UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

28 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

I went to uni in Stoke at a time when Stoke City were proper shit, League One or Two and so all the Stoke hoolies were massively into England.  Put me off England a bit for life, just sitting trying to have a pint with dickheads with their shirts off chucking shit about singing about the IRA and the Pope cos England had a friendly on the telly at 3pm in the afternoon.

NUFC have their share of those dickheads too

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

This is why I just can't bring myself to get excited about England any more. Don't give a shit whether they win or lose tonight.

I'm sort of here although i'll be disappointed if we lose. I know I'm not consciously nervous but I don't feel right. I think somewhere deep inside me, subconsciously, I'm nervous.
No where near how I used to get over NUFC games though.

I think some of us up here feel very disconnected from the national side - too far away from London and no NUFC representation for a long time (I think Andy Carroll was the last NUFC player capped by England?)

I'll be over the moon if we win, but it wouldn't come near to NUFC winning the league or the FA Cup.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

I think some of us up here feel very disconnected from the national side - too far away from London and no NUFC representation for a long time (I think Andy Carroll was the last NUFC player capped by England?)

I'll be over the moon if we win, but it wouldn't come near to NUFC winning the league or the FA Cup.

My disconnection falls firmly and squarely at the feet of Mike Ashley.

Edited by Robster

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

Same although my feelings are down to being fucked over by the south. Still English though