PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, NSG said:

Surprised we haven’t absolutely gone to town on the club owned channel and digital content side of things. Seems such an easy money maker across the globe.

One day we will have a YouTube channel to rival Man City

35 minutes ago, NSG said:

Surprised we haven’t absolutely gone to town on the club owned channel and digital content side of things. Seems such an easy money maker across the globe.

We should have had an NUFC channel in the early 2000’s under SBR when Liverpool, Man Utd, and even Celtic had one.

In the digital age there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t have one now.

40 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It does feel like with the current owners apparent inaction is ‘part of the plan / process’, with absolutely no evidence to support that it is

It's more they've been here for just gone two years and inherited a shell of a club, running on a skeleton staff.

5 minutes ago, bigfella said:

We should have one now. 

And it should be sponsored to the hilt.

True but the club are in the midst of hiring all those positions, think they recently hiring for “Head of Social” which i assume would be responsible for this shit

The club was bought in October 2021, but we had a little problem called relegation. First order of business a new manager and then an insane January transfer market where they were all learning on the fly.

Then they go on a hunt for a DoF and CEO and we get Ashworth and Eales in by summer 2022 along with a Chief Legal Officer. First up for Eales and co. is finding a Chief Commercial Officer, so we get that squared away around October 2022. The first order of business for most of these people is hiring. Ashworth puts together an overhaul of our scouting and youth coaching operation.

In July of 2023 we announced a Chief Financial Officer

In August of 2023 we hired a Partnerships Director.

In September 2023 we hired a Director of Brand, Marketing and Digital.

In October of 2023 we added a Retail & Licensing Director.

It's really just in the last 6 months that we've got all the pieces in place on the business side and my guess is all of them are spending time hiring people, while also trying to get things rolling. We're just getting started.

Edited by timeEd32

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

The club was bought in October 2021, but we had a little problem called relegation. First order of business a new manager and then an insane January transfer market where they were all learning on the fly.

Then they go on a hunt for a DoF and CEO and we get Ashworth and Eales in by summer 2022 along with a Chief Legal Officer. First up for Eales and co. is finding a Chief Commercial Officer, so we get that squared away around October 2022. The first order of business for most of these people is hiring. Ashworth puts together an overhaul of our scouting and youth coaching operation.

In July of 2023 we announced a Chief Financial Officer

In August of 2023 we hired a Partnerships Director.

In September 2023 we hired a Director of Brand, Marketing and Digital.

In October of 2023 we added a Retail & Licensing Director.

It's really just in the last 6 months that we've got all the pieces in place on the business side and my guess is all of them are spending time hiring people, while also trying to get things rolling. We're just getting started.

I have noticed a steady roll out of business-side jobs other the last 6 weeks or so. Would appear they’re trying to get everything moving ahead of the Adidas launch in the summer? 

Must be kinda nice having an almost blank slate to work from. I do wonder where they house all these staff mind, surely there isn’t enough office space at SJP?

43 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I have noticed a steady roll out of business-side jobs other the last 6 weeks or so. Would appear they’re trying to get everything moving ahead of the Adidas launch in the summer? 

Must be kinda nice having an almost blank slate to work from. I do wonder where they house all these staff mind, surely there isn’t enough office space at SJP?

Funny you should say that because Adidas actually used to have an office inside SJP when they had the deal with us and after our last extension.

In saying that, we keep on having MGM’s at Alnwick, so that leaves to question why when we have our own function rooms at SJP?

23 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Saudi Arabia’s population of 37m people being forced to pay £5 a month for exclusive NUFC content = £185m a month :kasper:

Um, why isn’t this a thing?

I would guess because if they were forced to, that would amount to state intervention and funding of the club, when of course there are "legally binding assurances" that we are separate from the state.

There aren't really any obvious workarounds to the rules we're complying with, unless the whole basis of those rules are challenged. Which would be... problematic.

Not least as I can't really think what they'd be replaced with that both everyone would sign up to and would also stop the league just being dominated by other clubs than they are now, in a different sort of closed shop.

FWIW, I think employing the best back office teams around, with owners willing to invest in that way in order to be able to challenge properly longer term is probably still our best strategy. As frustrating as it is right now.

Am I right to assume we don’t have a sponsor for our training gear? Watched the Spurs match last night and even the bibs the subs were wearing had a sponsor (Some Turkish delivery company that also sponsors the gear at the training ground)

41 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Am I right to assume we don’t have a sponsor for our training gear? Watched the Spurs match last night and even the bibs the subs were wearing had a sponsor (Some Turkish delivery company that also sponsors the gear at the training ground)

We do not at present. 

57 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I’d bet we will have next season.

image.thumb.png.cfab89aa4cec00527647e53b40cc915c.png

Is this the hope, destroy your kit in the name of FFP

I think in the MX league, kits have separate sponsorship on the tops shorts and even socks!

Edited by mighty__mag

13 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I’d bet we will have next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we announced one this season along with an all bells and whistles training ground. Sneaky way to push a few extra million in this year 

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

An interesting but short article on how the Saudi’s are investing in the region, but a footnote of cautionary tale about Manchester, which I don’t think is particularly valid.

https://archive.is/5UC23

Where is the “disused office being converted into high-end apartments”?

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we announced one this season along with an all bells and whistles training ground. Sneaky way to push a few extra million in this year 

Surprised we haven’t seen a Vision2030 or Aramco sponsor come in

20 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

image.thumb.png.cfab89aa4cec00527647e53b40cc915c.png

Is this the hope, destroy your kit in the name of FFP

I think in the MX league, kits have separate sponsorship on the tops shorts and even socks!

That’s my hometown team. 😅 Absolutely hideous, but unfortunately a lot of Swedish teams look like that. 

8 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Surprised we haven’t seen a Vision2030 or Aramco sponsor come in

I said a few months ago two big screens(gallowgate and leaves sides of Milburn carpark) for x Saudi company and advertising st James park powered by.... Would be easy money. Don't even technically have to change the name 

Edited by Fezzle

3 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

That’s my hometown team. 😅 Absolutely hideous, but unfortunately a lot of Swedish teams look like that. 

Actually admire the token McDonald's sign, like ah shit everyone else has sponsored you hoy me in for a fiver

7 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

It could be a beutiful shirt [emoji38]

I'm actually fortunate enough own our 2010 third, blue and black, it's one of our great third kits.

Edited by mighty__mag