PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Right okay, I understand - but why does it mean I, the poorer mate, should or would want to to get out entirely? What's wrong for PCP and everyone with PCP's % just getting lower (I assume though the % is getting less, its actual value is the same or more)?

Yeh why can't Yasir just say "Don't worry about it Mandy and Mehr! Love you guys!".

14 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Right okay, I understand - but why does it mean I, the poorer mate, should or would want to to get out entirely? What's wrong for PCP and everyone with PCP's % just getting lower (I assume though the % is getting less, its actual value is the same or more)?

I think the fact that PCP hasn't actually paid for its share (it was given via a loan from the Reubens) would mean that they may not be in a position to pay for even that reduced stake.  And if PIF are serious, even if they paid up for those shares they may have ended up diluted to a ludicrous degree.  It does seem like Staveley has some cash flow problems coming up, and while she is wealthier than me, she's nowhere near wealthy enough to start chucking money at a small stake in a football club.

This day was always on the near horizon - PCP will have been comfortably reimbursed for minimal risk.  It doesn't stop Staveley returning to the club as a supporter if she wants.  But the club now has experienced and respected football administrators onboard.  Her place in the club's history is secure - her role in getting Ashley out should never be underestimated by anyone; I've always scratched my head about it, but she was the only person in that position who seemed to understand what the club's potential was and used her contacts to find a buyer (which as we know took her years of effort to get over the line).  But she is a deal-maker, not a football club chair

24 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I don't know really, maybe that new engine is a proper gas gussler and it's not worth it for me to keep the car as I can't afford it anymore.

Stavely, guess that would mean that she would rather just cash out now than see her stake becoming less and less to the point where it's almost nothing. 

Would be nice if she could stick around in some capacity. Even if just to fly in for when there's a big decision to ensure the club stays on the correct path, as I feel she's almost like a fan and would have more of our feelings in her thoughts.

I'd hope anyway.

Love her!

39 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

What @TheBrownBottle said is a huge factor. It's not like she/they only owned 5-10% but could comfortably afford that and could maybe throw in a bit more from time to time. In the car analogy think of it more like you found a rare car for your two wealthy friends. They paid you a nice finder's fee in the form of a small ownership stake (there was also a political aspect to this but nevermind that). Now it's time for you to turn that into real cash whether it's because you really need it, they don't really want you around anymore, or the quick value growth has been achieved and it's good timing (or maybe a bit of all three).

It actually seems more straightforward in the car analogy because the complicating factor here is they seem to have fallen in love with NUFC and because of that, their stewardship, and their work in removing Ashley there is an emotional component to it. 

Unless PCP had a prior agreement giving the Saudis an option to buy its shares under certain circumstances (which is possible), it would have no obligation to sell its shares to them just because they decided to invest more capital into the club. PCP wouldn't have any obligation to put in more of its own money either.  The only consequence would be that PCP's proportionate ownership interest would be diluted, i.e. reduced.

The emotional component to it is such a double sided coin though.

When she posted on insta after they'd been in Monaco at the F1 I really thought that was a bad move, not being in Monaco but trying to justify it by saying they were meeting with potential sponsors. 

That part made no sense as we have Livingstone in for that purpose now. It just didn't need to be said and looked a bit amateur trying to set the record straight to whatever numpties had criticised her, maybe that was same time as the humping we got in 2nd game in Australia.

But my point, in making statements they also represent PIF and the Reubens and I just can't see how that would have gone down well behind the scenes.

Maybes her and mehrdad are too attached to the club. 

So if we ever had to let howe or any big player go for whatever reason she wouldn't be able to accept the decision and would create resistance. 

Which is a shame really but understandable. 

4 hours ago, andycap said:

Maybes her and mehrdad are too attached to the club. 

So if we ever had to let howe or any big player go for whatever reason she wouldn't be able to accept the decision and would create resistance. 

Which is a shame really but understandable. 

They didn't do what they did for the love of the club. They did it for money. 

28 minutes ago, clippert said:

With respect I disagree. They could have held onto their stake and done the bare minimum in terms of their management contract. It’s obvious she went above and beyond and really fell in love with the club (all facets), the region and the fans.

14 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

With respect I disagree. They could have held onto their stake and done the bare minimum in terms of their management contract. It’s obvious she went above and beyond and really fell in love with the club (all facets), the region and the fans.

Nah, she ain't doing what she did for free. 

It was a business opportunity, simple as. 

1 hour ago, clippert said:

After 2007 - 2022 it amazes me that any genuine fan could have this attitude towards the people who brought so much investment to the club.

I'm as cynical as anyone, but howay.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

23 minutes ago, clippert said:

So you're telling me she would do what she did for free? 

So it's either do it purely for love & for free, or do it 100% for money? Nothing more nuanced than that?

Jesus Christ, not even 8.30am and I already feel like that's enough internet for today [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

So it's either do it purely for love & for free, or do it 100% for money? Nothing more nuanced than that?

Jesus Christ, not even 8.30am and I already feel like that's enough internet for today [emoji38]

So you're saying she had a good time and fell in love whilst making money? 

The driving factor was the money, not having a good time and falling in love with the club. 

31 minutes ago, clippert said:

So you're saying she had a good time and fell in love whilst making money? 

The driving factor was the money, not having a good time and falling in love with the club. 

I'm saying two things;

1. You can both love doing something and also expect to be renumerated for it

2. She could probably have made a much better ROI with her money/loan than buying part of a football club

I think there were probably multiple driving factors. Money, yes. I think there is also a certain attachment to NUFC, whether that is the same as "falling in love" I don't know. It also looks good on her CV, being heavily involved in a multimillion pound deal with PIF. You seem to think it's just about money, that's it, no other factors at play which seems incredibly reductionist.

Has anything officially been said that i’ve missed from the club or AS or MG? 

If it is true then my gut feeling is her illness. That added to having a young child who I believe is neurodiverse (?) and probably getting to an even trickier age.

Ideally it be nice if they both still had roles however minor at the club.  Felt there was something natural about them both which rubbed off on the players and coaching staff etc along with all those who work at the club behind the scenes.

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Has anything officially been said that i’ve missed from the club or AS or MG? 

If it is true then my gut feeling is her illness. That added to having a young child who I believe is neurodiverse (?) and probably getting to an even trickier age.

Ideally it be nice if they both still had roles however minor at the club.  Felt there was something natural about them both which rubbed off on the players and coaching staff etc along with all those who work at the club behind the scenes.

Whenever the cameras panned in on her at St James Park it always looked like she was kicking every ball. I think that's what endeared her to Newcastle fans.

1 hour ago, clippert said:

So you're telling me she would do what she did for free? 

Absolutely wasn’t what I said at all. 

Shes found herself in a v v fortunate position where she’s been rewarded handsomely for a job/role within a team that she’s really embraced and taken into her heart.

2 hours ago, clippert said:

She was in love with Liverpool before Newcastle. lol.

Wonder if they will find another club to love soon?