Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Ashley has really done a number on Newcastle and the Saudis here, he's stripped the club bare of contents and staff then sold the shell, everything on a shoestring attitude is having a massive effect on moving forward quickly.

Personally I'm giving the new owners time and the benefit of doubt, if Howe is prepared to come in and deal with with mess then he has my full support.

Ashley is haunting us now and for a long time to come, the fucking prick, oh and the vindictive side of me hopes Villarreal get thumped this weekend.

I think getting a sporting director is just as important as getting the new manager, if anything a good sporting director can be the one who utilizes his contact and knowledge of the game to get us the right appointment, as well as the right players in January, it seems that there are no people in the current structure who are qualified to run the football side of things.

These coaches worked with Eddie Howe at Bournemouth:

Jason Tindall (Assistant Manager)

Simon Weatherstone (First Team Coach)

Steve Fletcher (First Team Coach)

Hugo Faria (First Team Coach)

Stephen Purches (Assistant Manager)

Neil Moss (GK Coach)

Anthony White (GK Coach)

Edited by SweMag
Edited list

52 minutes ago, SweMag said:

These coaches worked with Eddie Howe at Bournemouth:

Jason Tindall (Assistant Manager)

Simon Weatherstone (First Team Coach)

Steve Fletcher (First Team Coach)

Hugo Faria (First Team Coach)

Stephen Purches (Assistant Manager)

Neil Moss (GK Coach)

Anthony White (GK Coach)

The two Steves there stand a good chance of us employing them. 

Someone mentioned in the manager thread that Howe isn't bringing his Bournemouth DoF/SD with him, which may indicate we already have someone lined up - which has me creaming for the notion that Overmars is serving his notice period...

Just now, Raconteur said:

Someone mentioned in the manager thread that Howe isn't bringing his Bournemouth DoF/SD with him, which may indicate we already have someone lined up - which has me creaming for the notion that Overmars is serving his notice period...

Three months notice. Gonna be tight to get working and sign players for January which suggests it probably won’t be him? 

Now that the manager is seemingly sorted which takes care of the playing side, the new owners can now focus on the rest. Exciting times ahead!

39 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Three months notice. Gonna be tight to get working and sign players for January which suggests it probably won’t be him? 

If having the DoF in for January, sure. If they think Overmars is the right man, they might try and do the January window by themselves - or Overmars slips over a sneaky email while he’s gardening…?

There is massive work ahead.  How many scouts do we even have?  There was skeleton crew before covid hit and who ever came back from furlough?  Build a scouting network, build a youth development team, who will over see upgrading/building facilities?  Never mind putting teams together for marketing, commercial revenues, etc.  

Someday we're going to find out just how bad off MA left us.

Just now, Consortium of one said:

There is massive work ahead.  How many scouts do we even have?  There was skeleton crew before covid hit and who ever came back from furlough?  Build a scouting network, build a youth development team, who will over see upgrading/building facilities?  Never mind putting teams together for marketing, commercial revenues, etc.  

Someday we're going to find out just how bad off MA left us.

Someday?

We already he know he left with the less than the bare minimum to run in any sort of effective way

Very impressed at the way the manager search was handled tbh. They're new owners with probably little knowledge of how to operate in European Football. The names that were seriously associated from the start have been a certain mould of manager. I mean, let's look at the list of rumoured managers.

Fonseca

Emery 

Howe

Lampard

Rodgers

Benitez

All five attempt to play a pleasing on the eye sort of football with varying degrees of pressing and a propensity for keeping the ball, if possible. Benitez is a bit of an outlier there, but even his LFC teams played pleasing football, even if he obviously had to be a lot more circumspect with a Championship squad in the Premier League. This is a huge break from the club's usual type of mangers in a way too. They're all different, in that Lampard was naive to a fault with his style of play, while Howe, Rodgers, Benitez and even Emery tend to be more circumspect. It's still a specific way of playing. They then obviously went down their list from most likely to least likely, and finally got the sort of manager they wanted.

I find it very impressive because if you look at our neighbouring Spurs, they wanted someone fun to replace Jose and got in Nuno, while interviewing 20 candidates all trying to play different types of  football, before sacking him and getting Conte. Conte, who for all his credentials, is basically a more in touch Jose, say, a Jose of 2010-12ish period. Definitely not what the fans wanted when Jose was being sacked. Or look at us when we went with Arteta with zero experience which would probably be the equivalent of hiring Colback as manager because he played for you.

Or look at United with their muddled supposed manager targets if Ole goes, or indeed them hiring Van Gaal, then Jose then Ole, with zero regards to the style of play. It seems, even without a DOF, the Saudis want a fun style of football. That can only be a good thing

Edited by TopSnagger