PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

So it took them a year and a half with a legal challenge to buy us, and they are going to sell us to buy another Premier League team? Aye right, because they are well up for that.

The added bit about Barcelona as well, anyone who knows anything about football knows that you can’t buy Barcelona.

Who next? The Green Bay Packers?

Just having a browse through the Newcastle United category on Apple News and there 10 or so articles from the last day about our ownership. 

Then Lee Ryder is banging on about Brighton game still

47 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

[emoji38]

IMG_0417.jpeg

Where’s that from? ‘with how it directly led to…’ 😂 

No it didn’t. Their panicked reaction to it did.

34 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Someone should tell these clubs that despite what they think, they are not the arbiters or who gets to buy what. 

I don't know who's going to tell them because it won't be the PL authorities.

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

[emoji38]

IMG_0417.jpeg

That is madness. So they brought in suspect rules to stop us pushing on. Which led to City taking the prem to court and that’s somehow that’s our fault? It would be enraging if it wasn’t so farcical. 

Edited by Likelylad

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Someone should tell these clubs that despite what they think, they are not the arbiters or who gets to buy what. 

What’s more amazing is that he titles the article, and starts it off by suggesting that the Premier League should investigate our ownership because of a lack of separation.

He then ends the article suggesting they could sell us to buy another Premier League club.

It’s either a fucking issue, or it’s fucking not.

The thing is though, I guess this article isn’t written for me or other NUFC fans. We know the details, we know they are about to announce building a new stadium for somewhere between £1bn-£4bn, we know they have just brought in a director who’s background is in land acquisition for this, we know that they are in the process of replacing Eales due to his illness, etc.

This is written for your Man Utd, Arsenal, and Liverpool fans who need something to feel good about. The article might as well be titled ‘Want to feel good about the Newcastle takeover, here’s some straws for you to clutch’.

If Migual Delaney is an award winning reporter, then he must be sweating under the pressure that the guys at the Lad Bible are coming to take his awards off him.

Edited by Stifler

19 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

That is madness. So they brought in suspect rules to stop us pushing on. Which led to City taking the prem to court and that’s somehow that’s our fault? It would be enraging if it wasn’t so farcical. 

You can understand why the PL officials would be keen to go down that route though. They've come out of this as prize pillocks for the most part, this way they could find a new pantomime villain to throw under the bus.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

You can understand why the PL officials would be keen to go down that route though. They've come out of this as prize pillocks for the most part, this way they could find a new pantomime villain to throw under the bus.

The timing is interesting mind. Are we being used as a distraction regards to APT stuff etc or is it just coincidental? 

5 hours ago, Jack27 said:

https://apple.news/AYqiMA4kWRnysw33A6Xeciw

Sorry to say but Miguel Delaney is back at it. His hate for us is hilarious when you also consider that such awful “state ownership” has meant we’re being ran like a relatively normal football club. 

The kicker being this snippet of utter nonsense in the final paragraph:

“Newcastle haven’t created as many headlines as any of that. There is even the feeling within the game that the Saudi state is ultimately eyeing a bigger club. Rumours abound about both Liverpool and Chelsea. Barcelona’s financial troubles are even seen as potentially bringing an end to the club’s full member ownership and forcing the sale of a partial stake.”

Ollie Holt as well.

Disingeuously coordinated much?

You'd have to imagine that PSR doesn't exist for the premiss to even get off the ground. Unfortunately it does and its quite pervasive, though not as much as the thing he has for us.

Edited by Jonas

The coordination and timing do seem odd.  Maybe the premier league are trying to keep us in line in the meetings.

But its hard to argue about anything written:

- new training ground project is silent

- new ground announcement has been delayed multiple times (latest with the good news that we're starting phase 2!)

- no players of note signed in since Tonali over a year ago

- no decent sponsorships announced

- Inter Milan getting more push in Saudi than us (https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2024/10/17/inter-milan-acquire-license-market-club-saudi-arabia/)

I want to believe that it's all long term project, be patient etc etc but from the outside nothing much seems to be happening.   

Edit Also:

- Shirt sponsor was allegedly  below what APR rules would have allowed

- Saudi teams doing way more for other teams than ours with signings

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

9 hours ago, Stifler said:

So it took them a year and a half with a legal challenge to buy us, and they are going to sell us to buy another Premier League team? Aye right, because they are well up for that.

The added bit about Barcelona as well, anyone who knows anything about football knows that you can’t buy Barcelona.

Who next? The Green Bay Packers?

They tried and failed to buy Liverpool before moving on to us because Staveley persuaded them it was a good investment to buy us and build us into a top club.

It's naive to think that, with it looking a much more difficult and long term task than they originally envisaged (or possibly impossible) to turn us into a top club, there is no chance they could recalculate if a top 6 club were to be avalible.

To be realistic, we haven't been able to push-on on or off the pitch in the way they probably expected and it doesn't seem we've really caught on in Saudi the way they probably hoped.

I'm not saying that they're going to move on but it's naive to think that it's not a possibility.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

They tried and failed to buy Liverpool before moving on to us because Staveley persuaded them it was a good investment to buy us and build us into a top club.

It's naive to think that, with it looking a much more difficult and long term task than they originally envisaged (or possibly impossible) to turn us into a top club, that there is no chance they could recalculate if a top 6 club were to be avalible.

To be realistic, we haven't been able to push-on on or off the pitch in the way they probably expected and it doesn't seem we've really caught on in Saudi they way they probably hoped.

I'm not saying that they're going to move on but it's naive to think that it's not a possibility.

We haven't caught on in Saudi because we are blocked from winning anything via PSR and FFP. Winning teams gain worldwide following, that is how Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal gained traction, and precisely why they have fought so hard to stop us buying players.  It would be ironic if they were rewarded for this by getting themselves bought by the Saudis which would - let's face it - suit them and the PL authorities who would have one less problem to deal with.

Not sure why everyone’s getting worked up by these reports. At the outset it was stated this wasn’t a Man City type takeover but a long term investment to create a sustainable club. They never planned to plough City/PSG money into us and sign the Mbappes and Haalands. They’re looking to exploit scouting and data to find talent and develop it and I don’t think PSR/FFP changes have brought that about but was always the plan. I think their vision is Dortmund but with more money.

Edited by SAK

I have my doubts about PIF. Both in terms of interest and competency.  

Football clubs require 100% commitment.  The 2 clubs that have grown most from investment in the last 25 years have the best 2 academies in the country. Even clubs like Brighton and Brentford have overachieved through analytics. 

I’ve not seen from PIF what will get us a competitive advantage. Spending what we can under PSR isn’t anything significant.   Have we even tried to loan players from Saudi?

and then at the same time they are demanding European football from the manager?  I don’t see the strategy or the joined up thinking. It’s been 3 years.  

Staveley and co. had their issues. But we knew they were passionate. 

11 minutes ago, SAK said:

Not sure why everyone’s getting worked up by these reports. At the outset it was stated this wasn’t a Man City type takeover but a long term investment to create a sustainable club. They never planned to plough City/PSG money into us and sign the Mbappes and Haalands. They’re looking to exploit scouting and data to find talent and develop it and I don’t think PSR/FFP changes have brought that about but was always the plan. I think their vision is Dortmund but with more money.

Al-Rumayyan said the plan was for us to be No.1, Staveley suggested that we would be challenging for the league in 5 years.

Them buying us just to be a sustainable club makes no sense. Firstly, we're never going to be sustainable, they've officially put in £400m already, we run at a massive loss. Secondly, what would that offer Saudi Arabia?

They almost certainly want a top club that will win things and everything that comes with that.

FFP / PSR is in place to stop us and others becoming a top club. It's a glass ceiling designed entirely to keep the status quo and basically prevents PIF realising their ambition with us.

While it's in place, and the entire system is rigged, then they'll never be able to achieve what they want to. 

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

FFP / PSR is in place to stop us and others becoming a top club. It's a glass ceiling designed entirely to keep the status quo and basically prevents PIF realising their ambition with us.

While it's in place, and the entire system is rigged, then they'll never be able to achieve what they want to. 

Maybe in time they can break the system, just like they eventually gate crashed the party against all the other clubs will. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Just my opinion but they’re not moving on to another British club and are very happy with their investment, the stadium will be the biggest infrastructure project and investment this city has ever seen.

Edited by Whitley mag