PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, Nucasol said:

Nose deep in the hospitality trough. But aye, he wrote a couple of moderately critical articles so that expunges all his guilt.

The bloke is just after clicks - we don’t have to read his tweets - doesn’t bother me in the slightest 

I'm not really sure why folk don't just ignore Holt.

It's fairly obvious he's a bad faith actor, who was more than happy to bat for Saudi when Anthony Joshua was fighting over there.

This is the problem with our online fan base though. All criticism of our majority owners, whether legitimate or not (such as Holt's bile) is taken personally and seen as an attack on the club. As the club becomes more relevant and successful, it's only getting worse too. So rather than carrying on like sensitive, thin-skinned bairns, it's best to engage with the sensible stuff and ignore the obvious bait, rather than give the author the desired reaction. 

One interesting titbit from the Times today was apparently Stavely represented PIF and played "a pivotal role" in their negotiations with the PGA to broker this deal.

Whatever your views on it (and I for one couldn't care less about golf), if true she's definitely well in with PIF and a really effective dealmaker.

8 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Whatever your views on it (and I for one couldn't care less about golf), if true she's definitely well in with PIF and a really effective dealmaker.

Yeah I thought the same thing.  Hopefully she got a nice cut.  I’ve still not idea how she’ll be able to keep her current share of the club if the club does do the large investments they’ve been talking about (training ground, St James)

27 minutes ago, Abacus said:

One interesting titbit from the Times today was apparently Stavely represented PIF and played "a pivotal role" in their negotiations with the PGA to broker this deal.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/pga-tour-liv-golf-merger-30172341

39 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Yeah I thought the same thing.  Hopefully she got a nice cut.  I’ve still not idea how she’ll be able to keep her current share of the club if the club does do the large investments they’ve been talking about (training ground, St James)

Same here, although I don’t see her going anywhere soon. PIF clearly like having her and Mehrdad as the face of the club. 

4 hours ago, Abacus said:

Yep, she’s one of those people who ooze competence in their work.  She has a way of speaking which is both friendly and forceful - not a combination which you come across regularly.  

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not really sure why folk don't just ignore Holt.

It's fairly obvious he's a bad faith actor, who was more than happy to bat for Saudi when Anthony Joshua was fighting over there.

This is the problem with our online fan base though. All criticism of our majority owners, whether legitimate or not (such as Holt's bile) is taken personally and seen as an attack on the club. As the club becomes more relevant and successful, it's only getting worse too. So rather than carrying on like sensitive, thin-skinned bairns, it's best to engage with the sensible stuff and ignore the obvious bait, rather than give the author the desired reaction. 

The best solution is to ignore both Holt and the thin-skinned fans who get baited into reacting. Let's face it, when you have a large fan base, some are going to bite. Let them get on with it either way, as you say it's inevitable given the nature of the takeover.

Howe has got it down to a tee, just refuses to get drawn in, and quite right too. He's got nothing to do with what's happened to football in the 21st century.

22 hours ago, LV said:

It’s also def worth a listen just for the faux English-American accents they are all rocking 

I'm halfway through and these two hosts have the worst accents I've ever heard. What is this?

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm halfway through and these two hosts have the worst accents I've ever heard. What is this?

Horrendous isn’t it. :lol:

At one point the main host was talking about ‘LatAm’. As in Latin America :lol:

‘Ya, ya. What are the optics like in LatAm? Seryasly.’ 

52 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

LATAM is a pretty common abbreviation for Latin America tbf 

Not something I’ve heard in the U.K. too often outside of a trading floor 

Edited by LV