Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

Can England get a better English candidate.. no

Can Newcastle get a better manager.. yes 

Ideally if it falls that way then it would be a win, win situation 

It's only a win win if we do replace him with better.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Southgone. Going to be grim reading until Carsley gets appointed. Please be Potter 

I'm hoping Potter has been holding off for it, he may even be holding off for the NUFC job 

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

Ideally if it falls that way then it would be a win, win situation 

This is a very pragmatic way of looking at it, and I agree. But rather he stayed.

Poch kicking about on a free would soften this massively, but would much rather he committed here. 

The new board might have a big deciding to make. They'll need to offer him a new contract this summer, ehich I'm guessing they'd have preferred to see how this new season panned out after a so so one last time. Always felt Staveley & Howe had a good bond, that alone might make him vulnerable especially if new faces without connections are making decisions. 

Well the positive is that this should be sorted before the season gets underway.  If Howe does want the job then the club needs to know  ASAP as it surely would affect transfers.

8 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Ideally if it falls that way then it could be a win, win situation for us

I couldn't give a fuck about England

I'd rather we kept Eddie Howe than having to gamble on someone else coming in unless it's Pep

So no its not a win win situation at all.

Edited by jack j

I think he will take it. It’s one in a million chance to lead the national team to win the World Cup, having arguably the best squad in the world

Edited by Zero

Howe has to be number 1 candidate surely ? Best English born manager of the last 20 years, he's 5 times the manager Potter is ... saying that If Howe has no intentions of managing england at the moment, I hope he comes out straight away and distances himself so we can get on with our pre season 

Just now, Zero said:

I think he will take it. It’s one in a million chance to lead then national team to win the World Cup, having arguably the best squad in the world

I agree, and I think the people pretending it’s not at least a very strong possibility are absolutely mad. 

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think he will take it. It’s one in a million chance to lead then national team to win the World Cup, having arguably the best squad in the world

There’s that English arrogance. It’s not the best squad in the world :lol:

im sure he said after the World Cup he didn’t want it at this stage of his career I guess it all depends if that’s changed in the last 18 months 

Edited by gdm

I doubt he will say no if offered it to be honest. How many chances does one get to take your country to world cup? I also think the FA will not want to pay club the compensation required so may not happen due to that.

I think it'll be Potter for that reason.

Edited by Tiresias

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I doubt he will say no if offered it to be honest. How many chances does one get to take your country to world cup? I also think the FA will not want to pay club the compensation required so may not happen due to that.

I think it'll be Potter for that reason.

I imagine he has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave on the cheap in case England come calling, considering he’s previously stated it’s a dream of his to one day manage the national team.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

There’s that English arrogance. It’s not the best squad in the world :lol:

England very obviously do have one of the best squads in the world, and this is a fact recognised by football fans across the world. That’s why, for example, England were betting favourites for the Euros in every betting market on Earth. Very thick and boring to pretend it’s a product of “English arrogance”.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

While I'm confident he'll stay, it'd be nice if we could shut this down early doors to stop the constant speculation.

I think if things hadn't changed with the heirarchy this would likely have prompted a contract extension/pay bump. Whilst I don't think he would take the England job I imagine PIF/Mitchell will be holding back on anything like that till they've seen what kind of start we make to the season. 

Just now, Unbelievable said:

I imagine he has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave on the cheap in case England come calling, considering he’s previously stated it’s a dream of his to one day manage the national team.

His clause is 5 million according to Hope, would have been 10 million or we were in the champions league.