PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It’s just a really weird obsession. I mean of course Sela wouldn’t be our sponsors without us having new owners. But it’s not like we have pumped hundreds of millions through fake sponsorships like Man City did

yet*

Not to sound cocky or anything but I’m absolutely loving this. Give us more of these deals if it helps further us a club. Nobody gave the shiniest of shites when Ashley was basically robbing us blind to plaster his tat everywhere but now the sword cuts the other way it’s a massive issue. Well frankly, fuck em. 

Our owners will be throwing all their money and know how at how to manipulate the FFP rules put in place to keep us down - and I’m absolutely all for it. We have a trillion dollar company in our corner now and if the premier league think that poor Derek and Doris in the legal department of the premier league have a chance then good luck to em. 

Edited by BennyBlanco
Added a word too many

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's obviously just a standard fans account that's renamed itself following the Sela announcement 

https://twitter.com/SelaUKPA/status/1646887140624613376?t=Z-7PUIPEt1jKB-s6seZhNg&s=19

Sela has been around for more than 2 decades. It sponsored La Liga in 2017 and many cup in my country. It reeks of racism when people says that Sela is fake company just because it sponsors its own club.

Edited by aa5773

15 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

Sela has been around for more than 2 decades. It sponsored La Liga in 2017 and many cup in my country. It reeks of racism when people says that Sela is fake company just because it sponsors its own club.

It's not racism. It's the RTG coping mechanism.

44 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No, the owners won’t need to sell, and good luck trying to get permission to build a training centre there.

What if they just want the golf club, and not build a training centre?

When PIF come-a-knocking their resilience to a sale may be tested[emoji38]

23 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Won't be long till we see F1 cars racing across the Tyne bridge.

Everyone will think that it is a narrow layout with the chicanes on it, but really they are there for the potholes.

A thought just popped into my head - are loan deals subject to FFP? And would that be a route to get around it? I mean, if say an expensive, top player was bought by a rich Saudi club, then loaned out to a Premier League club, would that be an issue (other than the obviously dubious nature of it all of course)?