Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 11/09/21 @ 15:00

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, GWN said:

So if Miggy is out and Almiron and Frazer what’s our line up gonna look like? 

shit I know , but what’s the team expected? 

Miggy and Almiron?

Guest reefatoon

Saint-Maximin won't fancy this one with our other forward players missing. Fully expecting him to have some form of injury before the weekend too. Would also be a giggle to go into this with no attack.

Can't wait for Bruce to play that odious self harming 5-3-1-1 with half the team out of position. If he wants to keep the score down below 5 go 10-0-0 5-4-1, stops the wing backs getting outnumbered all the time, gives an out ball and puts ASM in his actual position and Almirón (if he can play) in a position where he's been useful in the past. But he won't. The fucking spacka. Howay the 4+ goal defeat.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Can't wait for Bruce to play that odious self harming 5-3-1-1 with half the team out of position. If he wants to keep the score down below 5 go 10-0-0 5-4-1, stops the wing backs getting outnumbered all the time, gives an out ball and puts ASM in his actual position and Almirón (if he can play) in a position where he's been useful in the past. But he won't. The fucking spacka. Howay the 4+ goal defeat.

He can't.

I think that trying to peer inside the mind of Steve "bin juice" Bruce by guessing his formations is like staring deep into the void.

He is so existentially stupid that it can only lead to despair and, ultimately, death.

On 07/09/2021 at 11:45, gjohnson said:

Easy to say refs are unbiased when your own team has benefited more from dubious and 50/50 decisions for 30 odd years.

We alone could probably have a top 20 of subject decisions against us when playing Man Utd....let alone the rest of the teams in the league.

Rob Lee through on goal...hacked down. Clear red for Solskjaer, but nooooo

Eh? He was sent off.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

What a guy, the total opposite to Bruce.

Frustrating that that is so often my takeaway from such things atm.

Brilliant listening to Bobby. You can see why players ran through brick walls for him. I loved those years under him; being one of the best three clubs in the country and one of the best 16 teams in Europe felt totally natural, totally normal. We were big and significant and it felt like we were going somewhere together. I'd still only been to SJP once in my life at that point and I so yearned to be a part of it all - part of the club - that I used to tell my school mates that I was from Newcastle but moved down when I was little; which was a complete lie. :lol: But summed up what it meant to be a fan of NUFC.

Quite simply another entity altogether to what the club is now. 

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Brilliant listening to Bobby. You can see why players ran through brick walls for him. I loved those years under him; being one of the best three clubs in the country and one of the best 16 teams in Europe felt totally natural, totally normal. We were big and significant and it felt like we were going somewhere together. I'd still only been to SJP once in my life at that point and I so yearned to be a part of it all - part of the club - that I used to tell my school mates that I was from Newcastle but moved down when I was little; which was a complete lie. :lol: But summed up what it meant to be a fan of NUFC.

Was the time i was able to truly watch matches over here in the US and the real love affair kicked off. Those years with Sir Bobby leading the club are truly the first I think of when I think of NUFC. We were one of the top clubs in England, a top 20 in Europe. World Class manager, #9, a brilliantly talented team with some real stars in Robert, Bellamy, Speed, Solano, Dyer...ugh. 

We always seemed to duke it out (win or loss) against Man Utd under Sir Bobby too. 

Now look at us. 

Edited by Kanji

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The remit under Ashley is that it'll always be shit, never will there be a desire to be better. But having the right or simply just a likeable manager in place makes you forget all that; look back between May 2016 and May 2018 on here, some of the now most apathetic posters were proper active in match threads and were posting about the football. That's what a manager like Benitez brought here. Bruce just makes it all the more detestable. 

I've more or less accepted the Ashley status quo because I never will believe that the current embodiment of the fanbase (or 95% of modern English football fans tbh) will ever have to stomach for mass protest, boycotts or pressure on the owner. I'm at the stage now where I just focus on the 90 minutes on the Saturday and nothing else outside of that. Even still, this coming Saturday and West Ham away in 2019-20 are games I willingly choose/chose not to watch due to the grimness of it all. But that 90 minutes is all I can get from the club at the minute.

The club changing ownership to me is just something that will happen eventually down the line, probably in the next couple years but given the state of NUFC twitter and the takeover thread on here I pay next to no attention to it. It'll happen when it happens. But Bruce fucking off will give me almost as much pleasure as when Rafa stayed in 2016, so long as he's replaced with someone likeable and competent. It's why I talk about Howe a lot in my posts, I think he's a very good fit and he'd probably take it. And I may be able to get some enjoyment from watching us under him, where that enjoyment comes from, I dunno. In spite of the larger picture of it all being pointless. 

Couldn't agree more @HaydnNUFC

Finding myself only really focused on the match itself and not getting too bothered or caught up in anything else before or after. 

A good and likable manager would easily make me care a little more (like the Rafa era). 

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Couldn't agree more @HaydnNUFC

Finding myself only really focused on the match itself and not getting too bothered or caught up in anything else before or after. 

A good and likable manager would easily make me care a little more (like the Rafa era). 

I’m gonna enjoy the return of one of the best players of all time who my son idolises and one of the reasons he got into playing footy, make his return to the PL. I seriously, and this doesn’t even hurt me, hope he fucking tears us apart. 

Just now, HTT II said:

I’m gonna enjoy the return of one of the best players of all time who my son idolises and one of the reasons he got into playing footy, make his return to the PL. I seriously, and this doesn’t even hurt me, hope he fucking tears us apart. 

I can personally never get to that point tbh. About any team or player we play. I don't think it's particularly healthy :lol: and most non NUFC lads I'm mates with wouldn't understand it. I see why some get to that point though, but I'm just at the stage where I get a modicum of excitement when we score or look good but am not overly arsed when it's bad. If this season was under Benitez I'd be panicking like a geet arsehole, worrying where the hell our next win is coming from or whatever. Under Bruce I'm like, yeah, given the statement the club put out there's a minute chance that if we stay winless until the next international break then he might go. But he probably won't. 

Like a few posts above, Howe would change it for me, would he to come in. Whether Bruce ever gets the bullet though, who knows.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I can personally never get to that point tbh. About any team or player we play. I don't think it's particularly healthy :lol: and most non NUFC lads I'm mates with wouldn't understand it. I see why some get to that point though, but I'm just at the stage where I get a modicum of excitement when we score or look good but am not overly arsed when it's bad. If this season was under Benitez I'd be panicking like a geet arsehole, worrying where the hell our next win is coming from or whatever. Under Bruce I'm like, yeah, given the statement the club put out there's a minute chance that if we stay winless until the next international break then he might go. But he probably won't. 

Like a few posts above, Howe would change it for me, would he to come in. Whether Bruce ever gets the bullet though, who knows.

For me now, I regard this football club as not NUFC basically so it’s now easy for me to just hate the fucking whole thing, although I do like the players even the shit ones because it’s not their fault. I just want the whole lot to crash and burn though and for Ashley to lose millions and millions, for the fans that enable it all to suffer and for Bruce to get a relegation on his CV of his so called boyhood club, not that it will prevent him getting another cushy job. This isn’t even a football club man, never mind Newcastle United Football Club. Rafa kept me onside because I love the man and he fought with those fans who also fought for change (Sack Pardew/Ashley Out/NUST and other individuals doing their own form of protest) so that kept me onside as we had someone at least fighting in our corner if you like for our club. Now fuck the lot of it. I hope we get destroyed every every game. Go on Ronnie lad, fill your boots son!

15 minutes ago, HTT II said:

For me now, I regard this football club as not NUFC basically so it’s now easy for me to just hate the fucking whole thing, although I do like the players even the shit ones because it’s not their fault. I just want the whole lot to crash and burn though and for Ashley to lose millions and millions, for the fans that enable it all to suffer and for Bruce to get a relegation on his CV of his so called boyhood club, not that it will prevent him getting another cushy job. This isn’t even a football club man, never mind Newcastle United Football Club. Rafa kept me onside because I love the man and he fought with those fans who also fought for change (Sack Pardew/Ashley Out/NUST and other individuals doing their own form of protest) so that kept me onside as we had someone at least fighting in our corner if you like for our club. Now fuck the lot of it. I hope we get destroyed every every game. Go on Ronnie lad, fill your boots son!

That's fair but I think I'll agree to disagree with you on this. :lol: The way the club is run and the manager both deserve relegation for sure but for me, and this where we differ, this still is Newcastle United to me. It's still my club, its shit, to quote Keegan literally anyone else could run it better, but it still is and because I personally don't believe the fanbase can ever get together effectively in relation to protesting/boycotting I'm just trying to make the most of the shite husk that it is.