PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

11 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Is Auclair alright? 

200m net!!! oh no.

Newly promoted Nottingham Forest spent £150m in one, one window.

That's okay though because they're doing shite. Just like folks wouldn't be anywhere near as bothered if we were too.

Edited by Jonas

Philipe Auclair has fairly consistently been criticial of us, Man city, PSG and of World Cup on human rights issues. the money issue seems a side one, and one that is entirely the fault of the door being open for it by the league etc. It is absolutely terrible for the quality of the leagues that the leading teams can spend so much and I would take in an instant a league where we are constrained significantly in spending along with everyone else, we would have to compete for the league on merit and that is how it should be. 

On the ethics, it is wrong for any football club to be owned by a sovereign wealth fund like we are.  It's ludicrous and I agree at the rancourous state of the ethics. It's just, I do wonder with Auclaire, does he think the Premier league is a temple we have defiled? It has been defined by hideous greed since the start? I applaud everyone who can live monk like away from interacting with bad faith actors and evil corporations and bloody money. But we all have to live in this world, have our pleasures somewhere and it's frankly exhausting. 

I am still uncomfortable with the ownership and will sympathise with those points, but sometimes it feels like all the blame is laid at our door and all action is levelled at newcastle fans to do. I would never never criticise another toon fan for wanting to purely enjoy this. I will criticize needlessly cheerleading for teh saudi regime, you are not obliged to love unconditionally the owner of your club. But the league is rotten, don't demand only newcastle fans boycott, when it's so rotten surely you should be demanding all the fans say enough is enough of this league sort it out. But no it's just Newcastle fans and every other fan is off the hook and these pundits can keep watching the league and pretend that their conscious is clear. 

30 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Philipe Auclair has fairly consistently been criticial of us, Man city, PSG and of World Cup on human rights issues. the money issue seems a side one, and one that is entirely the fault of the door being open for it by the league etc. It is absolutely terrible for the quality of the leagues that the leading teams can spend so much and I would take in an instant a league where we are constrained significantly in spending along with everyone else, we would have to compete for the league on merit and that is how it should be. 

On the ethics, it is wrong for any football club to be owned by a sovereign wealth fund like we are.  It's ludicrous and I agree at the rancourous state of the ethics. It's just, I do wonder with Auclaire, does he think the Premier league is a temple we have defiled? It has been defined by hideous greed since the start? I applaud everyone who can live monk like away from interacting with bad faith actors and evil corporations and bloody money. But we all have to live in this world, have our pleasures somewhere and it's frankly exhausting. 

I am still uncomfortable with the ownership and will sympathise with those points, but sometimes it feels like all the blame is laid at our door and all action is levelled at newcastle fans to do. I would never never criticise another toon fan for wanting to purely enjoy this. I will criticize needlessly cheerleading for teh saudi regime, you are not obliged to love unconditionally the owner of your club. But the league is rotten, don't demand only newcastle fans boycott, when it's so rotten surely you should be demanding all the fans say enough is enough of this league sort it out. But no it's just Newcastle fans and every other fan is off the hook and these pundits can keep watching the league and pretend that their conscious is clear. 

Top post.

6 minutes ago, Cattletrucked said:

Who the fuck are these ‘NUFC against Sprtswashing’ I mean each to their own opinion on iffy owners, are they really Newcastle supporters? Anyone know? 

Its a Sunderland fan isn’t it? 

17 minutes ago, LV said:

Its a Sunderland fan isn’t it? 

I’ve honestly got no idea, the impression I get is that it’s someone who used to go to our matches but disagrees with the Saudi takeover so started a group. Never researched it or owt yet, just wondered if anyone knew anything. 

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Completely agree but it’s interesting that abusing refs is now more than acceptable if Evil Eddie says otherwise.  It’s schoolyard level stuff. 

Not too mention beloved Jurgen and his club of utter saints backing the Superleague which would’ve and will do far more damage to English football than our owners will.  

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Class post. I think aswell, football has been in an arms race for financial clout for over a century now, a. Race which we have for lack of a better term won. Everyone should accept this and push towards a game that is both ethical and competitive.

Think it's still there, spent silly amount of time messing around with the Theremins in there and pretending to the staff i legitimately might buy one. (If I could afford I would...)

Edited by Tiresias

On 20/10/2022 at 22:45, Tiresias said:

Absolutely. All things equal I would be more than happy for us to punch our weight if all clubs were operating under their own steam without stupidly rich backers. We did well enough in the 90's and 2000's under KK and Bobby.

But all things  aren't equal, and haven't been since Qatari and Russian money started buying up the PL. We've just reluctantly joined the party so we can compete again.

44 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Am I making this up or was there a rumour a few months ago that the club had bought the Barker Stonehouse building next to the stadium? 

Temp club shop whilst we alter the gallowgate;)

On 20/10/2022 at 23:11, Cattletrucked said:

Who the fuck are these ‘NUFC against Sprtswashing’ I mean each to their own opinion on iffy owners, are they really Newcastle supporters? Anyone know? 

It’s Exile from RTG.  You can tell because he copy/pasted everything they post over there for attention just like he used to for his posts.