PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Payout aside (which was always certain) it sounds like she put the club first, knowing her skills and knowledge can only take it so far and there are people in place now who understand it all better than her. I mean if so, she's an even bigger legend. 

Let’s hope Eales deserves the trust put in him and delivers, huge shoes to fill and despite her lack of experience still seems to have been doing a lot of the work right up to her exit.

7 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Fantasic interview and can't thank them enough for what they have done. Wonder why they're seemingly not involved with PIF's expansion into a multi-club setup. 

I’d go back to her son and her illness. I know she says it helps keeping busy but there’s one thing keeping busy doing something you can switch on and off when needed and another that would have her travelling around a lot still I’d imagine. That and she’s possibly in a little bit of denial about the illness whilst confirming she’s missed too much time already raising her son.

Obviously I’ll be proven wrong if they get involved in a big way with another club but I’d be surprised if it was anything near the level of what she was with us.

21 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’d go back to her son and her illness. I know she says it helps keeping busy but there’s one thing keeping busy doing something you can switch on and off when needed and another that would have her travelling around a lot still I’d imagine. That and she’s possibly in a little bit of denial about the illness whilst confirming she’s missed too much time already raising her son.

Obviously I’ll be proven wrong if they get involved in a big way with another club but I’d be surprised if it was anything near the level of what she was with us.

Oh aye, can’t imagine she’ll want to put in the hard yards like she has here, but if I were PIF I’d offer her/them a role in acquiring other clubs to their portfolio and perhaps overseeing the structure.

It does feel a bit sad that we've lost someone who was so in love with the club, and clearly close to and loved by the players. A bit of that family feel we/they all talked about has gone.

Edited by Sean

12 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Not enough :anguish: for those plans. Fuck sake man, just have it somewhere where you don't have to build 15 new fucking stadiums

In all fairness to Saudi Arabia, most World Cups result in having new stadiums being built. It’s actually been a policy of FIFA for countries bidding to have a ‘legacy’ after the World Cup.

Even if England made a bid for the World Cup, you’d imagine there would be a couple of new stadiums, and some refurbished ones included.

47 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

Sela are PIF owned. Related party sponsorships were never banned, just regulated. 

This deal is no indication either way.

Correct, however the new APT rules mean they will be regulated much more strictly as the new rules are much more onerous. Basically designed to strangle our sponsorship revenue.

8 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Correct, however the new APT rules mean they will be regulated much more strictly as the new rules are much more onerous. Basically designed to strangle our sponsorship revenue.

If it’s just for Japan I imagine it’s under 1m and therefore exempt of ratification