Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Apparently we’re trying to get Neil Bath and Jim Fraser from Chelsea. Never heard of them but apparently they’re the top two bods in their academy.

Neil Bath yes please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 09:20, UncleBingo said:

Ashworth will be appointed as soon as the club are mathematically safe from relegation. Things will start moving at a pace then.

Hopefully some news on this in the next few weeks then.

On 12/04/2022 at 08:20, UncleBingo said:

Ashworth will be appointed as soon as the club are mathematically safe from relegation. Things will start moving at a pace then.

Not sure he would quit a perfectly good job, in which is he was doing very well, just to sit at home and wait to see if we are safe or not. 

He is on gardening leave and there is not a lot we can do about it.  Brighton clearly want him out of the picture until this transfer window is done, IMO, otherwise he would most likely be here by now - we could have easily paid to bring it forward.  

If was on 6 months notice (or possibly more), in which case it is announced in July at the earliest.

22 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Not sure he would quit a perfectly good job, in which is he was doing very well, just to sit at home and wait to see if we are safe or not. 

He is on gardening leave and there is not a lot we can do about it.  Brighton clearly want him out of the picture until this transfer window is done, IMO, otherwise he would most likely be here by now - we could have easily paid to bring it forward.  

If was on 6 months notice (or possibly more), in which case it is announced in July at the earliest.

There was something on The Athletic (or could have been elsewhere) that his notice period doesn't actually end until towards the end of the year, not the end of the season, so unless we pay the money (or come to an agreement with Brighton) he wouldn't be in place for the summer transfer window.

13 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

There was something on The Athletic (or could have been elsewhere) that his notice period doesn't actually end until towards the end of the year, not the end of the season, so unless we pay the money (or come to an agreement with Brighton) he wouldn't be in place for the summer transfer window.

November

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10693705/amp/Unpaid-sum-preventing-Ashworth-joining-Newcastle-resigning-Brighton-post.html

Doesn’t make sense not to pay an extra few millions we will have to do that on transfers anyway 

he might be able to spot a few bargains or have a few up his sleeve ?

no doubt we will bid for someone in the summer and have to up her price 

I would think we have the capabilities to go out and secure Ashworth (now) 

I know we don’t want to be held to ransom but it seems a little small time not to go out and secure him early 

Surely we can be a little more ambitious and get him now and save all of this back and forward ??

How many times do I have to repeat this.

it’s gardening leave. There is no way to buy him out if Brighton don’t want him to go ahead of time.

Ashworth knows all their transfer priorities. If they have uncovered a player in the French lower division who has a £1m release clause becoming active in the summer, and they believe he is the next Kante and can be sold in 3 seasons for £60m, then Ashworth being gagged is worth £59m at least to them.

Guest HTT II

I can honestly see the club doing right by the protocols etc. and not just paying off Brighton, I think they have an uneasy issue with things due to the whole take over tribunals, and that they trust Howe, Hickson and others to get deals done. That and he’s not being appointed for transfers, but the rest of the infrastructure.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, James said:

it’s gardening leave. There is no way to buy him out if Brighton don’t want him to go ahead of time.

Ashworth knows all their transfer priorities. If they have uncovered a player in the French lower division who has a £1m release clause becoming active in the summer, and they believe he is the next Kante and can be sold in 3 seasons for £60m, then Ashworth being gagged is worth £59m at least to them.

They could still stipulate he doesn’t go after after any of their targets mind. For us, I think we see him more of a club infrastructure builder than some transfer guru. We’ve signed some data transfer/scout guy from LFC and I’m informed we will recruit two of SAFC’s top academy development guys in the summer for player recruitment!

23 minutes ago, James said:

That's absolutely correct, although the clubs are (or were) discussing a fee that would allow him to join earlier in the region of £5m, according to Craig Hope

24 minutes ago, madras said:

Wonder if a CEO fee comes under FFP ?

I would say yes? 
“Only a club's outgoings in transfers, employee benefits (including wages), amortisation of transfers, finance costs and dividends will be counted over income from gate receipts, TV revenue, advertising, merchandising, disposal of tangible fixed assets, finance, sales of players and prize money. Any money spent on infrastructure, training facilities or youth development will not be included.”

doesn’t mention playing or non-playing wages, only those of the clubs employees. 

49 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I can honestly see the club doing right by the protocols etc. and not just paying off Brighton, I think they have an uneasy issue with things due to the whole take over tribunals, and that they trust Howe, Hickson and others to get deals done. That and he’s not being appointed for transfers, but the rest of the infrastructure.

Think your first point is a good one. Didn’t Stavely specifically mention how hard they had worked on patching up things with the other clubs who were so upset by the takeover?

8 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Think your first point is a good one. Didn’t Stavely specifically mention how hard they had worked on patching up things with the other clubs who were so upset by the takeover?

Not just in this country. The Sevilla boss said about how well we had gone about trying to sign Carlos. 

1 hour ago, James said:

Surely you can't know that unless you've seen his employment contract.

Also, managers and other staff have that sort of knowledge and move between clubs all of the time with little or no compensation or delay.

It makes more sense that he's said to Brighton that he's decided to join us subject to us being in the PL next season (either down to him and/or us) and so they immediately put him on gardening leave.

Edited by Jackie Broon

There’s no way on earth that Ashworth isn’t already working for us in some capacity.

Its not like his personal emails are gonna be monitored by Brighton. 

29 minutes ago, LV said:

There’s no way on earth that Ashworth isn’t already working for us in some capacity.

Its not like his personal emails are gonna be monitored by Brighton. 

Yeah there's nothing to stop him suggesting players who we should go for either, no way Brighton could prove he's done so, especially if he uses public phones Soprano style.