Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

Man, watched that in a Welsh pub, and the atmosphere was like I was in London. Proper class atmosphere, loved it.

It was that sort of performance where at 70 minutes, if you win, we controlled the game well managed it well, but lose it and it was a poor performance. Luckily it was the former. Get the fuck in lads.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Man, watched that in a Welsh pub, and the atmosphere was like I was in London. Proper class atmosphere, loved it.

It was that sort of performance where at 70 minutes, if you win, we controlled the game well managed it well, but lose it and it was a poor performance. Luckily it was the former. Get the fuck in lads.

Aye, nailed it.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s hard to remember how toxic the England manager’s job was. Allardyce FFS. 

I don’t love Southgate’s approach but I do understand it. 

:thup:

The end justified the means. 

On 70 minutes it was looking dodgy imo, the Germans were far more composed on the ball and we'd become disjointed. Grealish sub worked out fantastically and Shaw was a big attacking influence late on too. 

I do think we're still playing within ourselves but the result is all that matters in these games and we've managed it. Absolutely delighted. 

We totally nullified Gosens and Kimmich btw. They destroyed Portugal when they set up with a back 4. 

Another clean sheet and Kane off the mark now, we have to really fancy ourselves going forward. We may setup negatively but we are blessed with the attacking options we can bring off the bench later in games. 

We need to take the confidence from a win against Germany and transform it into a slightly more ambitious approach. We don’t have to do anything silly but for the next match I’d like us to drop Rice, even though he got a lot better towards the end of the match. I think Grealish has earnt a start or at the very least, first sub at 60 mins. We are defensively sound, the three at the back were excellent so let’s move the ball quicker. I want Foden back in the team but I’m not sure I could drop Saka 

24 minutes ago, number37 said:

Two goals, the shackles are well and truly off now, just you see, there'll only be one goalkeeper on the bench for the next game. 

You have to have both keepers on the bench, 'tis the rules.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Cronky said:

Why is everyone going on about it being our first win against Germany in a major tournament since 1966? We beat them 1-0 in Euro 2000. Shearer got the goal.

Knockout.

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We need to take the confidence from a win against Germany and transform it into a slightly more ambitious approach. We don’t have to do anything silly but for the next match I’d like us to drop Rice, even though he got a lot better towards the end of the match. I think Grealish has earnt a start or at the very least, first sub at 60 mins. We are defensively sound, the three at the back were excellent so let’s move the ball quicker. I want Foden back in the team but I’m not sure I could drop Saka 

You guys have everything to reach the final - somewhat easily.

Your potential adversaries till reaching it are:

Sweden

Ukraine

Czech Republic

Denmark

Edited by jotenko

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, jotenko said:

You guys have everything to reach the final - somewhat easily.

Your potential adversaries till reaching it are:

Sweden

Ukraine

Czech Republic

Denmark

No easy games in the euros.  This tournament should tell us that.

Guest neesy111

So happy for sterling is he's leading the line for us after the abuse he gets.  He's frustrating but he's delivering.

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I know his style is not pretty but why change something which is working. No goals conceded against teams which scored 2 against Holland, 3 against Spain, 4 against Portugal. Tournament football is all about results and as of now Southgate is delivering big time.