Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

2 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Tarkowski, Icardi and Kamara are all coming off contract and should absolutely be top of the list for January.

See also Kessie, Dybala, Insigne, Dembele, Brozovic, Sule, Rudiger, Bellotti, Lacazette, Ginter, Lingaard, Isco, Tolisso, De Sciglio….

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

See also Kessie, Dybala, Insigne, Dembele, Brozovic, Sule, Rudiger, Bellotti, Lacazette, Ginter, Lingaard, Isco, Tolisso, De Sciglio….

There should be plenty of available talent, it’s just getting the team in to identify the best options.

I said from takeover day we need four starters in January, and I’d largely go along with 2 x DC, MC & SC too (although the three I picked are my dream choices, plus A.N.Otherer).

Four starters for £50m is ambitious, but those three for £50m might be achievable. Then one more £20-30m starter (or possibly loan).

15 minutes ago, Montey said:

Surely it would be £50m + any outgoings, so the gross spend could be closer to £60m+.

I also suspect that the new owners would be more flexible if an interesting opportunity emerged.

That 50 million might be a made-up number based off some media reports which were taking the cue off an outdated piece in another paper that placed an illogically low budget constraint for the new owners. It appeared in the takeover thread a week ago. I don't think anyone knows the breadth of the ambition of the new owners, nor the spending constraints they are working against. If it indeed is 50 million, it would most likely be because they just want stop-gap measures to avoid relegation whilst they strategise to build a brand-new squad come the summer.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marc-overmars-opens-talks-newcastle-25282984 - posted 9pm

Marc Overmars has opened talks with Newcastle about becoming the Toon’s director of football.

Mirror Sport understands that the Tyneside club’s new Saudi owners have made contact with the 48-year-old former Arsenal winger, who has developed a reputation for identifying, recruiting and developing world-class talent at Ajax over the last nine years.

Two intermediaries working on behalf of Newcastle have sounded out Overmars - and the Dutchman is interested in moving to St James’ Park after being told he will be given the resources to awaken the sleeping giant.

And, according to sources in Holland, Overmars wants to bring Ajax coach Erik ten Hag with him.

Also the shortlist

"They are understood to be Lille’s Portuguese sporting director Luis Campos, who is credited with developing the talents of Kylian Mbappe, Fabinho and Anthony Martial at Monaco, and Liverpool’s highly-respected Michael Edwards, who is set to leave Anfield at the end of the season."

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

Also the shortlist

"They are understood to be Lille’s Portuguese sporting director Luis Campos, who is credited with developing the talents of Kylian Mbappe, Fabinho and Anthony Martial at Monaco, and Liverpool’s highly-respected Michael Edwards, who is set to leave Anfield at the end of the season."

Is Edwards a sporting director ? Thought a was more a CEO ?

An entirely unrealistic corporate and back room structure… 

Chairman: Yasir/PIF appointment
CEO: Yasir/PIF appointment

DoF: Campos/Rangnick

Academy and Youth Director: Overmars

Special Football Advisor: Wenger

Manager: Fonseca

I dream too much and have too much time on my hands. 

Can't remember if I posted it on Thursday but had a look back and The Times (Martin Hardy) wrote about Overmars https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/newcastle-eye-ajaxs-marc-overmars-as-director-of-football-5tt37rdw9

It is thought the 48-year-old is open to the possibility of moving to Newcastle, who now have the richest owners in world football after their Saudi Arabia-financed takeover two weeks ago.

Overmars took over as director of football at Ajax in 2012. Since then the club have won four league titles, two Dutch Cups and reached the semi-final of the Champions League in 2019.

The squad Overmars was key to creating, however, was quickly dismantled, with Matthijs de Ligt joining Juventus for £63 million and Frenkie de Jong joining Barcelona for the same fee in the summer of 2019. Overmars is known to have a strong working relationship with those at boardroom level at Newcastle and is now a leading candidate for the position at a club that is 80 per cent owned by Saudi Arabia’s public investment fund (PIF). That financial clout is thought to appeal to Overmars, who has seen teams broken up as they approached their prime.

Newcastle’s board of directors, which consists of Amanda Staveley, Yasir Al-Rumayyan and Jamie Reuben, are still working through a detailed process before making major appointments at the club. They interviewed Paulo Fonseca on Wednesday for the manager’s job through a Zoom call but Graeme Jones, formerly the assistant manager, will manage the team on Saturday against Crystal Palace after the sacking of Steve Bruce on Wednesday. 

Edited by nbthree3

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19669394.newcastle-interested-marc-overmars-erik-ten-hag/

NEWCASTLE are hoping to complete their managerial search by the end of the week, and have sounded out the possibility of a double swoop for Dutch duo Erik Ten Hag and Marc Overmars.

Former Arsenal midfielder Overmars is one of the leading candidates for the sporting director role that Newcastle’s new owners are hoping to fill as part of their backroom overhaul at St James’ Park.

The 48-year-old is currently employed as Ajax’s director of football, and sources in the Netherlands claim he will make the appointment of ten Hag as head coach one of the prerequisites for a move to St James’ Park.

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19669394.newcastle-interested-marc-overmars-erik-ten-hag/

NEWCASTLE are hoping to complete their managerial search by the end of the week, and have sounded out the possibility of a double swoop for Dutch duo Erik Ten Hag and Marc Overmars.

Former Arsenal midfielder Overmars is one of the leading candidates for the sporting director role that Newcastle’s new owners are hoping to fill as part of their backroom overhaul at St James’ Park.

The 48-year-old is currently employed as Ajax’s director of football, and sources in the Netherlands claim he will make the appointment of ten Hag as head coach one of the prerequisites for a move to St James’ Park.

:pedro:

7 hours ago, McCormick said:

If Overmars comes in, I’d love for him to bring in Gravenberch for our midfield. Probably farfetched but he’s exactly the kind of player we should be looking at.

Nothing is, and nothing will be ever again "far fetched" for us .