Manchester United and take Ole out of it

Yorkie

Guest HTT II

Since Fergie left btw, I’ve found Man Utd fans to be actually OK and the least insufferable of the other legacy club’s fans. They made a remarkable stand against the ESL, their owners and indeed the Status Quo of English football by managing to get the biggest game in the EPL fixture list abandoned, for that they are canny enough for me and get a pass. Our own fans on the other hand have allowed over a decade of Ashley FFS! 

3 minutes ago, olliemort said:

My two older brothers are both man u fans and they are great lads who i get on brilliant with but they are complete smug arseholes when it comes to football.

They still go on about fucking shearer not winning any trophies and how keegan wasnt as good as we made him out to be. We can not have a conversation about football without me wanting to choke one of them.

Great to see them struggle last few seasons

They must have missed when Blackburn beat Man U for the title in -95 then.

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Did you miss the protests against the idea? This was because of our money hungry owners and nothing else, something you can sympathise with. Ashley would have been all over it if the club was invited. 

Doesn't mean your club was not part of a very select few that wanted to ruin football, don't know how much worse you can actually get. 

Guest HTT II

Clubs are clearly separate from their fans today, that cannot ever be argued, no matter what club. Man Utd give as less of a fuck about their fans as Ashley does us, they just wrap it up differently.

The protests I saw by the Man Utd ‘fans’ had not much to do with the club, and more to do with purposefully going out to assault the police around the stadium because they were ‘scousers’. 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

The protests I saw by the Man Utd ‘fans’ had not much to do with the club, and more to do with purposefully going out to assault the police around the stadium because they were ‘scousers’. 

Utter tripe, sorry! 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

That's a complete load of rubbish.

Guest HTT II

Aye all of the video footage, reporting and coverage ridicules such an assertion, and this from non Man Utd fans and mainly from mainstream media. Utter fucking garbage opinion and the absolute furthest away from the truth to be complete lies basically! Shame on anyone claiming so!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

Probably was one or two doimg it because of the scousers, like.

Out of thousands... it’s ridiculous to claim what @Manxstis claiming tbh!

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Did you miss the protests against the idea? This was because of our money hungry owners and nothing else, something you can sympathise with. Ashley would have been all over it if the club was invited. 

The protests against your owners were because, with the ESL, they were about to ruin the matchday experience for Manchester United fans. It had nothing to do with thinking of the welfare of other clubs or the game at large.

31 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The protests against your owners were because, with the ESL, they were about to ruin the matchday experience for Manchester United fans. It had nothing to do with thinking of the welfare of other clubs or the game at large.

I never said it was. @Nobodywas just suggesting that our club as a whole was cretinous because one man at the top wanted to deepen his pockets. Truth being 99.9% of people involved with the club and the fans hated the idea and rebelled against for whatever reason. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I never said it was. @Nobodywas just suggesting that our club as a whole was cretinous because one man at the top wanted to deepen his pockets. Truth being 99.9% of people involved with the club and the fans hated the idea and rebelled against for whatever reason. 

All the super league six are cretinous vile that don't deserve to stay in the Football League, never mind the Premier League. Don't care one bit whose decision it was. 

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Since Fergie left btw, I’ve found Man Utd fans to be actually OK and the least insufferable of the other legacy club’s fans. They made a remarkable stand against the ESL, their owners and indeed the Status Quo of English football by managing to get the biggest game in the EPL fixture list abandoned, for that they are canny enough for me and get a pass. Our own fans on the other hand have allowed over a decade of Ashley FFS! 

I am of the opinion that the Man U fans were protesting against the Glazers because they wanted owners like Abramovich or the City owners...or dare I say it....our own prospective Saudi owners. Not so much to do with a protest against the ESL itself. They feared getting left behind. 

Tbf, you can't blame them for wanting rid of such shite owners, but let's not pretend they would have protested if they had the biggest spending owners of the lot. 

55 minutes ago, Froggy said:

99.9% of your people involved with the club rebelled against it because they (rightly, to be fair) saw that Man Utd would end up in a very bad place within a matter of years.

If however, they had believed that the ESL would have benefitted MUFC, it's fans and the MUFC matchday experience for the next generation - even if the remaining clubs in the game suffered - then those same protesters would have been all over the ESL like a rash.

The perception that is being put forward in some quarters, like @HTT II in his post above for instance (a remarkable stand ffs [emoji38]), that the fans of the horrible six "came together" to save English football, is a total fallacy.

24 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Man United fans who aren't from Manchester should not be taken seriously.

Shhhh…don’t tell our resident Man Utd fan that….

as for the opinions given above, about my previous post, I’ve seen videos and have two mates who were attacked. It’s not tripe or bullshit. However, the media have clearly acted on the whole ‘fans uniting against the ESL’ rhetoric which was popular at the time. The Man Utd fans ‘protesting’ acted appalling, especially compared to the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal. 

Crap generalisation. I know a few Man Utd fans from up here, they're knowledgeable and support them as much as a London Mag for instance. Froggy is also spot on as a further example. Knows the club, passionate. Hate that sort of shite tbh.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

99.9% of your people involved with the club rebelled against it because they (rightly, to be fair) saw that Man Utd would end up in a very bad place within a matter of years.

If however, they had believed that the ESL would have benefitted MUFC, it's fans and the MUFC matchday experience for the next generation - even if the remaining clubs in the game suffered - then those same protesters would have been all over the ESL like a rash.

The perception that is being put forward in some quarters, like @HTT II in his post above for instance (a remarkable stand ffs [emoji38]), that the fans of the horrible six "came together" to save English football, is a total fallacy.

That goes for every club. If we were Saudi owned and they signed us up for the ESL we'd be cretinous as well. I actually have much less faith in us saying something about it.

CB-w_N0XIAAFxuM?format=jpg&name=medium

1 hour ago, duo said:

Why has Ole got his own thread on a NUFC forum? :serious:

I agree. :lol:

Mods, can we at least change the thread title to Manchester United and take Ole out of it.