I supported Newcastle when....

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Since our first season in the premier league and I got Andy Cole in a sticker pack:

277.jpg

I honestly thought he was the best thing since sliced bread and cried my eyes out when he left for Man U.

Same here, my childhood hero right there and that kit… :love:

Edited by HTT II

22 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

When Asprilla rocked up in that coat in the snow. 

CwRwgxxWYAAfc8T?format=jpg

What a ride.

I came in at a time that we were buying Billy Whitehurst and Pat Heard, and then all of a sudden [not really] we're buying Asprillas and Ginolas. Then we're getting Colbacks and Hendrickses on frees.

7 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Since our first season in the premier league and I got Andy Cole in a sticker pack:

277.jpg

I honestly thought he was the best thing since sliced bread and cried my eyes out when he left for Man U.

I got my Cole sticker the day he moved to Man United.

The universe is a complete cunt sometimes.

18 minutes ago, christ said:

I got my Cole sticker the day he moved to Man United.

The universe is a complete cunt sometimes.

Was absolutely gutted when we sold him. It came out of no where. I thought we were finished....

Then remember being at a campsite in France next summer with my mum and dad and hearing the news we had signed Shearer. Funny how things work out. 

1 hour ago, Jinky Jim said:

When Charlie Mitten was manager and we were got relegated, though we did score 86 goals in that season.

The family is still big in Manchester (FC United). A relative of his smashed my car up for ... reasons. They are serious football people though.

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

When Rob Lee scored from Leazes Park and it was disallowed because Brentford were offside.

I've actually got that full game on video cassette somewhere, it's one of those which was distributed to pubs when they used to show the blue star match on a Sunday after the games. My Dad won it in a raffle at work (he worked for S&N). 

I supported NUFC when we had went down, got beaten heavily by a League One/Two standard team in pre-season and were subjected to everyone betting on us doing Leeds and the world saying we would never come back.

1 minute ago, deejeck said:

I've actually got that full game on video cassette somewhere, it's one of those which was distributed to pubs when they used to show the blue star match on a Sunday after the games. My Dad won it in a raffle at work (he worked for S&N). 

Reminds me of the time I won a G-shock in a Bacardi promotion, in the bar where I was Asst Manager. The Manager won a pair of Ray-bans.