PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Is this confirmed?  Hadn’t seen who they sold their shares to (likely I missed it)

Widely reported I think but not confirmed

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Does that dopey Makem think PCP are PIF ? 

Judging by their thread of rtg I think they all do :lol:

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Are the rumours of the Alnick transfer meeting correct or is it ITK nonsense?

Pearson had a screenshot from Staveley's social media saying it was happening, so I presume it is

Crumpy had them all sending off letters to Companies House because he thought he'd seen an issue with our paperwork which meant the takeover shouldn't happen [emoji38] Yet loads of them still seem to hang off his every word. 

7 hours ago, rutland said:

Just from the thread.

Never mind not having the money to invest further, PCP don't have the money to keep the 6% they had. Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

:lol: Thick as mince.

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Anyone fancy explaining to me like I'm five, why a co owner has to put money in because another does?

Honestly clueless on this stuff, I just like football. :)

If you and a mate buy a car together. Then you both agree to swap out the engine and stereo, but your mate pays for all of it. He now has invested more than you in said car, and thus owns a greater share in the car. 

Just now, Nobody said:

If you and a mate buy a car together. Then you both agree to swap out the engine and stereo, but your mate pays for all of it. He now has invested more than you in said car, and thus owns a greater share in the car. 

Oooh well put.

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

What if your mate is a tyre kicker?

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

So am I right thinking, if PIF put 100m in for example Amanda and Mehrdad would have to put in 6%(?) of that currently? Which they can't afford.

Edited by BonesJones

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Right okay, I understand - but why does it mean I, the poorer mate, should or would want to to get out entirely? What's wrong for PCP and everyone with PCP's % just getting lower (I assume though the % is getting less, its actual value is the same or more)?

5 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Right okay, I understand - but why does it mean I, the poorer mate, should or would want to to get out entirely? What's wrong for PCP and everyone with PCP's % just getting lower (I assume though the % is getting less, its actual value is the same or more)?

Yeh why can't Yasir just say "Don't worry about it Mandy and Mehr! Love you guys!".

14 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I think the fact that PCP hasn't actually paid for its share (it was given via a loan from the Reubens) would mean that they may not be in a position to pay for even that reduced stake.  And if PIF are serious, even if they paid up for those shares they may have ended up diluted to a ludicrous degree.  It does seem like Staveley has some cash flow problems coming up, and while she is wealthier than me, she's nowhere near wealthy enough to start chucking money at a small stake in a football club.

This day was always on the near horizon - PCP will have been comfortably reimbursed for minimal risk.  It doesn't stop Staveley returning to the club as a supporter if she wants.  But the club now has experienced and respected football administrators onboard.  Her place in the club's history is secure - her role in getting Ashley out should never be underestimated by anyone; I've always scratched my head about it, but she was the only person in that position who seemed to understand what the club's potential was and used her contacts to find a buyer (which as we know took her years of effort to get over the line).  But she is a deal-maker, not a football club chair

24 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I don't know really, maybe that new engine is a proper gas gussler and it's not worth it for me to keep the car as I can't afford it anymore.

Stavely, guess that would mean that she would rather just cash out now than see her stake becoming less and less to the point where it's almost nothing. 

Would be nice if she could stick around in some capacity. Even if just to fly in for when there's a big decision to ensure the club stays on the correct path, as I feel she's almost like a fan and would have more of our feelings in her thoughts.

I'd hope anyway.

Love her!

39 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

What @TheBrownBottle said is a huge factor. It's not like she/they only owned 5-10% but could comfortably afford that and could maybe throw in a bit more from time to time. In the car analogy think of it more like you found a rare car for your two wealthy friends. They paid you a nice finder's fee in the form of a small ownership stake (there was also a political aspect to this but nevermind that). Now it's time for you to turn that into real cash whether it's because you really need it, they don't really want you around anymore, or the quick value growth has been achieved and it's good timing (or maybe a bit of all three).

It actually seems more straightforward in the car analogy because the complicating factor here is they seem to have fallen in love with NUFC and because of that, their stewardship, and their work in removing Ashley there is an emotional component to it.