PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

“There’s a strategy in place,” the senior figure says. “It’s not random. We will go for big players but the price has to make sense and it’s all about what our needs are. At no point do we have the intention of making a statement signing. The intention is to get the right player, the right character, the right position, the right fit. Sandro is a marquee addition, yes, but what’s important is these guys believe in our story and what we’re offering them — the opportunity for greatness.”

A case in point: Declan Rice. While Howe and Newcastle are full of admiration for the England midfielder, who is joining Arsenal from West Ham United, they are not yet at the stage where they can pay £100million-plus and a weekly wage of more than £200,000 for a single player, who wants “all the bells and whistles”. Their approach from day one has been to develop and grow, develop and grow.

The hope is that Tonali can be “as good as Rice, maybe better, but “we’d rather do it this way. We want to be No 1, but in the right way; smart, sustainable, different to everyone else. We’re not spending Manchester United, Manchester City or Arsenal money. It’s smart for us and it’s good for him as well. These boys are coming to us to be part of history.”

Was thrilled to read this in The Athletic's write-up of the Tonali transfer. Particularly the bit in bold.

“The hope is that Tonali can be “as good as Rice, maybe better, but “we’d rather do it this way. We want to be No 1, but in the right way; smart, sustainable, different to everyone else. We’re not spending Manchester United, Manchester City or Arsenal money. It’s smart for us and it’s good for him as well. These boys are coming to us to be part of history.”

:tobey:

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

“The hope is that Tonali can be “as good as Rice, maybe better, but “we’d rather do it this way. We want to be No 1, but in the right way; smart, sustainable, different to everyone else. We’re not spending Manchester United, Manchester City or Arsenal money. It’s smart for us and it’s good for him as well. These boys are coming to us to be part of history.”

:tobey:

I honestly don’t know how I’ll feel when we do eventually win something.

11 minutes ago, TBG said:

I'm not sure, but I look forward to next page or so of mental gymnastics 

:lol:

I don’t know what it is but we should probably worry about it just to be safe 

This happened a week or so ago, the day before that newspaper article saying Amanda Staveley was being sued for £35m.

Wondered at the time if the two things were linked at all, but... who knaars?! :dontknow:

Edited by TK-421

5 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Aye a mentioned it on page 685 but neeone was bothered so assumed it was me just panicking over nothing :lol:

She’s a minority shareholder only, in terms of ownership pcp and the Reuben’s don’t matter much. 

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Are there any more commercial partnerships / sponsorship that we’re anticipating in the near future?

I wonder what’s going to happen with Saudia and STC next season. Still on the electronic boards for a sky high premium?

As mentioned training top, then you have the possibility of the ground, training ground, stands, fan zone and then basically everything from tractors  etc. The scope we have is massive and every deal under a million does not require verification if I remember correctly 

Do we have loads of official stores in Saudi Arabia selling official merchandise for exorbitant prices?

You'd hope so but I've no idea if that's common it even allowed or what :lol:

7 hours ago, Shak said:

Do we have loads of official stores in Saudi Arabia selling official merchandise for exorbitant prices?

You'd hope so but I've no idea if that's common it even allowed or what :lol:

Man Utd, Liverpool, Rangers, and Celtic all have club stores in Belfast, not sure if they do in Dublin or not.

Edited by Stifler

10 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I would have thought that approval would have been sort before any sponsorship announcement, just in case!

It likely was. We probably got the nod from the Premier League before we announced it.