PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's not about being rich though, it's about being on a level playing field. For that you need to be rich these days. Otherwise you end up fighting to avoid relegation like us currently. 

Our owner for the past 14 years was rich, our current situation is not directly related to finances. Ashley used the club for his own purposes, PIF intend to do the same, but they're prepared to gloss over it with a trophy or two.

Edited by Happinesstan

15 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Spending 2 odd years trying to buy us to sell us in half a year [emoji38]

That's a different situation, the O&D test issue would have prevented them from buying any PL club (although we all know it wouldn't had they being buying one of the right ones from the start).

That's not an issue now.

Probably one of the main things that attracted them to us was our current advantageous FFP position. If we are relegated that is whiped out and it adds at least 2 years to the project, realistically more like 3-5.

It's very naive to think that they wouldn't consider looking elsewhere.

Edited by Jackie Broon

I can't see the PIF walking away from Newcastle any time soon. Say ManU was available, they sell NUFC for 350/450 and then buy MU for what? Several Billion? Makes zero financial sense if you're investing. MU value will go up, but slightly, whereas NUFC, 300 invested, put more into infrastructure, players, etc... within a decade the club will be worth 6 to 7 times what they initially paid. Investments are usually a slow and steady build. The return on building NUFC into a mega club is worth much more as a long term investment in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

That's a different situation, the O&D test issue would have prevented them from buying any PL club (although we all know it wouldn't had they being buying one of the right ones from the start).

That's not an issue now.

Probably one of the main things that attracted them to us was our current advantageous FFP position. If we are relegated that is whiped out and it adds at least 2 years to the project, realistically more like 3-5.

You nor anyone else has any clue what their position is when it comes to relegation, absolute zero.

13 minutes ago, manorpark said:

We will NEVER be one of the 'cunts' - Triffic !!!!

Other than 'in your head' I suppose, because you must want us to be cunts.

"Cunts" are people who are a certain type, and behave in a certain way. I do not ever see Staveley/Reubens/PIF ever wanting to be be "Cunts" . . . it isn't automatic you know.

Our club will not, can not, be "cunts", but we will PUNCTURE the egos of a lot of "cunts".

:)

Do you honestly believe in 5-10 years time, when we're bringing in the most investment and global interest, we won't be sitting at the top table telling the PL which way to bend?

They bought the club knowing how the table looked. They also spent time sitting on their hands figuring out a few things, didn't get rid of Bruce right away, still no DoF... I don't think they care about the short term, it's the long term that they've invested in.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Ashley used the club for his own purposes, PIF intend to do the same, but they're prepared to gloss over it with a trophy or two.

The way you phrase things reveals how you must think. The use of the phrase "gloss over" is simply not relevant to, or descriptive of, the actual facts of the situation you are meant to be describing.

Where do you get these thoughts (and phrases) from?

I shouldn't react to it !!!!!  

Just now, Elliottman said:

You nor anyone else has any clue what their position is when it comes to relegation, absolute zero.

Exactly, I am just speculating about what potentially could happen based on the known realities of the situation, I'm not saying they will walk away, just that it is a possibility. It's other people who are dismissing the possibility out of hand when they can't know that.

Maybe NUFC is a sports washing interest, but it makes more sense that the PIF is actually diversifying in as many areas as possible. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to get the accolades a trophy or 15 nets them, but in the end, I really feel this is more about an investment and it's return.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

The way you phrase things reveals how you must think. The use of the phrase "gloss over" is simply not relevant to, or descriptive of, the actual facts of the situation you are meant to be describing.

Where do you get these thoughts (and phrases) from?

I shouldn't react to it !!!!!  

Christ you talk some crap.

Yes. It's all about perspective. Who'd've thunk.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Do you honestly believe in 5-10 years time, when we're bringing in the most investment and global interest, we won't be sitting at the top table telling the PL which way to bend?

We will, of course, be having a huge say in what happens in our game, in our league.

Not all powerful forces in the world are (what you describe as) "cunts".

It is not automatic.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Exactly, I am just speculating about what potentially could happen based on the known realities of the situation, I'm not saying they will walk away, just that it is a possibility. It's other people who are dismissing the possibility out of hand when they can't know that.

But given their culture and business acumen as well as the history of purchasing the club in the first place, it suggests that they would stay, if relegated. 

Just now, Manxst said:

But given their culture and business acumen as well as the history of purchasing the club in the first place, it suggests that they would stay, if relegated. 

I've seen stuff to suggest that PIF have a history of being ruthless and quickly cutting losses.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

We will, of course, be having a huge say in what happens in our game, in our league.

Not all powerful forces in the world are (what you describe as) "cunts".

It is not automatic.

You appear to be ignoring their already globally acknowledged reputation.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Exactly, I am just speculating about what potentially could happen based on the known realities of the situation.

I'm not saying they will walk away, just that it is a possibility. It's other people who are dismissing the possibility out of hand when they can't know that.

As we experienced during the long takeover process, it is possible to remove "possibility" from the equation based on a knowledge and understanding of the calibre of those involved.

It is exactly the same here, indeed it is actually about those 'exact same' people !!!

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I've seen stuff to suggest that PIF have a history of being ruthless and quickly cutting losses.

Maybe. Who knows? I just can’t see it personally, after such an incredibly short time. 

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

You appear to be ignoring their already globally acknowledged reputation.

Sorry, I make my own judgements in life.

Other peoples opinions (whether 'global' or not) are indeed of interest to me, but they rarely play a major part in how I make my own judgements.

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Maybe. Who knows? I just can’t see it personally, after such an incredibly short time. 

The length of lime they've been owners would probably have very little to do with their decision making, it's the amount of time it would add to the project of getting up to the top echelons of the PL and European football that would probably be the main factor.

16 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I mean, if they were that ruthless I'm not sure they would've persisted through last 18 months of shenanigans for what must be an absolute blip in their vast ocean of wealth and you'd imagine very little to show in return (even if you're mega successful it seems)

As ever with NUFC hope for the best, prepare for the absolute fucking worst.

Edited by NE27

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

The length of lime they've been owners would probably have very little to do with their decision making, it's the amount of time it would add to the project of getting up to the top echelons of the PL and European football that would probably be the main factor.

So why not have simply bought Chelsea or Man Utd and have it ready made? They would have known it will take years for us to achieve those levels at the present time. 

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I mean, if they were that ruthless I'm not sure they would've persisted through last 18 months of shenanigans for what must be an absolute blip in their vast ocean of wealth and you'd imagine very little to show in return.

As ever with NUFC hope for the best, prepare for the absolute fucking worst.

Because they wanted a PL club, Staveley has said they looked at Inter as an alternative but the Italian league is a mess.

Edited by Jackie Broon

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

So why not have simply bought Chelsea or Man Utd and have it ready made? They would have known it will take years for us to achieve those levels at the present time. 

Because we made more sense at the time, they did try to buy Man U before us but couldn't persuade the Glazers to sell at that time, that might not always be the case. Add 2-5 years to the project of getting us to the top and we might not make sense over the option of a ready made top club.

Edited by Jackie Broon

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Because we made more sense at the time, they did try to buy Man U before us but couldn't persuade the Glazers to sell at that time, that might not always be the case. Add 2-5 years to the project of getting us to the top and we might not make sense over the option of a ready made top club.

Thing is, if they'd bought Man u, the opposition to them would have been silenced to a degree. Just like Tories doing arms deals. Without that opposition you lose the platform to promote your vision.

37 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

That's not an issue now.

It was widely reported that they would still be willing buyers even if we'd gone down last season, so I think there's far far more to this purchase than an advantageous FFP position, hence why selling up just seems incredibly unlikely.