Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

For all the talk about our defence not being good enough we have looked very solid. Other than gifting Muller that chance ourselves I neve felt like we'd concede once we went ahead. 

1 minute ago, Tomato Deuce said:

The English rose blossoms again. Never a doubt in my mind lads. Been behind you 100% from the get go.

Aye, this. It's coming home, ladssss.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Southgate is kinda gross but the man gets results, which you can't knock. Massive win considering who is remaining on that side of the draw. 

If you feel that way about football fair enough.

Just now, Beren said:

If you feel that way about football fair enough.

I don't particularly like it, because I think the potential of the team could be so much greater, but because of England's struggles all these years you kind of have to respect it. It is a shame his approach though as I think he's ultimately going to waste a lot of big time talent he has available to him at the minute.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Southgate is kinda gross but the man gets results, which you can't knock. Massive win considering who is remaining on that side of the draw. 

Don't get how he's kinda gross. He's always came over as a decent sort of bloke. Bit like Hughton for us. I'm happy for him, almost balances my distaste for England through the media and social media.

Just now, madras said:

Don't get how he's kinda gross. He's always came over as a decent sort of bloke. Bit like Hughton for us. I'm happy for him, almost balances my distaste for England through the media and social media.

Oh he's an absolute class act. Really like him as a person actually.

Just meant in his approach to how he prefers to setup the team.

We weren't pretty to watch, but you have to say that Southgate's gameplan worked. Stifle the opposition and then nick it in the last 15 minutes.

I hope Henderson is fit enough to start now. Rice is playing with far too much caution. 

Mount will improve the team too. He operates well in the lines between the opposition defence and midfield, and that's where we are lacking in creativity. 

When it showed you the pundits celebrating I’m sure shearer tap danced out “takeover approved” in morse code. 

going to be a good year. 

Edited by RS

Just now, madras said:

yeah its hard to dislike this england team compared to previous ones (2006 was about the worst for that with all the golden generation shit and wag nonsense) the English media may get me back to disliking them as it goes on but for the moment I'm on board  

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Oh he's an absolute class act. Really like him as a person actually.

Just meant in his approach to how he prefers to setup the team.

Oh get you, fair point.

2 minutes ago, RS said:

When it showed you the pundits celebrating I’m sure shearer tap danced out “takeover approved” in morse code. 

going to be a good year. 

:lol: