Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

So this statement would suggest arbitration has yet to start then ?

Again we wait.

Its set to start this month, its only the 1st day of July. :lol:

Massive irony of Ashley asking for transparency on anything.

I assume this is part of De Marco’s strategy, he certainly tweeted it before even Joey and Fanny could put a negative spin on it so he knew it was coming. If the PL’s answer is no then I guess they can push the “what is there to hide argument?” but who knows. The wait goes on.

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

So what if they are? Unless the club can get a victory through arbitration or CAT, it’s not going to matter what they’re hiding from the public eye.

This shows the PL are holding the cards and we’re desperately trying to change that by throwing everything we can at them.

It clearly asks for fan (and other) pressure and hopefully something can be organsied to put that pressure on. Wonder if the Trust could come out of hiding?

Not often I agree but with you entirely on the Trust.

This is an open invitation for them to ramp it up again, they’ve also got an in with the govt through fan led review at the minute

Guest neesy111

Sorry but putting a business head on here, no organisation would open themselves up to having commercial stuff etc dragged up in public.  The PL may be cunts but I understand why it'll be private.  

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Sorry but putting a business head on here, no organisation would open themselves up to having commercial stuff etc dragged up in public.  The PL may be cunts but I understand why it'll be private.  

The difference is though they are neither side of the contract, I think its reasonable to ask for transparency in a process whereby they are the governance and set the rules

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

TBF I do as well  however there is nothing that deserves to be kept in secret here, its not like its a takeover of a defence company or where secrets are important, it's a purchase of a football club, so long as that group have the cash and a sound financial plan it should waved through like the rest of them with the order to undergo tests every year.

29 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Sounds like desperation times that like.

Glad to hear fighting talk, but drains any confidence I had left tbh.

Imagine living your life this negative![emoji38]

Just now, Scoot said:

Imagine living your life this negative![emoji38]

Well, apart from the fact that I don’t and have a very happy and positive life…

Maybe the euphoria in the unlikely event this takeover goes through will be better, or, the devastation if it fails less so.