Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

1 minute ago, Dancing Brave said:

The goal was ruled out ? In your opinion not the refs ? 

The ref is in charge and should always be. 

The ref got it wrong, they wouldn't have with VAR. VAR would've revitalized an entire city if it was in existance at the time, the refs wrong decisions did the opposite. You can't tell me I'm supposed to enjoy wrong decisions when I watch football. 

Also way to go ignoring the rest of the post.

Just now, Kaizero said:

The ref got it wrong, they wouldn't have with VAR. VAR would've revitalized an entire city if it was in existance at the time, the refs wrong decisions did the opposite. You can't tell me I'm supposed to enjoy wrong decisions when I watch football. 

Also way to go ignoring the rest of the post.

Sorry if it looked like i ignored the rest of your post, i was trying to watch the Italy match while at the same time trying to get my point over without trying to undermine your opinion. 

Maybe we should just agree to disagree, i don't like VAR it spoils the game for me at the moment. I know it's here to stay I just hope they find a way to make the decisions faster and not kill off the enjoyment of live football.

That would be to the advantage of the game for sure.

1 minute ago, Dancing Brave said:

Sorry if it looked like i ignored the rest of your post, i was trying to watch the Italy match while at the same time trying to get my point over without trying to undermine your opinion. 

Maybe we should just agree to disagree, i don't like VAR it spoils the game for me at the moment. I know it's here to stay I just hope they find a way to make the decisions faster and not kill off the enjoyment of live football.

That would be to the advantage of the game for sure.

FWIW, average control time of an incident outside the PL is 22 seconds. In the PL it's 84. I think the best option for all would be to get competent VAR-refs in the PL :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Disco said:

Decent game in the end. Austria can be proud of themselves.

Yep developed into a better game the longer it went on. Italians finally produced some cutting edge to match their build up play, and Austria deserved a goal for pushing them all the way - with genuine threat of an upset not just holding out for respectable loss. 

I thought Austria were really good. I had a feeling it would be a hard game for Italy after seeing how solid Austria were against Ukraine. 

Midfield stopped Italy getting going for large parts and the CBs were fantastic. Really a lucky escape for Italy - slightly reminiscent of Australia in 2006.

Quality of subs were the difference. I've got to wonder if Chiesa will start next game. I can see why Mancini keeps him in reserve because he's a devastating option to have when games become stretched, and Berardi's record has been better for the national team. But it does seem criminal to have a player of his talent on the bench. 

Extra time was great fun, fair play to Austria.

Italy were poor but maybe it's good for them to get one of these difficult wins. Be a huge match against Belgium/Portugal, which I still can't belive is a Round of 16 match - two of the four pre-tournament favourites.

12 hours ago, Disco said:

One for another thread but it's absolutely shite in pretty much every possible metric bar capacity.

Just reading this. Never been to Wembley. Thought it was going to be a class stadium. :lol: Fuck sake.