I supported Newcastle when....

That 5-0 win over United and Albert's chip was the reason i started supporting this club, i think i was only 9 at the time and being from so far away (Bahrain) and not having any physical connections to the club i don't think i really understand what i was getting myself into :lol: everyone else was support Man Utd, Real Madrid etc.. and i chose Newcastle

Fast forward 23 years late i still live in Bahrain but got the chance to be there for all the home games that season we finished 5th while studying my masters, saw both Ben Arfa wonder goals from the stadium, bought a house in Newcastle, married a geordie lass and can honestly call it my second home, even before the takeover it was the best decision i've ever made

Guest HTT II
Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

That 5-0 win over United and Albert's chip was the reason i started supporting this club, i think i was only 9 at the time and being from so far away (Bahrain) and not having any physical connections to the club i don't think i really understand what i was getting myself into :lol: everyone else was support Man Utd, Real Madrid etc.. and i chose Newcastle

Fast forward 23 years late i still live in Bahrain but got the chance to be there for all the home games that season we finished 5th while studying my masters, saw both Ben Arfa wonder goals from the stadium, bought a house in Newcastle, married a geordie lass and can honestly call it my second home, even before the takeover it was the best decision i've ever made

That’s the beauty of football/NUFC, your life has literally been shaped by the club you’ve chose to support, lovely story mate :love:

23 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I was working putting giant shutters up at the end of the day at a seaside cafe, listening on the radio with earphones. Got back home just in time for.

"Albeaaar.......OOOOOOOOOH"

Will never forget this soundtrack from the Sky wrap up package highlights of the game to end coverage.

Edited by toontownman

59 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Load of bairns on here. I supported Newcastle when I had dickies and worms, the school had outside bogs and dog shit was white. Saltwell Park monkey tree was a fucking bush.

Irving Nattrass was my 1st hero cos I liked his name

‘...and dog shit was white...’.  Too true, too true.  Alan Suddick was the one for me

When the peanut and barley sweet sellers would throw paper bags into the crowd at HT to buy and I’d then throw peanuts at the coppers walk around the cinder track. 

I attended my first games in the early/ mid seventies and those early memories with the Leazes as it was still stay with me, what a terrace that was. Within a few years it was knocked down and we turned to absolute shite for a long long time and I still went whenever I could.

My older brother got to go the 1st leg of the Fairs Cup Final and I never knew this for over 45 years. I had the program but never knew why. I want to stand with my brother and together watch us win something.

8 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

:lol: Of course ... he's consummate douche.

6YLIrW7.jpg

Green Bay was actually at Palace, but I'm sticking with it.

qoCjAC1.png

:pards:

:lol: Seeing him in a Yankees hat makes me understand how the rest of you feel about that hat in general. Fuck we're cunts.

5 hours ago, ikri said:

Since George Burley scored an own goal in the first 20 seconds of the game and Beardsley + Waddle tore the crap out of the rest of the Ipswich team.

That was my first season going to the match. I was a massive Ipswich fan as a youngster, Paul Cooper being my idol [I had a 100% success rate at saving pennas for my school team] so in reality I should have been at that game, but I couldn't wait and spent my pennies on the West Ham game the week before.

Was there for the LC replay. Leazes end in the dark. Your first game is an experience and your first floodlit game is another. 

Edited by Happinesstan