PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

An odd statement to put out when there wasn’t all that much anger to begin with. Frustration at the cup final result yes, but that goes away after a few days.

The remark about a possible new Sponsor being discussed while in Monaco was a strange comment to throw out there. They go to the F1 frequently, she shouldn’t have to apologise for it.

The comment about management is telling, I think she may be officially a co-owner but effectively with their stake diminishing, they are at the behest of the Directors PIF have in place.

She’s a bit of a liability with her comments at times.. that Steve Bruce one was very misplaced even though it was probably true.

I thought the whole point of having Eales and other capable people in was so that she didn’t have to do things like this.

I really think the fact that it’s a Euro championship and Copa America year that this will have more of an impact on the rest and recuperation going into the new season

But do we really have a huge amount of players competing anyways….

If this Aussie trip ends up helping us get the income needed to stop the sale of a major asset then I’m all for it.

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Hopefully the Monaco "Sponsor" is Ratcliffe's next door neighbour who thinks he's a cunt. 

£20m to have Ratcunt on the shirt

“Manky Jim does reacharounds for a £10”

2 hours ago, midds said:

I thought everyone realised as soon as it was announced what it actually was? End of season trip to bank as much money as possible with the actual games themselves being utterly meaningless? 

People are genuinely upset about this? :lol:

Yeah I’m not the slightest bit bothered. The club raise money, the Australian fanbase get to see the team and the players get a paid trip to Australia. Yeah the travelling isn’t ideal but we all know why it’s done. 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah I’m not the slightest bit bothered. The club raise money, the Australian fanbase get to see the team and the players get a paid trip to Australia. Yeah the travelling isn’t ideal but we all know why it’s done. 

I totally understand anyone actually there, paying wedge, for the second game being miffed but what did they expect? 

Facking hoons 😎

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I totally understand anyone actually there, paying wedge, for the second game being miffed but what did they expect? 

Facking hoons 😎

Why the second game was played is a bit of a mystery. I can't imagine it brought in much money at all.

Posted (edited)

“maybe a training ground sponsor who is owned by a company, by a company of a company that is owned by the company that’s owns nufc!”

Edited by PauloGeordio

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

An odd statement to put out when there wasn’t all that much anger to begin with. Frustration at the cup final result yes, but that goes away after a few days.

The remark about a possible new Sponsor being discussed while in Monaco was a strange comment to throw out there. They go to the F1 frequently, she shouldn’t have to apologise for it.

The comment about management is telling, I think she may be officially a co-owner but effectively with their stake diminishing, they are at the behest of the Directors PIF have in place.

She’s a bit of a liability with her comments at times.. that Steve Bruce one was very misplaced even though it was probably true.

I thought the whole point of having Eales and other capable people in was so that she didn’t have to do things like this.

When she says management, she means the people who run the club, i.e Silverstone and Eales, not some mystical PIF overlord.

Think sometimes putting out statements like that just fuels the expectations of the biggest whoppers in our fan base and makes them feel more important that they are, it'll just make them more likely to whine their tits off in the future. 

But bring on the dodgy Monaco millions :cheesy:

22 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Why the second game was played is a bit of a mystery. I can't imagine it brought in much money at all.

I can understand them having an All Star's game. It's a thing they do anyway, iirc. 

If anything it should have been a contractual obligation to play a decent team unless they just assumed we would. 

That in itself wouldn't have been unfair. 

If they'd put it in writing they may of had to cough up more. 

I'd assume our payment was from the whole enterprise.