Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1514186/newcastle-united-news-marc-overmars-amanda-staveley-ajax-premier-league

overmars’ three month notice period allegedly makes his appointment unlikely as we wouldn’t then be in a position to sign players in Jan, unless we can think of a way around that problem (throw money at Ajax to rip the contract up, if we want him that badly?). Emanalo also mentioned as in the running. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1514186/newcastle-united-news-marc-overmars-amanda-staveley-ajax-premier-league

overmars’ three month notice period allegedly makes his appointment unlikely as we wouldn’t then be in a position to sign players in Jan, unless we can think of a way around that problem (throw money at Ajax to rip the contract up, if we want him that badly?). Emanalo also mentioned as in the running. 

Who is Emanalo?

Just now, Danh1 said:

Really hope we get Rangnick. Would be happy with any of them though, including Overmars.

The thought of a good DOF excites me more than a good manager. :lol:

Agreed as it sets the whole tone and you know a top class DOF will allow us to attract the best talent and strive to be the best.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Highly rated wasn’t he ?

Yeah- was the first DoF after Chelsea got taken over I think, and was instrumental in signing the majority of their first ‘superstars’. Don’t know what he’s done since he left there though.

Howay Unai, get on the blower to Monchi again eh?

"The club always had the idea of incorporating someone to be the hinge between board and team, and there were several candidates. One was Monchi, who has an important reputation.

"I have a very good relationship. We spoke a couple of times, and, in the end, I work well with all. Everyone I've worked with, it's gone well, as it did with him."

-Emery in 2019

Probably stupid and more a theoretical question, but would it be worth it to break FFP once and go full tilt, get a very good squad, then deal with whatever punishment they give. Doubt they'll give a huge points deduction that'll get a club relegated. And once there's a base in, it's much easier to win in the future. Kind of what Chelsea did but Chelsea didn't have to deal with FFP.

It’s pretty concerning, possibly even more than the lack of manager, that we don’t have a sporting director in place or even know if there’s somebody who’s generally knowledgeable about football who’s advising the business people on stuff like the managerial decision.

5 minutes ago, oldtype said:

It’s pretty concerning, possibly even more than the lack of manager, that we don’t have a sporting director in place or even know if there’s somebody who’s generally knowledgeable about football who’s advising the business people on stuff like the managerial decision.

Frank McPartland and Owen Brown are advising them on football decisions, along with probably a good few other super agents hungry for a piece of the action.

They’ll get there though, we should be all be behind them during this transition after 14 years of complete mismanagement.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Frank McPartland and Owen Brown are advising them on football decisions, along with probably a good few other super agents hungry for a piece of the action.

They’ll get there though, we should be all be behind them during this transition after 14 years of complete mismanagement.

Owen brown the former Barrow manager? 

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

was it not reported that Brown hadn’t heard from the consortium since the takeover?

Just now, CFlan said:

was it not reported that Brown hadn’t heard from the consortium since the takeover?

Think he was previously set for a role with club but after takeover got delayed he became an agent. 

Possibly Phil Foden’s agent I believe ? I’ve read that he is advising consortium with McPartland.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Think he was previously set for a role with club but after takeover got delayed he became an agent. 

Possibly Phil Foden’s agent I believe ? I’ve read that he is advising consortium with McPartland.

Sign Foden now!