PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Darren mentioned on total sport last night he has a meeting in a few weeks with Castore. Hopefully tells them to improve or fuck off

I've got a pal who's a sportswear designer and has created footy kits for the highest profile global clubs. His view on Castore is that it's shite, proper bargain basement in terms of materials, manufacturing and product quality. 

Nothing we didn't know based on the obvious QC issues, but still interesting to get his professional insight into just how basic their apparel is.

Edited by bobbydazzla

Any idea when 'the big 6' contracts end with their current shirt manufacturers, could be a sign to our next potential manufacturer if say Adidas are losing Arsenal/Man Utd in the next season or so.

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Darren mentioned on total sport last night he has a meeting in a few weeks with Castore. Hopefully tells them to improve or fuck off

Hopefully he skips those middle steps and just tells them to fuck off. 

25 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I think Castore control the distribution element which the club gets next to nothing - this WILL change next season and they will like it or lump it 

anyone felt uncomfortable reading Mehrdad's posts about the goings on in Iran with respects to the recent protests on women's rights after that girls death in police custody?

I applaud them and especially as he is Iranian it must be something close to his heart.

but then u think of some of the shit in Saudi that still goes on.

Still really rankles with me that Ashley sold off the land behind St James and that might have affected our expansion plans. Even if it didn't, it was an asset which he probably creamed off for himself, I doubt the club got the money.

Dan Ashworth:

“It's a really difficult job, but it is possible. We have no God-given right, within one or two transfer windows, to go, 'Bang, we should be competing with the top four'. But things do happen in football that are slightly strange. Leicester won the Premier League at 5,000-1.'

:tobey:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11313355/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Big-Six-allies-Newcastle-Forest-foolish-look.html

A closed shop is not looking for trade. And the Big Six are not looking to become seven any time soon either. Certainly not eight.

So, if the word from recent Premier League meetings is to be believed, Newcastle and Nottingham Forest are what are known as useful idiots. It is suggested both are cosying up to the elite cabal, the Super League clubs who not so long ago were looking to stampede over the horizon, destroying the Premier League in the process, and leaving the clubs who remained choking on their dust. Newcastle and Forest have big ambitions and see the six as their natural allies. If this is true, they are even more foolish than they look.

Newcastle are faring better but if they think they are any more welcome in the ranks of the elite than among the disgruntled 14, they are wrong. The likes of Tottenham and Arsenal fear their rise as much as West Ham and Everton, and the only reason Manchester City abstained on rules that appeared to target Newcastle’s ability to raise commercial revenue from Saudi enterprises is they believe it is as much an attack on their links to businesses in Abu Dhabi.

If Newcastle want to know the true nature of the six, ask City, the last members through the door. City are in because, without them, without Pep Guardiola, Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne, the competition would lose some of its allure. Yet just about every regulatory move made by the elite clubs of England and Europe in the last decade has been designed to curb City. 

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11313355/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Big-Six-allies-Newcastle-Forest-foolish-look.html

A closed shop is not looking for trade. And the Big Six are not looking to become seven any time soon either. Certainly not eight.

So, if the word from recent Premier League meetings is to be believed, Newcastle and Nottingham Forest are what are known as useful idiots. It is suggested both are cosying up to the elite cabal, the Super League clubs who not so long ago were looking to stampede over the horizon, destroying the Premier League in the process, and leaving the clubs who remained choking on their dust. Newcastle and Forest have big ambitions and see the six as their natural allies. If this is true, they are even more foolish than they look.

Newcastle are faring better but if they think they are any more welcome in the ranks of the elite than among the disgruntled 14, they are wrong. The likes of Tottenham and Arsenal fear their rise as much as West Ham and Everton, and the only reason Manchester City abstained on rules that appeared to target Newcastle’s ability to raise commercial revenue from Saudi enterprises is they believe it is as much an attack on their links to businesses in Abu Dhabi.

If Newcastle want to know the true nature of the six, ask City, the last members through the door. City are in because, without them, without Pep Guardiola, Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne, the competition would lose some of its allure. Yet just about every regulatory move made by the elite clubs of England and Europe in the last decade has been designed to curb City. 

While much of that is true, especially the last bit, we've seen how the money gets round it. All it does is delays the inevitable.

Edited by madras

14 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Must have been on the beer when he fired that together. Complete shite. 

11 minutes ago, madras said:

While much of that is true, especially the last bit, we've seen how the money gets round it. All it does is delays the inevitable.

Aye, I'd guess we're likely to push Spurs out of the "Top 6 elite" in the coming years. 

Kane and Son are 29 and 30 respectively, unfortunately for Spurs, and when they start fading in the next few years, I can't see them replacing them with that sort of quality. 

9 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

I think this is why the club has hired their own lawyer. Can’t wait to fuck over the so called big 6

On 12/10/2022 at 22:55, Nobody said:

We've got one of the best badges in England though (the best in the PL according to my Mrs who doesn't give two shits about football and wouldn't just say that to be nice to me), absolutely no need to change it. Would be gutted if we did change it tbh. 

As for SJP, I'd much, much rather keep the name, but if it's a deal worth doing, then I wouldn't be too gutted to see it change. SJP needs to still be there mind, and it must never be ruined with tacky shite plastered all over it like our previous owner did with it. 

best in football tbh. It’s really, really good.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I hope we say no tbh - nowt good usually comes from these sort of things (this doesn't count comedies such as Premier Pashuns and Sunlun Til I Die)

I had the final episode of Premier Passions on my "comedy" 3hr VHS tape. 1hr of Bill Hicks, 30mins Will Durst, the University challenge episode of The Young Ones and Sunderlands relegation.

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Martin Samuel is a really odd bloke. He has this very strange writing style that just reads like he's drunkenly vomiting words onto the page.

He probably is. Bloke is unhinged. His patter about Max Verstappen is almost as bad as about NUFC. Thoroughly loath the guy, massive piece of scum.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I hope we say no tbh - nowt good usually comes from these sort of things (this doesn't count comedies such as Premier Pashuns and Sunlun Til I Die)

Me too, just keep thinking all the trade secrets would be revealed. And whenever you put a camera in someone's face, something always changes. Leave out me thinks. 

Edited by Lish007

Just so I'm clear...

Eales/Ashworth never actually said anything specific about a stadium name sponsor, Saudi linked sponsors or indeed expanding the stadium, right?

From what I heard, Eales basically said that we would look in to everything and consult fans on big decisions.

However likely they are, I swear a few journalists basically heard no denial on a few questions and ran with it. I shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by STM