Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Whey nothing actually means we'll get top 4, it's extremely difficult to get. 

Wonder why I got chased out of town for saying this back then.[emoji38] I couldn't believe so many just assumed that no Europe meant that top 4 was atleast very likely.

Edited by Erikse

I’m quite happy that the narrative building up around this is that Eddie was let down. He’s the best asset the club has at the moment.

This is not to say he’s blameless in whatever happened - I think they can all share some - but, maybe influenced by stuff on here, I thought the bullseye might be on him.

13 hours ago, 80 said:

Watched the conference. Thought Howe was reassuringly protective of the club and its processes and people. Different ways of interpreting that, but it doesn't look like he'll be knifing anyone or storming off any time soon. He seems to be dipping his hand in the blood, which is better than the alternative. Regardless of anything else about him, I see Eddie as someone who truly wants the best for the club, so his opinions count.

It's a smallish thing, but I also liked him overtly stating that he believes the club should sometimes hold it's money back with a view to the long term picture. There have been suggestions in the past that he's all in on short term, 'this season is the only season that matters' thinking. I think that's the first time it's been actively, convincingly dealt with.

Honestly I'm just looking forward to getting back to football at the moment. It's sad, but I'm actually looking forward to hitting next summer thinking we won't have to sell, and if we do we'll be able to extract maximum value and potentially set the club on the right path. 

It's quite funny watching some loyalists shit themselves. Somehow I'm shocked and somewhat disappointed that now is the time it's happened. I think this whole thing is less disturbing when you don't start out from the assumption that everything is always great. There's plenty to be concerned about, but there's still a range of possible explanations, and some of them are still honourable - given everything else, I think we should dig in with support; I think the alternative will do more harm.

Remember the good old days - 8 weeks ago - when people were convinced June was a well planned trick designed to mislead the media about our secret war chest? :lol:

Well said.

4 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I’m quite happy that the narrative building up around this is that Eddie was let down. He’s the best asset the club has at the moment.

This is not to say he’s blameless in whatever happened - I think they can all share some - but, maybe influenced by stuff on here, I thought the bullseye might be on him.

Definitely. The single best, provably true thing about this club right now is the team spirit, the connection between the players and fans. It's bruised at the moment, but Forest showed it's clearly still there. 

There's plenty of justifiable suspicion about everything else. But we have to hang onto that united identity on and around the pitch for grim death.

Imagine Howe went - what would replace him? At this time, it doesn't bear thinking about. The board and players must understand where our loyalty lies.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Definitely. The single best, provably true thing about this club right now is the team spirit, the connection between the players and fans. It's bruised at the moment, but Forest showed it's clearly still there. 

There's plenty of justifiable suspicion about everything else. But we have to hang onto that united identity on and around the pitch for grim death.

Imagine Howe went - what would replace him? At this time, it doesn't bear thinking about. The board and players must understand where our loyalty lies.

United :indi:

3 hours ago, 80 said:

You are on some streak of brilliant posts, dude.

3 hours ago, 80 said:

Nailed it

3 hours ago, 80 said:

When we dont have the resources to replace Almiron/Murphy then yeah, just forget about replacing Howe with someone better. He is far from flawless, but there should be no doubt that we are lucky to have him. 

We just have to reset our expectations, we arent going to buy our way to the top of the league. 

If we are ever going to get there we need to get that feelgood factor back where the players and the fans feed off eachother.

We still have a damn exciting team who can compete with anyone when they are at their best.

Her questionning smacks of "wanting to make it as difficult as possible for him"

Which, I guess as a reporter or journalist it is good practice to try and get juicy stories, but when that's your one tactic, you're really not gonna get far with someone intelligent like wor Eddie.

Edited by Heron