PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

So announced Fun88 is now over but staying on as Asian betting partner.

i imagine new sponsor announced and kit reveal soon 

IMG_6189.jpeg

Edited by gdm

14 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Miguel Delaney is an absolute weapon. A sneering cunt who loves getting stuck into fans at every opportunity.

He is also one of the few journalists who succinctly writes about the wider state of football and addresses topics like the Qatar World Cup and the involvement of state actors in football clubs.

His article broadly raises some good points, it also contains a few inaccuracies. Very few have chosen to address him on that though and are just triggered at the mere mention of NUFC.

Delaney has been pretty consistent on the topic for a while though. As we become more relevant and successful, the ownership will rightly or wrongly come under more and more scrutiny. It's best to accept it, rather than jump on anything perceived at a dig at NUFC. After all coming out to bat for state ownership proves his point to a degree.

Best not to address it at all tbh, Howe is absolutely taking the right path. Let the authorities deal with it, once they do we can talk about individual clubs.

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

The question is for Delaney how are the have nots ever supposed to compete in the footballing pyramid? Aside from huge capital injection there is no way to become competitive. 

Thats the whole idea.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Imagine the new deal with Sela gets announced Monday. 

I wonder how much we get for that ? The new fun88 deal that is.

Edited by madras

52 minutes ago, gdm said:

So announced Fun88 is now over but staying on as Asian betting partner.

i imagine new sponsor announced and kit reveal soon 

IMG_6189.jpeg

Where's this from? Are you sure it's not another Big Frank / Percy parody type?

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Looks like its since been deleted, it was up on their official Facebook a short while back.

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Nufc Facebook page. Weirdly not there now. 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Looks like its since been deleted, it was up on their official Facebook a short while back.

Yeah, was suspicious from the start. Just little things like no full stop after the second paragraph and 'Official Asian Betting Partner' didn't look right either.

Edit - ah, just re-read that it actually was on the official site. Probably been hacked, or an intern up to no good :lol:

Edited by Paullow

1 hour ago, Gaztoon said:

Question for anyone that knows the ins and outs of FFP..

How would it stand up in court if a club decided to challenge it as restriction of trade ?

Sports leagues have almost free reign to impose their own rule sets over participants. Affirmed in UK and European law multiple times. 

its a dead-end any way, we don’t want to turn into ultra-bitter litigious freaks like Citeh have. They do not find following football a fun pastime any more. 

We should all be very cautious over these Delaney and Panja articles / tweets. There’s clearly something going on behind the scenes as they were briefed on this by likely Liverpool and Spurs. 

The entire associated party thing will come into question (banning it entirely) and I’d bet money the reason it’s taken so long for us to announce new deals is not only due to where we finish in the league, but the red tape put up after the takeover on commercial deals. 

Idk what will happen but I’m braced for opposition. I’m actually becoming quite open to the idea of Man United being acquired by Middle Eastern money. It would be another voice in opposition of Liverpool and Spurs. I suspect Chelsea is probably more an opposition to the those two going forward. 

The Delaney article is one of the most appallingly-written things I’ve ever read. Comically bad prose in every paragraph.

And the argument - to the extent that it can be called that - is incomprehensible. Both he and Panja have clearly been fed a line by the same disgruntled source - probably some random director at Spurs or wherever - on “viewing these deals through the prism of equity”, but that is absolutely fucking meaningless. “Equity” and “equity investment” are real terms that have actual defined meaning - and a related party sponsorship is not it. There is no rule set or precedent preventing any kind of equity transaction. The Saudis could inject a trillion dollars of cash into us via equity and there’s nothing anyone could do about it (actually spending it would be the issue). It would make no sense for anyone interested in preventing financial doping to view these sorts of things “through the prism of equity”. 

Someone has fed Delaney and Panja a complete dud of a line and they’ve ran with it because they literally don’t understand what they’re talking about. There will be no ban on related party transactions - it’s completely unworkable. The “equity” argument will be dropped very soon I think once the penny drops.

^^ I hope there won't be any bans on related party sponsorships; I certainly don't see it happen for a million reasons but I never in a million years thought they'd come up with a "fair maket value" test on all deals until they just popped that out and a group of people determine what is market and what you're "allowed" to have. 

We just need to keep our watchful eye on this shit

51 minutes ago, Kanji said:

^^ I hope there won't be any bans on related party sponsorships; I certainly don't see it happen for a million reasons but I never in a million years thought they'd come up with a "fair maket value" test on all deals until they just popped that out and a group of people determine what is market and what you're "allowed" to have. 

PIF have shares in hundreds of companies, so surely that’s unfair as it narrows down a wide range of very good options for sponsorship 

Wrexham have related party sponsorships ? As have Leicester , man city , Arsenal ?

11 hours ago, Kanji said:

No need for any watching at all.  The takeover has sent Delaney and Panja peculiar tbh - my advice would be to completely ignore them; a couple of plastic 'big club' supporters whining because their own clubs are under additional threat from another club.  Delaney said fuck all about the talk of a KSA takeover of Man Utd (and seemed to welcome it), and has been laughably forced to be a bit vocal re the potential Qatari takeover.  Panja is an Arsenal fan who hasn't so much as raised a peep about his club playing in a stadium sponsored by a UAE airline nor his team running out wearing 'Visit Rwanda' on their sleeves - a country where Paul Kagame wins almost 100% of the vote on almost 100% of the turnout due to bent elections, having now been in office for nearly quarter of a century (and effectively running the country for 30 years).  They can get fucked, as far as I'm concerned - I don't buy their sudden love of human rights.  They come across as risible wankers, and a lot of their criticism (like that tiresome drunk cunt Barry Glendenning) comes across as being soaked in regional prejudice.

Once the takeover was approved, it was pretty much game over for them - as per Chelsea, you'd need a govt intervention at this point to force a sale of the club.  Restriction of trade is usually frowned upon - football is sailing close to the wind already and possibly would find any challenge to its rules and regs being successful.  If any club were to challenge them, it could turn football on its head - ask Jean-Marc Bosman.