PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I guess his main audience are like 10-15 year olds or something, dunno. 

I saw Adam P playing in a charity match for Newcastle Food Bank a few months ago (he was crap) and there were loads of 10-15 year olds more buzzing to see him and get photos with him than the ex-pros wandering around :lol:

One lad stood next to me who must have been about 12 kept chanting "You're just a shit IShowSpeed" at him for the duration which was canny funny for a bairn.

Edited by Pilko

53 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I saw Adam P playing in a charity match for Newcastle Food Bank a few months ago (he was crap) and there were loads of 10-15 year olds more buzzing to see him and get photos with him than the ex-pros wandering around :lol:

One lad stood next to me who must have been about 12 kept chanting "You're just a shit IShowSpeed" at him for the duration which was canny funny for a bairn.

I have no idea what that means cos old 

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

Was it cal the dragon?

3 hours ago, Pilko said:

My Google history now has ‘IShowSpeed’ in it.  These forums must play havoc with my search history 

On 30/11/2022 at 19:20, Keegans Export said:

Would be interesting to know whether the figures being thrown about (£20m/year) are accurate or not...?

Very late response here - didn’t know the answer at the time of the initial post. But yes - what’s been described in the press is correct c. £20m p.a. 

Just the shirt. It’s not a stadium naming / training ground / broader package as had been suggested elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, GeordieT said:

Very late response here - didn’t know the answer at the time of the initial post. But yes - what’s been described in the press is correct c. £20m p.a. 

Just the shirt. It’s not a stadium naming / training ground / broader package as had been suggested elsewhere. 

Gonna tell us the company now?

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They might have an argument under competition law but it should be laughed out of court as its blatently a money making scheme for the big clubs.

Plus, if UEFA are deemed to be running a monopoly, then surely the same applies to FIFA, the FA, the PL and every single other ruling body across every single country and continent.

And then theres other sports...it would result in chaos.

I think there have already been similar cases in other sports that have been found to be anti-competitive IIRC.

But I don't think that will necessarily change anything in relation to the ESL. It collapsed because our government said they would bring in legislation to prevent English clubs from joining (which essentially acknowledged that the rules as they are wouldn't be likely to stand up to challenge) and it's not going to be viable without the English clubs.

36 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

They might have an argument under competition law but it should be laughed out of court as its blatently a money making scheme for the big clubs.

Plus, if UEFA are deemed to be running a monopoly, then surely the same applies to FIFA, the FA, the PL and every single other ruling body across every single country and continent.

And then theres other sports...it would result in chaos.

Yeah, can see them winning the initial decision and being granted a legal mandate. They're still going to meet the same resistance the first try did though. The English teams are never going to be able to join, and without them the value of a 'Super League' drops drastically. There's a reason why the American owners of Man U and Liverpool are now looking for a way out. 

Let's just say they did. Theyd have to sell the club 1st and as we've seen that can take nearly 2 years. Of course the PL would waive through our sale to any old cunt without a thought, but for them to buy one of the big guys without upsetting the rest, it's easier to kick it down the road like they did with us, and they would use our sale as a way to do it.

Manure and Liverpool are running scared. They know the Saudis aren't messing around and their biggest fear is they've got competent staff in to run the show and spent the money. It's their worst nightmare and it could quite easily be made worse if anyone else wants to challenge. Villa have the backing financially, probably aren't as smart as we are behind the scenes, but they could easily establish themselves 5-6th and with us that could push a lame duck like manure out of Europe all together.

The glazers are Ashley on steroids. Theyll make a fortune and rid themselves of all the hassle. It'll be interesting to see who owns them next, same with Liverpool, but these clubs are high maintenance and whoever comes in needs unlimited cash to keep up with citeh and possibly another if both clubs are sold to high level investors. You could.ve buying a club for 4bn, spending 2bn over 5 years, win nothing and only finish 3rd. Spend a bn in total on us and finish 3rd and its a massive success.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Let's just say they did. Theyd have to sell the club 1st and as we've seen that can take nearly 2 years. Of course the PL would waive through our sale to any old cunt without a thought, but for them to buy one of the big guys without upsetting the rest, it's easier to kick it down the road like they did with us, and they would use our sale as a way to do it.

Manure and Liverpool are running scared. They know the Saudis aren't messing around and their biggest fear is they've got competent staff in to run the show and spent the money. It's their worst nightmare and it could quite easily be made worse if anyone else wants to challenge. Villa have the backing financially, probably aren't as smart as we are behind the scenes, but they could easily establish themselves 5-6th and with us that could push a lame duck like manure out of Europe all together.

The glazers are Ashley on steroids. Theyll make a fortune and rid themselves of all the hassle. It'll be interesting to see who owns them next, same with Liverpool, but these clubs are high maintenance and whoever comes in needs unlimited cash to keep up with citeh and possibly another if both clubs are sold to high level investors. You could.ve buying a club for 4bn, spending 2bn over 5 years, win nothing and only finish 3rd. Spend a bn in total on us and finish 3rd and its a massive success.

Being devil's advocate, couldn't they just hand their share over to the Reubens and PCP if they wanted a quick exit? If the really did want Man U the amount they would be writing off would be peanuts compared to the cost of buying Man U.

25 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Being devil's advocate, couldn't they just hand their share over to the Reubens and PCP if they wanted a quick exit? If the really did want Man U the amount they would be writing off would be peanuts compared to the cost of buying Man U.

I mean I'm happy with that. The money would be great, but I think AS backed with RB cash could take us far enough. 

43 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I mean I'm happy with that. The money would be great, but I think AS backed with RB cash could take us far enough. 

It's not going to happen. For a start the Reuben's are not interested in being full owners (they're in it for the expansion/improvements) and PCP do not have the money to invest into the club. 

9 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

The position we're in now we could easily be a self-sustaining top half club if PIF walked, no need for a load more money being pumped in. Not that I think that's likely to happen.

Eh? 

Not sure how you've came to that conclusion given the turnover, or lack of, and amount PIF have had to put in just to start the ball rolling.