Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

Guest neesy111

Our approach is fine if it stays 0-0 I feel but biggest test will be going behind and can we force ourselves on the opposition if we get to what position.

Just now, Bizza said:

The real comedown will be going back to supporting bruceball when this is over.

Tell me about it. Coming back to club football after an international competition, when your club is in deep shit, is fucking horrible

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

It was likely the least enthused ive ever been after such a big game and win because for 75 minutes it was whack as fuck. Won though I suppose. Yay.

Enjoyed yesterday more :dontknow:

Wtf you're talking about, you're English.

All at Wembley, 3 wins, 1 draw, a net busting tally of 4 goals and non conceded, beating Germany in a knock out comp for the 1st time in 55 years, quarter finals, gong already in the pocket after a mighty world cup showing, surely now, arise Sir G Southgate.  Another shockingly tedious display, but at least we're still in the competition.

Guest neesy111
8 minutes ago, jotenko said:

Tell me about it. Coming back to club football after an international competition, when your club is in deep shit, is fucking horrible

Get the violin out.

A benfica fan complaining about being shite.  Heard it all now.

We looked solid I thought. Could have gone either way but tbh against a big team like Germany that's not unexpected? Played well, looked a bit sharper than we had in the groups, and deserved the win in the end.

11 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Not the right audience for this opinion, but by god, if England win the EC with this negative style :lol: Such a comedown from yesterday

Have you tried writing ENGLAND across your TV to make it more stylish?

Guest neesy111
Just now, LiquidAK said:

We looked solid I thought. Could have gone either way but tbh against a big team like Germany that's not unexpected? Played well, looked a bit sharper than we had in the groups, and deserved the win in the end.

We should be beating Germany when you look at the results the 2 teams have had in the last 3-4 years.  We did.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Si said:

Needs a bigger TV imo 

14 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Not the right audience for this opinion, but by god, if England win the EC with this negative style :lol: Such a comedown from yesterday

I hate seeing champions that get their way only by defending.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

We should be beating Germany when you look at the results the 2 teams have had in the last 3-4 years.  We did.

Wouldn't disagree with that - but it's still a good controlled win against a team that absolutely had it in them to hurt us. Not to mention the emotional weight this will lift after all the history and relevance the English give this game (less so the Germans)

2 minutes ago, Si said:

It's beyond redemption I'm afraid. Even tried paying more for the match just because it said England and it didn't fix it.

Just now, neesy111 said:

So who do we want to play?

Sweden, they'll not attack so it'll be a slogfest match that you'll have enough quality to get through. Ukraine could turn up and run out of the gates at breakneck speed instead of being defense first, that might be dangerous. 

I don’t think we got a lot wrong tonight. Thought we were the better team first half and Germany didn’t know how to handle our extra man in midfield.

Germany started the second half better and had that chance through Muller but our two goals were both well worked and we deserved that.

People talking like almost every team that wins a major tournament isn't absolutely dull as fuck. Portugal were absolutely painful. 

Spain's results in World Cup 2010:

0-1

2-0

2-1

1-0

1-0

1-0

1-0 (aet)

You can bet your bottom dollar that if Rafa Benitez were managing a team in a tournament, it would be playing exactly like England are.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Mental that all of the teams from the so called "group of death" are out.

Not hugely. Only France were favourites/higher ranked. Go through the group in a different order mind and they could all have gone through to the QFs against more suited opponents.