PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 hours ago, Minhosa said:

These new owners have been superb custodians so far imho. How lucky are we?

Honestly, I think they've done well to engage as an easy way to win fans over. It also shows how low the bar was under Ashley.

But, do not forget: all of this is a form of "Sportwashing". Do not ever forget that NUFC fans!

Whatever good things the saudi did, it's a form of "Sportwashing". So it ackthually a bad and evil things.

The foundation, food bank charity, buying the right players for NUFC, hiring the right manager, building a new stadium or renovating the current one, building the academy, supporting the NUFC Woman team... all are "Sportwashing" and bad and evil thing the saudi done on NUFC's name.

30 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

But, do not forget: all of this is a form of "Sportwashing". Do not ever forget that NUFC fans!

Whatever good things the saudi did, it's a form of "Sportwashing". So it ackthually a bad and evil things.

The foundation, food bank charity, buying the right players for NUFC, hiring the right manager, building a new stadium or renovating the current one, building the academy, supporting the NUFC Woman team... all are "Sportwashing" and bad and evil thing the saudi done on NUFC's name.

You off to a Chelsea forum next?

10 hours ago, veriaqa said:

You're being facetious but you've described it really well there.

“We looked at one player in January and were a bit unsure about him. We bid for him but he joined another club. References came back that he was selfish. He’s an incredible player but not a team player. We wanted to make sure our chemistry is right.”

Digne?

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A move away would be “like tearing your soul out”

It’s certainly the majority of fans view so hats off to them. I had no problem with moving to another city centre site, but got to admire how tuned in they are to everything.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, LRD said:

Any reasons why? Interested to understand the perspective.

It’s unprofessional for them to speak on players who we didn’t sign for a start. Also, anything they say will likely come back to haunt them. Saying Botman wants to come and still does is I’ll advised and not something which should come from our owners. 

I’m all for transparency and I fully support them but they might need to give more political answers in future to avoid binding themselves. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

It’s unprofessional for them to speak on players who we didn’t sign for a start. Also, anything they say will likely come back to haunt them. Saying Botman wants to come and still does is I’ll advised and not something which should come from our owners. 

I’m all for transparency and I fully support them but they might need to give more political answers in future to avoid binding themselves. 

Aye, some parts of the interview could be omitted and just sharing the plans for the club in general would suffice. Genuine people, think they will learn to be more measured in future.

Just now, LRD said:

Aye, some parts of the interview could be omitted and just sharing the plans for the club in general would suffice. Genuine people, think they will learn to be more measured in future.

Definitely it’s vastly positive plans were shared for the future it’s exactly what we need. Just some oversharing going on. 

It’s very exciting to hear the plans regarding the structure, the ground and the training ground. We are about to become a real premier league club again. 

“But I’m on the FFP committee and I said, ‘you won’t find a raft of related-party transactions because this was not our business plan’. We know we’ve got such a good story that we can attract people and PIF are such good partners that brands are very keen to work with them.

“We said, ‘we’re not what you think we are’ and I think other clubs are getting to know that. We want to be transparent about the way we do business. We have come out of it with a set of rules which I think will be very compelling and we can work with. And I’m very pleased we have, because I’ve always known we will be able to show fair market value for our sponsorship rights. We’re getting offers for sponsorship that are probably outbidding potential Saudi sponsors.”

“The plan was always to see what was the best deal for the club,” Ghodoussi says.” That’s something else that’s going to take time. There’s nothing specific telling us it has to be Saudi. We wanted to do it the right way. Did we plan to bring in a ‘dodgy’ deal for £100 million? Not at all.”

Interesting. Personally I would feel more comfortable without Saudi sponsors tbh. 

Tbf they've been constantly denigrated in the media. I can see why they've come out with some of the less measured quotes. I'm all for it. 

It's just great to be under ambitious and caring owners after 14 years of that fat parasite.