Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Continuity and loyalty are both all good and well but there's got to be a line in the sand where you admit it's not working at the moment and make a change to either personnel or shape. Going too far the other way and "knee jerking" is bad but we're way beyond that stage now IMO.

Feels like he's had the inbox message in Football Manager saying "Howe unwilling to experiment despite poor form" that you get when you haven't won in a while but stick with the same side & formation and he's chosen to ignore it.

The "too nice" stuff is obviously bullshit but "too loyal" or "too stubborn" are fair assessments at the moment. 

All that said I've faith he'll turn it around and get us firing again, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

13 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Continuity and loyalty are both all good and well but there's got to be a line in the sand where you admit it's not working at the moment and make a change to either personnel or shape. Going too far the other way and "knee jerking" is bad but we're way beyond that stage now IMO.

Feels like he's had the inbox message in Football Manager saying "Howe unwilling to experiment despite poor form" that you get when you haven't won in a while but stick with the same side & formation and he's chosen to ignore it.

The "too nice" stuff is obviously bullshit but "too loyal" or "too stubborn" are fair assessments at the moment. 

All that said I've faith he'll turn it around and get us firing again, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I would agree with this post more if we were being totally out played.  We look ok out there. 

It's Man City away, the hardest fixture of the season tbf.

6 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I would agree with this post more if we were being totally out played.  We look ok out there. 

It's Man City away, the hardest fixture of the season tbf.

But we've looked "ok" in most league games since after Boxing Day and only won one of them. 

I wasn't suggesting wholesale changes but Targett for Burn would give us more of an attacking option on the left and also some variety to Trippier's set pieces. Isak for Wilson might see some of these chances we keep creating and he keeps missing converted. 

3 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I said at the start of half time - I bet we don’t make a substitute until 65-70mins

I do think Eddie can be overly cautious with substitutes. Hopefully we make a change soon.

Made them earlier than I thought. Good subs on! Felt sorry for Gordon…

Miggy surely?

Just now, Pilko said:

Feel like we had a chance to get something today and his shit selection of Wilson and inertia with the subs has cost us it.

Huge respect for him but he’s been getting everything wrong for a while now. 

10 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Huge respect for him but he’s been getting everything wrong for a while now. 

You love a massively hyperbolic post whenever anything isnt going 100% right, it's almost charming :lol:

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

100/1 for next manager to leave if anybody wants to throw money away. 

Anyone putting money on that needs there head checked, as does anyone wanting him gone wants chucking in the bin immediately.

9 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He needs to change up the starting 11 from time to time.

No point in bringing on players once the game is already lost.

This.

I've been his biggest fan since he got Bournemouth out of L2 but I'm getting frustrated at the lack of change to our first XI. Keeping faith with players is one thing but you've also got to give the players on the bench some reason to think they might get a run out. If they can't get a run out during such a tough time, it must be very disheartening. 

Some players have done nothing since Christmas and deserve some bench time - Almiron, Wilson and Burn being three who should be rotated out and who we have very good cover for.

Should add I still love the guy, but that doesn't mean we can't look to improve.

Edited by Chris_R

Just now, LiquidAK said:

We’re in a bad patch, but anyone seriously questioning Howe needs their head checked. He’ll learn and adjust accordingly like he has since joining us 

Eh? He's been great for us, but he's not doing a very good job atm.

Don’t think Eddie has done much wrong really , a lot of these players just aren’t good enough to be playing every week in a team challenging for the top 4-6, I would say the one thing he deserves criticism for is persisting with Wilson when he’s been shite for months and we have a 60 million forward on the bench .