Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

As for the SBR connection, I don’t really buy it, he didn’t even go to the man’s funeral. Wishful thinking on fans’ behalf thinking with that and him being Mourinho = success, IMO anyway.

He brought up that connection, Newcastle or the media didnt. Yah maybe he's talking nonsense about the connection with Robson but when he said that, he wasnt exactly saying he wasnt interested. For me, it was definitely a case of, if he wasnt employed by Roma, he'd relish it & love the opportunity of sticking it to Manu, Spurs & Chelsea, Pep at city,  with a board behind him & a strong financial budget to shape the team how he wants. 

We could do alot worse than Mourinho. Lampard, Martinez, Rooney & co would be massive step downs from him, id rather give Jones the job until summer rather than give it to any of those few

1 minute ago, Jimwallace197 said:

He brought up that connection, Newcastle or the media didnt. Yah maybe he's talking nonsense about the connection with Robson but when he said that, he wasnt exactly saying he wasnt interested. For me, it was definitely a case of, if he wasnt employed by Roma, he'd relish it & love the opportunity of sticking it to Manu, Spurs & Chelsea, Pep at city,  with a board behind him & a strong financial budget to shape the team how he wants. 

We could do alot worse than Mourinho. Lampard, Martinez, Rooney & co would be massive step downs from him, id rather give Jones the job until summer rather than give it to any of those few

He’d keep us up, antagonise the media and certain players, have fans divided, spend a fuck load, and get sacked for taking us to 7th or something, no thanks. He’s finished at the top level.

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't see why Rodgers would leave Leicester at the moment.

At this moment in time we're a massive gamble. The structure of the club has yet to be settled on and potential managers have no idea how secure their position would be within that structure and they're unlikely to find out until key appointments have been made.

The infrastructure of the club has been left to rot for years, training facilities are inadequate and I'd imagine our scouting network, along with the academy are lightyears behind other clubs.

On top of that what happens if we get relegated? Do their terms change and will resources be cut? 

In short we're far too unstable to interest a big name manager until a plan is settled on and the club's stature begins to grow.

I think a lot of people are underestimating just how attractive this job is. Managers want to be able to buy the best players, we are going to be one of the few that will be able to allow them to buy the players they want instead of worrying about a budget. 

I think the likes of Rafa, Brendan and Mourinho would defo like to take this job under different circumstances, just the timing isn't right for now. 

18 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I hope Jones does well enough that we don't need to rush this appointment.

The most important thing this year is to stay in the division. If Jones can get results on a regular basis to achieve that (I personally very much doubt it), then that's fine.

22 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I hope Jones does well enough that we don't need to rush this appointment.

Jones said he is in charge for Chelsea next week as well so they must be looking to interview a few people for the manager job and hopefully a dof

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

The most important thing this year is to stay in the division. If Jones can get results on a regular basis to achieve that (I personally very much doubt it), then that's fine.

I wouldn't mind him seeing it until the end of the season if he does okay and keeps us up. Far more appealing for a lot of managers to take a project with a preseason and full summer transfer window - options available might be better than now as well.

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

I wouldn't mind him seeing it until the end of the season if he does okay and keeps us up. Far more appealing for a lot of managers to take a project with a preseason and full summer transfer window - options available might be better than now as well.

Nah I think two matches is enough tbh, the more time a proper manager gets with this squad the better, we want someone who can bring in players in January.

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

You're correct on your last part, the options would certainly increase and rbe better. I'm just not convinced at all that Jones would provide safety.

Just now, et tu brute said:

If that is the case, then it suggests the owners are not convinced by Fonseca.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the leaks from press abroad about how many interviews he's had has made them think twice. 

Just shows the consortium are taking their time, speaking to lots of candidates before settling as many journalists have said. And different names for different consortium members of course - hence Jones having two games at least in charge 

Andy, was bang on, the British media are just guessing. They told us Bruce would be gone 'within 48 hours', they missed his actual sacking and they were last to report on the Fonseca interest. I like Craig Hope, but that just sounds like total guesswork.

The consortium have obviously got any leaks locked down and the journalists with links to agents and other third parties are going to be ahead of the game.