PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

52 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

A Saudi individual has been linked with OM for years.

I wonder if it is a group or individual and not PIF?

Even Valencia would be a good project for someone, bring them back to their highs, finish that new stadium etc.

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

A Saudi individual has been linked with OM for years.

I wonder if it is a group or individual and not PIF?

Even Valencia would be a good project for someone, bring them back to their highs, finish that new stadium etc.

Yes it doesn’t have to be PIF, there are plenty of wealthy groups and individuals in Saudi.

On 10/10/2023 at 18:09, Erikse said:

Will be interesting to see if the Liverpool, Sunderland and Man United human rights activists will even care if this one goes through.

I care. I don’t want countries to own football clubs. Even if their human rights’  record is spotless. Of course, I care more when it’s in my country/league.

36 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I care. I don’t want countries to own football clubs. Even if their human rights’  record is spotless. Of course, I care more when it’s in my country/league.

Yeah fair. I just have the feeling that many of those Liverpool or United fans who were really vocal us are going to have quite the change of tone if the Qataris had bought them.

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yeah fair. I just have the feeling that many of those Liverpool or United fans who were really vocal us are going to have quite the change of tone if the Qataris had bought them.

Oh yeah absolutely. I just think that the conversation sometimes gets hung up on which country gets to buy teams rather than on whether countries get to buy teams. And that’s not a clear case of right and wrong, just what I kinda feel.

Edited by leffe186

3 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Oh yeah absolutely. I just think that the conversation sometimes gets hung up on which country gets to buy teams rather than on whether countries get to buy teams. And that’s not a clear case of right and wrong, just what I kinda feel.

Yes for sure, I would assume that those who really do care will care regardless. At the same time there are definetly some fans who pretends to care because they are bitter about having another team being able spend nearly the amount that their team can spend, and having yet another team compete with them long term. That's where the "amazing what oil money can do" comments stem from, made by fans of teams who has spent far more than us since takeover.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse