Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

:spit:

Worst post 2021 wrapped up already.

Football is chock full of terrible decisions from players and officials with VAR as well. Would recommend watching darts instead, canny crowds and the players rarely make bad decisions there. 

There's less bad decisions and thus the games are more fair. Imagine a world without the hand of god, one less iconic moment but I'm not sure those watching that game or cheering on England at the time were thinking "By golly, so good we can't remove this obvious refereeing error from this game to help us advance in the World Cup!"

Bad decisions are shit, they're not "fun talking points". They're shit. They ruin the joy from wins as they're forever a win that was given by a ref, and they're even worse when they inflict losses.

Edited by Kaizero

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

Nah, you assuming VAR will cancel a goal is what takes away the enjoyment. Don't assume that. Until they signal for VAR, it's a goal. Same as when it was a goal until it was signalled for offside, which often came very late on many occasions. 

Not saying the PL refs aren't using VAR shit, but to me it's fairly clear the people not for VAR just don't like change and want the change gone.

I'm just going to have to disagree with you mate.

I hate it.

It spoils the game for me. I'd much rather go back to shouting at Trelford Mills :D

1 minute ago, Dancing Brave said:

I'm just going to have to disagree with you mate.

I hate it.

It spoils the game for me. I'd much rather go back to shouting at Trelford Mills :D

Why does it remove the joy from a goal scored for you? I'd love to hear the thought process. Not sarcasm or anything, genuinely. Is it anything else than "it might be overturned so I can't celebrate"?

Edited by Kaizero

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

It’s the 21st century and sports use technology to cut down on wrong decisions. You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube, it’s not going anywhere.

Yup, most of the contention has come from the horrendous offside analysis, I don't think it was ever intended to be used to determine that someone's lug is offside. Otherwise, it's being implemented pretty well on the whole

Edited by LionOfGosforth