PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Shola literally put his body on the line for us. Ruined his hip playing for us. 

Scored at Camp Nou and became the mackem slayer. 

He deserves so much more respect than he is getting. 

He's legit one of the nicest people I've ever met. 

Dedicates alot of his free time to local charities and football clubs. Even when he was a player he'd be turning up at local training sessions having a kickabout and sending hours signing stuff and taking photos with everyone. 

Uses his family box to let kids go to games who can't afford tickets. Has an open home where you can just turn up and get fed on the weekend where his mam cooks a massive African buffet each week. He pays for a lot of private tutoring for asylum seekers and foreign kids who've came over to catch them up to the same level of school kids their age. His mam hasn't needed to work for years but still does full time as a nurse. 

He gives a lot back to the local community for someone who's somehow earned the reputation of being greedy and selfish. 

46 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Dedicates alot of his free time to local charities and football clubs. Even when he was a player he'd be turning up at local training sessions having a kickabout and sending hours signing stuff and taking photos with everyone. 

Uses his family box to let kids go to games who can't afford tickets. Has an open home where you can just turn up and get fed on the weekend where his mam cooks a massive African buffet each week. He pays for a lot of private tutoring for asylum seekers and foreign kids who've came over to catch them up to the same level of school kids their age. His mam hasn't needed to work for years but still does full time as a nurse. 

He gives a lot back to the local community for someone who's somehow earned the reputation of being greedy and selfish. 

Didn't know any of that; what a man. 

39 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

That’s all very admirable and I respect him for that, but I’m looking at him strictly from a Nufc perspective and tbh he spent 14 years at the club. Made millions and was distinctly average for most of that time. Keegan knew and tried getting rid. 
He was also shite when at Stoke on loan. 

Defending that fat parasite was disgraceful. Same goes for Beardsley, who was at least talented for us but they can both do one tbh. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

The one thing I'll say for Shola is that in all my years watching NUFC I've never seen a player get fouled so much and get so little awarded. I've seen him literally stand still waiting for a ball to come down and a defender run into him deliberately, bounce off Shola and the defender gets the free kick.

I'm convinced he thought chasing a defender he could only go at the same pace as the defender instead of nipping in front of him. Not quite as blatant as Cole deliberately mistiming his jumps for headers (unless there was a goal in it for him) to avoid heading it (takes one to know one).

Anyway this thing about him putting his body on the line for us could be said of every single player that ever played. Marcelino and Owen got injured playing for us and both were on the skive.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I'm convinced he thought chasing a defender he could only go at the same pace as the defender instead of nipping in front of him. Not quite as blatant as Cole deliberately mistiming his jumps for headers (unless there was a goal in it for him) to avoid heading it (takes one to know one).

Anyway this thing about him putting his body on the line for us could be said of every single player that ever played. Marcelino and Owen got injured playing for us and both were on the skive.

Don't remember him chasing a defender like but he was a big strong lad and defenders took advantage by bouncing off him, hacking him when other lumps were drawing fouls for being looked at.

21 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Bloody hell that had left my memory banks!  Yeah, he used to do that every time - it was more subtle when it started, by the end he was jumping literally when the ball was kicked …

When Shola defended Ashley it really pissed me off but I’ve no hard feelings anymore towards his playing time here.

What’s the point? Yeah he wasn’t good enough for most of it but that was up to the club to sell him. Shola loved being here so as long as the club were happy to have him he was happy to stay, can’t blame him for that.

Shola showed a lot of promise and had his good days, but this promise was never fulfilled due to inconsistency, injuries and, no doubt, some poor coaching and too much comfort on his part. He should have been moved on at about age 27.

On a personal note, I've only ever heard good things about Shola.

10 hours ago, midds said:

It was the compulsory shit-eating grin every time he screwed a simple chance 5 yards wide, or lazily jogged 4 yards offside whilst looking to walk in behind the CBs for me. Easily the most frustrating striker every to have to watch - the whole "eeee, I've fucked that one up again, haven't I? hurhurhur". Every. Single. Time.

Then he took a job working for Ashley. Tacit endorsement of his running the place into the ground. I don't hate him....

Scrub that, I do actually. 

How could you forget the repeated unnecessary fouling of defenders when we were pressed high up the pitch trying to win the ball back?

Ball in the corner with a defender’s back to him - “don’t foul, don’t foul, don’t foul…”

*push*

Every. Fucking. Time.

Edited by Sima

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, christ said:

The “Shola defended Ashley” stuff is pathetic. As if he’s going to go on TV and slag off his boss ffs :lol: 

Nobody was expecting him to do that though you daft sausage. But he came on tv and praised him, which is unforgivable. Anyone willing to do that about that cunt can do one.

Edited by reefatoon

33 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Nobody was expecting him to do that though you daft sausage. But he came on tv and praised him, which is unforgivable. Anyone willing to do that about that cunt can do one.

Staveley and Riuben are massive Tories, should they do one ?

People being defensive about the potential of PIF dumps us for Man Utd. For me it's a win win situation. PIF stays, then good, bright future for the club, the city, and region. PIF leaves, it's okay at least we got rid of Cashley and the club would be free once again.

Edited by Johnny

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, madras said:

Staveley and Riuben are massive Tories, should they do one ?

I have zero interest in who people vote for. Couldn’t give a flying shite.