man Utd or Real Madrid. Looking for, and continually posting negativity to simply belittle other fans and people who are trying to do good for the club is beyond comprehension.

Forget about when the letter was first published.  To some extent the content of the letter can be dismissed.  The fact that there was a letter sent by BEIN to the EPL in the first place is the urgent matter.  I have said from day one that Masters and his cronies are corrupt and underhand and this is another nail in their coffin.  The truth will come out.

Guest neesy111

Do they know you Sean [emoji38]

[emoji38]

This. Some folk just need to stop supporting this club (IF they in fact actually do), and go to a Man Utd or Real Madrid. Looking for, and continually posting negativity to simply belittle other fans and people who are trying to do good for the club is beyond comprehension.

This post is equally as pathetic tbh. 

Do they know you Sean [emoji38]

[emoji38]

This post is equally as pathetic tbh. 

Why’s that? I’m fed up with the same posters constantly putting others down, especially when those others are trying all they can to instil some positivity and change for our club.

The irony is that the naysayers are probably the most emotionally invested in hoping the takeover goes through. The negativity is just a weird defence mechanism for if/when it goes tits up.

The irony is that the naysayers are probably the most emotionally invested in hoping the takeover goes through. The negativity is just a weird defence mechanism for if/when it goes tits up.

Absolutely.

I'm 100% positive we'll be taken over in the next 60 days.

Supporting the club and being positive about the takeover aren't really related in any way.

I agree. But mocking and constantly putting down fans for expressing positivity is different to what you’ve said, in my view.

I'd imagine all fans want it to go through, why wouldn't they? I don't think you can blame people for not expecting the takeover to go through based on the numerous times it's looked a done deal and not happened.

Guest reefatoon

I'd imagine all fans want it to go through, why wouldn't they? I don't think you can blame people for not expecting the takeover to go through based on the numerous times it's looked a done deal and not happened.

Exactly right. Everyone is working on different levels of confidence and positivity and people need to stop taking it as a personal insult when someone else's thoughts don't match their own. I was always really confident, but the longer it dragged out the less confident I was (but I think in all honesty that was down to the absolute monotony of it all more than losing any confidence in it happening). Now just sitting back, not getting carried away with any of it and if it happens, glorious.

Think I’ve been a bit blasé about this whole process but after reading and watching stuff while I’ve had time lately I’ve learned one thing....this will go through sometime , you look at the legal team employed and the evidence presented against the PL and it’s blatantly clear they will have to relent .

Appreciate if you don’t want the endless waffle about it but I’m now 100% sure one day this year we will be under new ownership lads.  O0

HWTFL

I am absolutely certain that Ashley's legal team will win his case. My only fear is that result will be sizeable compo for him and nothing in it for us with regards to the takeover.

Sizeable compo would bankrupt the league. Something I'm comfortable with.

See Manxst's post above. There is a difference between being cautious & cynical towards the takeover happening and downright mocking and/or having an "I'm intellectually superior" attitude towards those who are still positive about the eventual outcome.

I am absolutely certain that Ashley's legal team will win his case. My only fear is that result will be sizeable compo for him and nothing in it for us with regards to the takeover.

I doubt that. If it were the case then they'd just pass the takeover through. It's a nice thought though.

I doubt that. If it were the case then they'd just pass the takeover through. It's a nice thought though.

It was established early doors the PL aren’t cash rich. They couldn’t afford to pay out huge compensation that Ashley would be after if it went his way, unless they take it directly from tv rights or are bankrolled by an external source such as bein or Qatar.

They certainly will win the case, not since the OJ Simpson trial has such a legal dream team been put together.

I still think it’s all about takeover and not compen at this stage.