PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, clippert said:

This makes it very clear that she was doing it for the money and not the love of the club. Surely if she really loved the club she would have taken the financial hit? 

Mate, you've proven multiple times that you have no idea how company ownership, shareholdings or finance works. Just step away from the keyboard. There are plenty of other threads I'm sure you can offer an informed opinion in.

24 minutes ago, clippert said:

This makes it very clear that she was doing it for the money and not the love of the club. Surely if she really loved the club she would have taken the financial hit? 

Dude, you are a one trick pony.

Thank you Amanda and Mehrdad for overseeing such a brilliant resurgence of NUFC.

They were the absolutely perfect pair to navigate the absolute slime and bullshit thrown our way prior, during and even after the takeover.

I hope they have got what they wanted from the whole thing (financial and hopefully something more meaningful) and can continue to enjoy the fruits of their hard labour alongside the rest of us fans.

Excited for whats next, and I'm quietly confident the best is yet to come.

4 hours ago, Eveready said:

I'm going to attempt to explain why it was never viable for PCP to keep their stake with significant infrastructure investment.

PCP owned their 6% (after dilutions), however they borrowed the money from RB to purchase this at 7% annual interest, which has not been repaid.

Staveley had to borrow money from the club to pay for legal fees unrelated to NUFC, strongly indicating that that she has liquidity issues.

Below I have set out 2 scenario's, neither are entirely realistic as they don't include any additional investment transfers/wages.  However, they are illustrative enough.

PCP has probably just about managed to keep up with interest to RB with the increased valuation of the club based on organic growth (excluding the addition investment in the playing squad).  However, if a large infrastructure investment is made, their share will reduce significantly but the valuation of the club based on organic growth will likely continue as an absolute £ value.

This would mean that if the clubs value organically grew £50m in a year, PCP would recognise £2.85m profit at their 5.7% share.  However, if a £1bn infrastructure investment was made, they would only recognise £1.1m profit at an equity share of 2.2%.  However, the interest would continue to accrue at the same 7% per annum.

Assumptions:

• Current NUFC valuation: £636m (source: Forbes)
  • PCP equity pre-disposal: 5.7% (source: widely reported)
  • Current value of loan from RB: £36m (this is understated, but it's more about direction of travel so it's sufficient for illustration)
  • Loan at 7% interest (source: PCP/Cantervale's Companies House filings)
  • £1bn infrastructure investment in Scenario B (roughly the cost of Spurs new stadium)
  • The club's value increases organically by £50m/year (current valuation of £636m, less £305m initial purchase value, less £206m additional cash injections = £125m increase in valuation before cash injections.  £125m/3 years of ownership = c.£42m/year.  Rounded up to £50m/year)
  • The valuation of the additional infrastructure remains constant at £1bn

Scenario A - No further investment.  Organic growth only

image.thumb.png.6ffca92a19c24868655530d05666a98b.png

Scenario B - £1bn infrastructure investment.  Organic growth of footballing operations

image.thumb.png.0a69c1200908a350278a12f217f24596.png

The longer they stay, the more precarious their position would become.

I've put this together in about 10 minutes and I'm currently too lazy on a Friday afternoon to check so apologies for any errors, but directionally should be sound.

Glad you've done this as I was just about to pull together something along the same lines. Saved 5 minutes of my day

Seems from their statements they’re making a clean break. I don’t expect them to make return trips for the odd match, they’re not obliged to. You can be involved with something and love it but then move on whilst still wishing the best for those you leave behind.

2 minutes ago, SAK said:

Seems from their statements they’re making a clean break. I don’t expect them to make return trips for the odd match, they’re not obliged to. You can be involved with something and love it but then move on whilst still wishing the best for those you leave behind.

See Keegan, Kevin.

Never got emotionally attached because like Staveley has rightly always said, they were custodians of our club and I think if Ashley taught me anything it's to keep owners at arms length and reserve the love for the football side of things. Professionally though, they've done a fantastic job and despite there being huge reservations over our owners, just their part in removing that parasite from our club is on its own enough to put them alongside nearly anyone in our history in terms of importance.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, clippert said:

Hate to break it to you given the customary sorry state of your club but your favourite players of all time (pitiful band such as they are) wouldn't have set foot in that place were it not for money.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Of course they were in it to make money, but was lovely having them as the face of the club and they've done as much for us as anyone in the club's history. 

I do think this is "Stage 3" coming up after staying up then moving up the table. 

It's mutually exclusive for them to make money as the more successful we are then the more money they should make.

It was always the most baffling thing about the previous regime.

Just want to add my huge thanks to them both…..think back to the dark days of COVID, when we spent 18 months on the keyboard, constantly checking for updates…….that day in May, when we heard that PIF had dropped out of the purchase and the feeling of being with FA for eternity…..BUT no, after prolonged efforts by lawyers and support from Amanda we held our nerve and reaped the rewards…..There ought to be a statue to AS in years to come as a thank you for ridding us of the evil fat bastard…….Whatever you get up to in the future, here’s hoping for a healthy and long future ahead of you…meanwhile I’m looking for a new profile photo 😁

58 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Never got emotionally attached because like Staveley has rightly always said, they were custodians of our club and I think if Ashley taught me anything it's to keep owners at arms length and reserve the love for the football side of things. Professionally though, they've done a fantastic job and despite there being huge reservations over our owners, just their part in removing that parasite from our club is on its own enough to put them alongside nearly anyone in our history in terms of importance.

Yeap I'll happy thank them etc for what they've done but I will call them out for being Tory cunts as well.