Manchester United and take Ole out of it

Yorkie

8 hours ago, TRon said:

I am of the opinion that the Man U fans were protesting against the Glazers because they wanted owners like Abramovich or the City owners...or dare I say it....our own prospective Saudi owners. Not so much to do with a protest against the ESL itself. They feared getting left behind. 

Tbf, you can't blame them for wanting rid of such shite owners, but let's not pretend they would have protested if they had the biggest spending owners of the lot. 

This. The statement that manure fans protested against the ESL for the good of the game is a big pile of bullshit.

They protested against their owner because their owner dont spend enough (a huge amount of) money. If their owner outspend Man City or Chelsea, they would be happily support ESL.

And this:

Manchester City have the most expensive squad in the division. 

The club spent £810.9m in transfer fees assembling the squad they’ve submitted to the Premier League.

That’s almost £200m more than the next most expensive squad in the division.

Manchester United's squad cost the Red Devils a combined total of £628.1m in transfer fees.

That the cost of their current squad. Not current spending. Their fans want their club to outspend everybody every single season. And the fact that in the last 3 seasons they have been outspent by even the like of Tottenham and Sheffield make them angry toward the Glazers.

And the condition of old trafford too. The rat infested theater of "dream" :lol:

Edited by veriaqa

1 hour ago, veriaqa said:

That the cost of their current squad. Not current spending. Their fans want their club to outspend everybody every single season. And the fact that in the last 3 seasons they have been outspent by even the like of Tottenham and Sheffield make them angry toward the Glazers.

And the condition of old trafford too. The rat infested theater of "dream" :lol:

This isn't what it is at all. While we're discontent with our owners we're still realistic and understand we're in an extremely fortunate position to still have the spending power that we do, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that our owners are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Managers have wanted players in the past that would be a clear improvement to the squad and the deals are never sanctioned because there isn't much resale value. Alderweireld is an example. Mourinho wanted him and the cost was £40m which wasn't approved. The Glazers will spend money, but the wellbeing of the team is secondary. It's why the likes of Haaland and Sancho are realistic signings, but someone like Kane is highly unlikely, even though it would be one of the best signings in our history.

The condition of Old Trafford is certainly something that needs addressed, and we realise that lot of stadiums need refurbishment, but the Glazers have taken £800m out of the club just to service interest payments. We've spent more on financing over 16 years than we have on players. Since the Glazers have taken us over we've generated £6b in revenue, yet in 2021 our debt remains at £500m+. Only Spurs have more debt than us, which is due to a new stadium.

It's not arrogance, or entitlement to say we are the biggest club in the country. That is true, in terms of stature and revenue. We should not be in the position we are in financially. It's something I try not to go into too much on this board, as if there's another team who has an owner worse than ourselves, it's you. But to look at our position with the Glazers and think our animosity solely comes from us not spending enough, it's a bit baffling. 

-

Decent article here for some light reading which should explain the ill feeling better than I have above:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/nine-shocking-figures-from-the-glazers-ownership-of-manchester-united/#:~:text=– The club have spent over,(net) on buying players.&text=– In 2020%2C Manchester United received £140million in broadcasting revenue.&text=– Manchester United's infrastructure spending between,amounts to just £118million.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s very silly for us to try and tell fans of other clubs what they should expect. 

Very few do to be fair. With others you're doomed no matter what you say.

On the one hand we're entitled, arrogant and spoiled for wanting/demanding success, but on the other hand we're idiots and conditioned to accept mediocrity whenever we want to give someone like Solskjaer time. 

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pretty sure Man U have outspent everyone bar Man City so it’s not that.

The club is being loaded with debt, which means at some point they will have less leeway to spend. Liverpool might well be going the same way, essentially the fans are worried about the long term wellbeing of their club, and I certainly don't blame them for that. But let's not pretend the protests were about the ESL, they weren't. They were about their shit owners, and I have no problem with that, just sick of hearing it being spun by their fawning admirers in the press, as a protest against ESL. 

8 hours ago, veriaqa said:

This. The statement that manure fans protested against the ESL for the good of the game is a big pile of bullshit.

They protested against their owner because their owner dont spend enough (a huge amount of) money. If their owner outspend Man City or Chelsea, they would be happily support ESL.

They protest because their owners don't spend a single penny and never have.

They bought the club with other people's money, loaded it up with debt and have used the club's money to pay it back.  The Glazers are Ashley level of dirtbags, Man Utd is just a money printing machine so the average fan doesn't see it.   

Edited by Pandamninator

16 hours ago, Kaizero said:

That goes for every club. If we were Saudi owned and they signed us up for the ESL we'd be cretinous as well. I actually have much less faith in us saying something about it.

CB-w_N0XIAAFxuM?format=jpg&name=medium

Maybe. Maybe not.

We will never know the answer to that as we weren't involved in it. They were though and we saw how they behaved, therefore they are there to be shot at.

I'd like to see @Froggy come out and tell us if he thinks the "punishment" MUFC are to receive is appropriate for their actions.

For balance, I'd just like to add that the Glazers are indeed absolute parasites, and it's appalling that they have been allowed to leech off that club in the manner that they have.

Let's be clear though, their fans weren't invading pitches when they were winning things under Ferguson with the Glazers as owners. And their ESL "protests" were because they knew that MUFC in the ESL, controlled by the Glazers, would quickly become a nothing club. Rarely winning the ESL, and probably rarely winning the EPL too because there would be limited motivation to do so.

49 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'd like to see @Froggy come out and tell us if he thinks the "punishment" MUFC are to receive is appropriate for their actions.

I've made my views on it very clear. I think the sanctions were made with the fans in mind as it wasn't their fault, but 5% of European revenue is a paltry punishment. 

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

I've made my views on it very clear. I think the sanctions were made with the fans in mind as it wasn't their fault, but 5% of European revenue is a paltry punishment. 

So basically, just like your owners, you want preferential treatment to that of other clubs in the leagues.

Other clubs have been deducted points, relegated and gone into administration due to punishment from the football authorities, for trivial stuff like their owners running the club in a financially unsound manner. None of the fans of those clubs had anything to do with the actions of the owners but they suffered anyway.

Man Utd's owners try to rip apart the very fabric of the game to the detriment of every other club, other than the other dodgy five, but you think that all they should suffer is a fine?

Edited by Wandy

32 minutes ago, Wandy said:

So basically, just like your owners, you want preferential treatment to that of other clubs in the leagues.

Other clubs have been deducted points, relegated and gone into administration due to punishment from the football authorities, for trivial stuff like their owners running the club in a financially unsound manner. None of the fans of those clubs had anything to do with the actions of the owners but they suffered anyway.

Man Utd's owners try to rip apart the very fabric of the game to the detriment of every other club, other than the other dodgy five, but you think that all they should suffer is a fine?

I've genuinely no idea where you're getting these ideas from. I've never said what I thought the punishment should have been nor did you ask me.

5 hours ago, Wandy said:

As said above, no, I don't think it's an appropriate. I think it's paltry.

Edited by Froggy

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

I've genuinely no idea where you're getting these ideas from. I've never said what I thought the punishment should have been nor did you ask me.

As said above, no, I don't think it's an appropriate. I think it's paltry.

I will ask you directly then. Do you think the six clubs should have been given a points deduction that was enough to stop them from qualifying for Europe next season? Or how about being banned from Europe for a few seasons?

15 hours ago, Froggy said:

This isn't what it is at all. While we're discontent with our owners we're still realistic and understand we're in an extremely fortunate position to still have the spending power that we do, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that our owners are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Managers have wanted players in the past that would be a clear improvement to the squad and the deals are never sanctioned because there isn't much resale value. Alderweireld is an example. Mourinho wanted him and the cost was £40m which wasn't approved. The Glazers will spend money, but the wellbeing of the team is secondary. It's why the likes of Haaland and Sancho are realistic signings, but someone like Kane is highly unlikely, even though it would be one of the best signings in our history.

The condition of Old Trafford is certainly something that needs addressed, and we realise that lot of stadiums need refurbishment, but the Glazers have taken £800m out of the club just to service interest payments. We've spent more on financing over 16 years than we have on players. Since the Glazers have taken us over we've generated £6b in revenue, yet in 2021 our debt remains at £500m+. Only Spurs have more debt than us, which is due to a new stadium.

It's not arrogance, or entitlement to say we are the biggest club in the country. That is true, in terms of stature and revenue. We should not be in the position we are in financially. It's something I try not to go into too much on this board, as if there's another team who has an owner worse than ourselves, it's you. But to look at our position with the Glazers and think our animosity solely comes from us not spending enough, it's a bit baffling. 

-

Decent article here for some light reading which should explain the ill feeling better than I have above:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/nine-shocking-figures-from-the-glazers-ownership-of-manchester-united/#:~:text=– The club have spent over,(net) on buying players.&text=– In 2020%2C Manchester United received £140million in broadcasting revenue.&text=– Manchester United's infrastructure spending between,amounts to just £118million.

We're basically the Aldi version of this, minus any expenditure. 

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

I will ask you directly then. Do you think the six clubs should have been given a points deduction that was enough to stop them from qualifying for Europe next season? Or how about being banned from Europe for a few seasons?

I'd say a season ban from European competition would have been fair enough. UEFA don't have the balls though. Without those clubs they'd lose a lot of money. 

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

I'd say a season ban from European competition would have been fair enough. UEFA don't have the balls though. Without those clubs they'd lose a lot of money. 

How is a season ban from Europe fair on the fans?