PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I know people don’t believe ITK posts so ignore this if you want but I have it on good authority from a very high level source that we have told Castore that 2023/24 will be the last season they will be our kit manufacturer.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I know people don’t believe ITK posts so ignore this if you want but I have it on good authority from a very high level source that we have told Castore that 2023/24 will be the last season they will be our kit manufacturer.

Ties in with rumours last week on twitter that adidas will be out sponsor after next season 

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Been discussed in news articles, and also we can’t tell them that this will be the last year. If there is a contract with no break clauses, then there will be little that we could do, unless we compensate them.

Read that, so everyone suffered in Covid in one way or another. So I’m guessing the deal that was offered was something like.. “oh you haven’t been able to pay rent for the best part of 2 years.. that’s fine.. when things pick up wound you mind committing to staying for 5 years?”

Honestly don’t see what the issue is there?

15 hours ago, simonsays said:

I know it's odd of me but there's something I seriously don't like about Jamie Reuben, even before this article. I love Amanda and Mehrdad but something about JR sets me off 

Hardly. They got a scrap metal business that hit the jackpot when the Soviet Union collapsed. One of them also bought the biggest carpet shop in the U.K. for next to nothing when it went into administration.

They also bought property cheaply in London and sold it on to rich Russians after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

One of them never even finished high school.

They massively lucked out, and would be worth nowhere near as much as they are now if the Soviet Union didn’t collapse.

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Hardly. They got a scrap metal business that hit the jackpot when the Soviet Union collapsed. One of them also bought the biggest carpet shop in the U.K. for next to nothing when it went into administration.

They also bought property cheaply in London and sold it on to rich Russians after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

One of them never even finished high school.

They massively lucked out, and would be worth nowhere near as much as they are now if the Soviet Union didn’t collapse.

Surely being that wealthy can't be entirely down to luck though.

People get lucky breaks all the time, not sure everyone knows when or how to capitalise.

Not sure what finishing high school has to do with it either, isn't history littered with successful people not being the most academic?

Either way, I've no horse in this race.

People also confuse successful business people with people who just happen to have connections.

The vast majority of wealthy people likely already know someone inside an industry etc, and that’s how they have got their wealth.

As soon as I knew the Reubens were involved in the takeover, I was well aware of them because of their construction and development work in the City Centre, I knew that they (along with PCP and PIF) would succeed with the takeover and then we  would become a successful club.

We are very lucky to have Jamie Reuben as part owner.

9 hours ago, Stifler said:

Been discussed in news articles, and also we can’t tell them that this will be the last year. If there is a contract with no break clauses, then there will be little that we could do, unless we compensate them.

That’s fine and as I said, people don’t have to believe me and I’m happy to keep titbits around this sort of thing to myself going forward. The source is impeccable.

Castore are done after this season and adidas will replace them. All agreed. 

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

That’s fine and as I said, people don’t have to believe me and I’m happy to keep titbits around this sort of thing to myself going forward. The source is impeccable.

image.thumb.png.774f85c805a184fb8f64d0c55186fb4f.png

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I’m not saying that I don’t believe you when it will be Castore’s last season, what I’m saying is that it’s not as simple as telling them they are done and that’s it. If it was then we would have done it last season with both Castore and Fun88.

25 minutes ago, Stifler said:

People also confuse successful business people with people who just happen to have connections.

The vast majority of wealthy people likely already know someone inside an industry etc, and that’s how they have got their wealth.

I’m sorry like, you’re spouting absolute gibberish. Typical jealous woe-is-me gibberish.

I only know 3 people I’d consider “wealthy” and all 3 grafted their bollocks off for years starting their own businesses, networking, building an infrastructure and 2 of them now employ over 100 people. 1 of them left school at 14.

I have no idea about the Reubens, but to suggest it’s all just luck is absolute bollocks.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’m sorry like, you’re spouting absolute gibberish. Typical jealous woe-is-me gibberish.

I only know 3 people I’d consider “wealthy” and all 3 grafted their bollocks off for years starting their own businesses, networking, building an infrastructure and 2 of them now employ over 100 people. 1 of them left school at 14.

I have no idea about the Reubens, but to suggest it’s all just luck is absolute bollocks.

I’m on about massively wealthy people.

Of course there are loads of hard working people who have made successfully businesses, I’m not saying there isn’t. However there is a vast difference between a successful business people employing over 100 people, and multibillionaires. 

Connections do help obviously but there’s graft involved in getting those connections; social climbing etc. and putting yourself out there to get in positions to rub shoulders with those kind of people isn’t easy. It’s also not a sure-thing with regards to getting success. 

12 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Exactly. A lottery winner is sheer luck, someone amassing billions is not luck FFS, I don't think people realise how much money a billion actually is.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

There’s probably a tipping point where the cost of paying up the contract is outweighed by the incoming kit deal. We’re 50% through Mike Ashley’s stupid deal, so the balance might have tipped or they might have a form of break clause.

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Exactly. A lottery winner is sheer luck, someone amassing billions is not luck FFS, I don't think people realise how much money a billion actually is.

Hundreds of billions, IIRC.