PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Yawn.

For my sins I listened to all of that and like everything else you might hear from those two characters; they're more interested in mud-slinging and dick-swinging and either trying to stay as relevant as possible or driving viewers/listeners into a frenzy for the purposes of generating content. It's an absolute insult that this is what we're left with as opposed to just being able to look forward to a new season. You might say fair play for trying to call out Simon Jordan but why the fuck should anyone care enough about what that muppet says to actually bother publicly challenging him, unless you've something to gain yourself? "Come on my show, Simon" was the only bit anyone needed to listen to there. That's all that was. 

I'm the mug for listening, like, no doubt about that. 

URGH. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-saudi-arabia-takeover-ashley-24469458

The manipulation of Newcastle United fans, their dreams, emotions and desire for a better football club, continues.

How can consortium leader Amanda Staveley claim on Friday afternoon that the deal was “on” and would be done.... only for the arbitration case at the Premier League to be delayed for months just three days later because BOTH sides had yet to disclose info?

Transparency was the consortiums new battle ground to turn the fan fire on the Premier League.

That's laughable considering Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund, chaired Saudi head of state Prince Mohamed bin Salman, would end up an 80pc stakeholder in the Tyneside club.

Perhaps the Saudi Public Investment Fund, who would be the legal owners of Newcastle United, would like to be fully transparent about how two planes they owned were used to fly a hit squad to Turkey to kill and chop up a journalist.

MPs who correctly make transparency demands of the Premier League should also be asking for transparency on these matters too.

Fair enough, moan about the minutiae of an arbitration process, but there were huge problems that should have been sorted out to smooth a deal.

But it's easier to turn fan fire on the Government who have no say over the Premier League ownership rule book.

Then there's Mike Ashley... the new champion of transparency and openly available information!

The club accounts are overdue. His club bans awkward journalists, offers little or no communication with fans, failed to explain a land deal next to St James' Park, failed to give quick refunds on season ticket cash during the COVID shutdown.

He changed the stadium name without consultation, was hammered by a tribunal which ruled in favour of Kevin Keegan, and blanked Alan Shearer after he was boss for eight games.

But conveniently he's found a cause which can be used to incite fans to be angry about, rather than his ownership.

It's time for Ashley to find a new buyer who can actually close a deal, or fund Steve Bruce with transfer cash this summer.

This limbo is unfair, and it must end.

Edited by nbthree3

Jesus Christ the bullshit peddlers really are out in force today. They were all blindsided by yesterday’s news which pretty much tells us what we all already suspected - none of em knew fuck all about any of it. All I’ve seen today is a thousand twats on Twitter twisting in the wind. It’d be very funny if it wasn’t so gut wrenchingly infuriating.

He can't have heard anything about yesterday's announcement beforehand because it's absolutely clear that no one did, it was an unexpected decision made by the arbitration panel on the first day of the hearing.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Having 24hrs to reflect on it actually think it’s good news. CAT case goes before the riskier Arbitration case which is what the club wanted. Thought how placid the club statement was feels more telling than anything anyone else has said since.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

It can't be plan otherwise the club wouldn't have used "regrettably" in their statement surely

Yeah, I really don't think this is part of any plan, it's clearly a victory for the PL.

However, there was a rumour a month or so ago that the PL had offered to settle and Ashley had refused as he was so confident of winning and through he had them over a barrel.

Probably bullshit like the rest but if that were true, which I can absolutely imagine Ashley doing, then there would be a possibility that this setback would change Ashley's mind.

11 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

It can't be a plan, otherwise the club wouldn't have used "regrettably" in their statement surely

They would want to make their comment seem (at least) a little bit real !!

They could hardly say "thankfully" could they . . . 

Edited by manorpark

Whenever there's talk of 'oh, this has been the plan all along', people tend to forget that we're not the only ones to have a bunch of lawyers with brains. The PL probably have the best they can find too to protect their image and secret deals. It's by no means that we have the best plans and all just because we feel we have the best legal team.

20 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

He can't have heard anything about yesterday's announcement beforehand because it's absolutely clear that no one did, it was an unexpected decision made by the arbitration panel on the first day of the hearing.

Correct, as evidenced by the most recent CAT ruling, in which the one-week extension was predicated on the PL simultaneously preparing for the arbitration. 

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Whenever there's talk of 'oh, this has been the plan all along', people tend to forget that we're not the only ones to have a bunch of lawyers with brains. The PL probably have the best they can find too to protect their image and secret deals. It's by no means that we have the best plans and all just because we feel we have the best legal team.

Yeah, this is their barrister in our cases. He seems to have a pretty impressive CV:

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/barristers/adam-lewis-qc/

24 minutes ago, GWN said:

Thought wraith got rinsed

Then again I hate the baldy cunt

I'm no Wraith fan, but he obviously was not 'rinsed', as you put it.

He more than held his own against that professional moron on TalkSport.

He won the battle quite easily really, could anyone else on here do as well?

2 hours ago, gdm said:

I really want to believe that they chose that emoji because it looks like an angry Steve Wraith. 

Also, "Newcastle fans were abusing me and you were liking their tweets". That's a hell of a statement from a guy who claims to have broad shoulders. 

The whole "they wanted the CAT first" thing doesn't hold water, either, given it's subject to a jurisdictional challenge, the hearing of which may not happen for months, and which might result in the CAT case being stayed (or dismissed). Even if the jurisdictional challenge is denied outright, there's still a good chance the arbitration goes forward before a substantive hearing on the CAT case.