PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

https://twitter.com/james__kevan/status/1665757044295565314?s=46&t=qch8y64njTIa-YpWt4BfqA A thread on the whole thing and potential upside for Newcastle

It’s a fucking grotesque argument that mind.  Proper business-speak wank.  It’s obviously bad for sport for one owner - in this instance, the funding arm of a dictatorship - to own its four most popular clubs. 

We're the evil blood money club anyway , i don't mind seeing these 4 Saudi clubs signing big money players and loan to us for free, there's literally no rule against it, basically give a big middle finger to the so called current FFP that protecting those "elite" clubs [emoji38]

21 minutes ago, teohgk said:

We're the evil blood money club anyway , i don't mind seeing these 4 Saudi clubs signing big money players and loan to us for free, there's literally no rule against it, basically give a big middle finger to the so called current FFP that protecting those "elite" clubs [emoji38]

I mean we may get one season of it before the rest of the league votes that rule in

21 minutes ago, teohgk said:

I'm pretty sure there is like...

22 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I mean we may get one season of it before the rest of the league votes that rule in

21 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm pretty sure there is like...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22589216/newcastle-loan-transfer-messi-ronaldo-benzema-pif-new-clubs/

I'm not sure tbh, but Sun reckoned there's none, other clubs will make a fuss about it for sure and it won't be long before the league come up with more rules , but at least i'll get to enjoy their furious and whining through the process [emoji38]

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s a fucking grotesque argument that mind.  Proper business-speak wank.  It’s obviously bad for sport for one owner - in this instance, the funding arm of a dictatorship - to own its four most popular clubs. 

I agree with the principle, but let's face it, no one gives a toss about the Saudi league anyway.

20 minutes ago, teohgk said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22589216/newcastle-loan-transfer-messi-ronaldo-benzema-pif-new-clubs/

I'm not sure tbh, but Sun reckoned there's none, other clubs will make a fuss about it for sure and it won't be long before the league come up with more rules , but at least i'll get to enjoy their furious and whining through the process [emoji38]

Not that I doubt the exhaustive research that I'm sure the Sun undertook before penning that article but I'd be quite surprised if moving an asset at considerably below market value between two clubs owned by the same company wouldn't draw attention from FIFA/UEFA/whoever.

Just now, Joseph said:

Do people think the Saudis are paying Benzema $600m so he can play for Newcastle? 

The whole discussion is stupid man. It has fuck all to do with us. 

Hard to understand what they are doing tbh. 

It’s mainly for their World Cup bid. Big name players to the league will legitimize KSA as a footballing nation, brings more eyes to the league and indirectly promotes KSA as a tourist destination to outsiders that had never even thought about the country before.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

It’s mainly for their World Cup bid. Big name players to the league will legitimize KSA as a footballing nation, brings more eyes to the league and indirectly promotes KSA as a tourist destination to outsiders that had never even thought about the country before.

Still makes sense in the same way the Qatar would cup didn’t but here we are :lol:

What Mohammed bin Salman and his advisors don’t want is gangs of 26-year-old guys taking to the streets and plotting the overthrow of the royal family because they have to live their lives differently to the rest of the world. Essentially, what the government is now doing is saying: ‘Well, if you want Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, we’ll give them to you'

Key quote from the Athletic article. This (and the World Cup bid to an extent) is about domestic sportswashing, rather than international (eg LIV golf, NUFC).

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Key quote from the Athletic article. This (and the World Cup bid to an extent) is about domestic sportswashing, rather than international (eg LIV golf, NUFC).

Thanks for sharing this, that sounds so tenuous though :lol:

There is a rule and a few clubs have been (sanctioned) for doing similar 

Sure Watford had an issue with this sort of thing.

Either way , I don’t see benefits for Newcastle for this Saudi multi club link 

In general it hasn’t really helped Man City either !

I don't think it'll have any bearing on us. We're their European football sportswashing branch. PIF are massive, they'll have individuals who'll take care of each individual Saudi club, while we have Al-rumayyan and the other 20% of the ownership.