PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Gaztoon said:

All hot air because Restriction of trade is a huge no no ..and the prem know this.. that's why Fines or points deductions will never happen under the fake FFP.

Interesting legal arguments re FFP, a few years old but I guess the arguments about legality remain to be tested in a Court.

https://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/26_07_2013_09_39_47_Fair-or-foul-Part-1-and-Part-2-word.pdf

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Interesting legal arguments re FFP, a few years old but I guess the arguments about legality remain to be tested in a Court.

https://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/26_07_2013_09_39_47_Fair-or-foul-Part-1-and-Part-2-word.pdf

This ruling has broad implications for all sporting rules that have any significant economic impact on sportsmen or women or sporting clubs: even where such rules pursue a legitimate objective, the sporting body must show that the rules go no further than is necessary to achieve that objective – i.e. they must be proportionate to the identified aims. Unless the rules are not liable to have any significant economic impact at all, they fall within the scope of the competition rules and require careful justification if they are to survive legal challenge.

That seems relevant to me and the bit most likely to encourage a challenge, particularly around related party transactions (or specifically about putting a cap on them)

Edited by Keegans Export

There's nothing illegal or immoral about a related party transaction - in the corporate world, they just have to be disclosed so it's clear and transparent.

I'm already not sure how the current rules about fair market value for deals can be enforced, which at a guess might be why they're trying to change it to something simpler they can defend now.

Regardless, I can't see how putting a new arbitrary limit on where clubs can legally earn money from could withstand any kind of challenge.

So sorry ESL 6. That ringing bell you're hearing is the Undertaker and we're coming for you.

Just now, FloydianMag said:

Mick McManus and Jackie Pallo were staple viewing on ITV Sat mornings…..then On the Ball, fuck me I’m old

Alas, I never met them, but I have worked with Johnny Saint and Marty Jones and Stevie Knight. Fuck me I'M old ;D