Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think he’s bang on tbh. 

Yep. Don't think he quite got the respect he deserved when he was playing over here as a PL player. I bet Man U would like him on their books now. 

29 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

His Goal stats are obscene. Definitely belongs in that group. I'll take the heat but there is prob some latent racism amongst the criticisms of him.

393 apps and 209 goals. So basically a 1 in 2 return.  Ridiculous numbers and he's done that majority in the PL.

Aye, would have finished on something like 220-230 PL goals had he stayed over here.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

I feel like that Austria header was super underrated, he was pretty much being assaulted, the angle was horrible, and the cross was really bad. He basically engineered it out of of nothing. Got to say I like Italy, this is one of their worst squads for a while but they just get it done. Get the feeling playing a high line with the pace of steven hawking in defence might catch them out though.

It's not the same quality as 90s and early 2000s, but it's a far better squad and team (on paper) than Conte had in 2016 which was widely regarded as the worst squad in Italy's history. 

Conte got miraculous performances out of that team. Pelle and Giaccherini upfront, De Sciglio and Candreva as wingbacks. An aging Thiago Motta was given the #10 shirt FFS. 

Edited by ponsaelius

8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Absolutely. Play the semis and final there imo.

Compare this, to the ripples of light applause and 20 seats between people at a Wembley snoozefest.

It just looks like a football stadium, rather than a huge toilet bowl.

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Dunno who that was..

It's the likes of Guy Mowbray, Jonathan Pearce etc that do my head in, they think they are something special.

Jonathan Pearce has to be the most annoying. If you could design someone to represent a twat as a commentator it would be him. 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Jonathan Pearce has to be the most annoying. If you could design someone to represent a twat as a commentator it would be him. 

I actually didn't mind him on robot wars, i think he suited that.

But football, just no.

The Dutch are getting into the penalty area with some great runs, but not finding the final pass. Czechs look more than capable of scoring on the break as well. We should have had a goal by now.