Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I agree with Caulkin.  I can't believe anyone associated with the club could say this, "has again highlighted the need for transparency and fairness in football governance", when Ashley's ownership has been anything but.

He's such a cunt I hope he gets fucked over again and again.

Couldn't agree more with Caulkin. Hypocrite, Ignoring what the fans have wanted for over a decade, using the recent super league and fan lead outrage like it's a new way to challenge hierarchy. Fuck off Ashley, clearly his team of lawyers know fuck all about the kind of cunt he is, advising we have nothing to hide. Absolute cunt has been in hiding for years, a neglected club and neglected fan base. The fucking cheek of this clown.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Consortium of one said:

I agree with Caulkin.  I can't believe anyone associated with the club could say this, "has again highlighted the need for transparency and fairness in football governance", when Ashley's ownership has been anything but.

He's such a cunt I hope he gets fucked over again and again.

I have to say the cynic in me hopes this.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Couldn't agree more with Caulkin. Hypocrite, Ignoring what the fans have wanted for over a decade, using the recent super league and fan lead outrage like it's a new way to challenge hierarchy. Fuck off Ashley, clearly his team of lawyers know fuck all about the kind of cunt he is, advising we have nothing to hide. Absolute cunt has been in hiding for years, a neglected club and neglected fan base. The fucking cheek of this clown.

yep , don’t forget your hatred for FCB folks , hypocrisy at the highest level.

I don't give a fuck how much of a prick Ashley is, or how hypocritical the statement was. The fact remains that the real villains here are the Premier League, and the only reason that people like Ashley exist in football is because of how these fuckers run the league. Lets not lose sight of who the enemy is here.

Well I enjoyed that. Things were getting a little stale in here. 

a perfect non-statement that can be used by both the posi and negy squads. Couldn’t ask for any better ammo to keep this thread going!

To me the statement reads as one of frustration rather than desperation. For a few weeks now I have been of the belief that Ashley has offered the PL a deal to make the legal stuff go away and it looks like, so far, the PL have resisted this. Ashley seems exasperated at this as he obviously thinks he has his tanks surrounding them with no way out. This statement is another message to them to think of the consequences of going all the way down the legal path. He just wants the deal done now, without having to wait for a resolution potentially for another 8 months down the line.

29 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I don't give a fuck how much of a prick Ashley is, or how hypocritical the statement was. The fact remains that the real villains here are the Premier League, and the only reason that people like Ashley exist in football is because of how these fuckers run the league. Lets not lose sight of who the enemy is here.

100% agree with this. We all know Ashley's a cunt, we've seen it time and again, but I'd much rather he won out this time round and would be fully behind him doing so, just to get him out of the door and the takeover through. It's shambolic that all relevant parties are willing and yet the Premier League, corrupt as they are, can block it from happening and not be held accountable in public in any way. Our troubles with Ashley are in the past if we get new owners, that's all I care about.

Ashley is a grade one cunt, however he is the exact type of grade one cunt required to push every angle for this takeover. He will throw every dirty trick there is and does not give a shit who he upsets. Honestly think he will be fully prepared to release incriminating evidence also if he has to. The bloke doesn’t give a fuck if his assets are being threatened  or undermined. Personally think that statement today is a deliberate warning shot across the bows. The fact it mentioned the Super League was quite noteworthy.

Edited by et tu brute

There’s an interesting line in there that the PL are trying to bar the usually public CAT hearing from being heard in public.

this suggests they lost the jurisdiction CAT arguments

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Ashley is a grade one cunt, however he is the exact type of grade one cunt required to push every angle to push this takeover. He will throw every dirty trick there is and does not give a shit who he upsets. Honestly think he will be fully prepared to release incriminating evidence also if he has to. The bloke doesn’t give a fuck if his assets are being threatened  or undermined. Personally think that statement today is a deliberate warning shot across the bows. The fact it mentioned the Super League was quite noteworthy.

Agreed. The statement glaringly references the government, transparency and the ESL. 

In my opinion this is a pre-emptive strike from Ashley's legal team before the arbitration started. So, the public eyes are focused on the PL. It's neither negative or positive. I don't think it will work though.

Edited by veriaqa

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

I do think it's a negative thing to do. Comes off a little desperate and that our side has some good dirt on the PL and want to make sure if they lose they dont leave the PL scarred.

Could also just be pissed with how long it's taking and maybe they feel there is another holdup and looking like it will take even longer to get resolved. Hence pushing in public. We wont find any favour from fans of other clubs or the general public so not sure what its about.

Aye but if they scratch our back...

Edited by Happinesstan

Guest reefatoon

Desperation [emoji38] 

Folks do realise it isn’t actually Mike and Charnley trying to get this sorted? Ashley’s paying top whack for the best in the business, I am sure they are not sitting around going “fuck, fuck, shit, what are we going to do now. Erm, Quick send some statement out!!”

This will be coordinated and I think I have a little more faith in what they are doing than thinking that was desperation. [emoji38] But hey ho, what would some top QC’s know when Newcastle Online's finest can see what it is. 

Just confirms arbitration hasn’t started yet. Or maybe a hint that they are expecting the CAT case to be thrown out on Jurisdiction.

This after all was their vessel to have everything heard in public so why would the normally behind closed doors arbitration suddenly become the battle ground if everything else was going ok?

Cant see this as anything other than being a negative.

I could not give a single fuck how much money Ashley makes on a potential sale of NUFC. I am fully aware (and don’t need reminding from any person or journalist) how poorly he’s run this club and how hypocritical the statement is in context of the club’s communication and operations. 

All I want is him gone from the club having sold to an ambitious custodian who will finally lead the club into a direction where we can talk and enjoy the highs and lows of supporting an actual football team that tries to be better every single day. 

Life is too bloody short.