PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Free trade can't be stopped, Chelsea have been dodgy as fuck since the Ken Bates days. However we live in a society that makes rules for the rich and screws the poor.

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I think he would, like. Neville has been pushing for more football regulation for years.

I don't mind Neville. He isn't perfect but it's good to have such a visible and high-profile figure lobbying over these sorts of things. If a pile of Chelsea players go to those Saudi-owned clubs then we should be suspicious. 

Neville was hugely in favour of, as well as allegedly involved in project big picture.

The fact that the ESL came about only a few months later and he spoke up about that has went on and changed his reputation from being someone who was happy to give all the power in football to the top clubs, as well and virtually all of the future money, to being an icon standing up for football.

Not sure if it’s been discussed yet but I reckon the owners leaking that we wanted Emery very early in their time here has been one of the best things to happen. They learned a valuable lesson early.

Every thing just seems so tight. The Isak and Tonali - our 2 ‘big’ signings so far just caught everyone off guard. Especially local journalists who now have next to no finger on the pulse. Love it. 

3 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Not sure if it’s been discussed yet but I reckon the owners leaking that we wanted Emery very early in their time here has been one of the best things to happen. They learned a valuable lesson early.

Every thing just seems so tight. The Isak and Tonali - our 2 ‘big’ signings so far just caught everyone off guard. Especially local journalists who now have next to no finger on the pulse. Love it. 

Not only do they not know specific players, but not a whiff that we planned on raiding Italy.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Not only do they not know specific players, but not a whiff that we planned on raiding Italy.

Yeah Baldwards click bait pre holibobs bollox only reinforces his irreverence as an ITK. Most definitely not a scooby fucking do! 

Neville really is a reactionary tool like. The 'integrity' of the Premier League ffs. :lol: What integrity would that be? I'm all for slagging off MBS to the hilt, but there's literally nothing the teams in the Saudi league are doing that hasn't been done countless times before here there and everywhere.

It's unbelievable how clueless and naive that bloke is.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Neville really is a reactionary tool like. The 'integrity' of the Premier League ffs. :lol: What integrity would that be? I'm all for slagging off MBS to the hilt, but there's literally nothing the teams in the Saudi league are doing that hasn't been done countless times before here there and everywhere.

He wasn't that arsed about the integrity of the National League when they started plowing money into Salford, paying ridiculous fees and wages for the level & having League 1/Scottish Premiership players playing at a much lower standard. He couldn't even do that very well either it took them a couple of seasons and a few managers.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I read it as, oh shit another top 4/5 contender is benefiting ring the alarm bell. 

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Is there another example of a state providing financial assistance to a Premier League team by acquiring several of their players? Obviously there's no proof of that, but that's what the accusation is. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Is there another example of a state providing financial assistance to a Premier League team by acquiring several of their players? Obviously there's no proof of that, but that's what the accusation is. 

Closest thing would be Real Madrid, and the rezone of the training ground to allow them to flog it for €400m.

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

They are buying players like any other club do. They aren’t paying extortionate sums for said players either. (Wages aside). 

43 minutes ago, KDT said:

He wasn't that arsed about the integrity of the National League when they started plowing money into Salford, paying ridiculous fees and wages for the level & having League 1/Scottish Premiership players playing at a much lower standard. He couldn't even do that very well either it took them a couple of seasons and a few managers.

Not to forget that him and his mates changed Salford's club colours to match their beloved Man Utd. 

32 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Presumably we can agree that it's the 'state providing financial support' part that's important here rather than the method?

Man City (legally and now potentially in breach of FFP)

PSG (legally and in breach of FFP)

Real Madrid (legally and illegally)

Chelsea and Leicester (indirectly and in breach of FFP)

all illegally: Barcelona, Valentin, Athletic Bilbao, Osasuna, Elche, Hurcules

I should say as well, my point here isn't that it's all fine, it's that it's all fucked up and that Neville is just being inconsistent.

Edited by Kid Icarus

On 20/06/2023 at 22:24, Optimistic Nut said:

Chelsea just happen to have the perfect profile of players on the fringes of the squad who are on high wages, big reputation, who PIF would be happy to have in their ranks as they grow the league. 

That's very handy for Chelsea tbf, because those high wages would have made most of their players impossible to shift in established football leagues.

On 30/11/2022 at 18:38, GeordieT said:

Trying to keep this vague, but company I’m associated with has been approached by an intermediary (not the club) to discuss front of shirt sponsorship. Media reports that’s it been agreed would appear to be wide of the mark.

Same company also been approached for sponsorship of the training kit. Club are looking to have something in place in advance of the new season. £6-8m p.a.

9 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Same company also been approached for sponsorship of the training kit. Club are looking to have something in place in advance of the new season. £6-8m p.a.

Would certainly explain why SELA is absent from the current training kit. I'm fairly sure Fun88 was on last years gear?

27 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

UK brand or overseas? 

11 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Can't Newcastle just break FFP rules anyway and pay a fine? That's what PSG and City did.

I think we need to tread very carefully for a while, considering the ESL teams tried to prevent the take over.  Lets not give them any ammunition. 

Lets a build a team, squad and improve our infrastructure first, then challenge the bastards. 

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Man United using Antwerp as a feeder club was fine I trust.