Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

39 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

2 years ago today, we drew 0-0 vs. Sam Allardyce’s West Brom

Toon.jpeg

Jesus :lol: 

Dubravka MOTM seemed to happen every week under Bruce, even when we lost by 3 or 4. What a grim couple of years. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dubravka MOTM seemed to happen every week under Bruce, even when we lost by 3 or 4. What a grim couple of years. 

He kept us in games on his own in 2019-20, Bruce's first season in charge. Hate to think how many points he earnt us that season.

Darlow played about three fifths of the COVID season but once Dubravka come back in he's been as dodgy as he ever has been since.

38 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He basically kept us up for 2-3 years :lol:

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

First time I ever willingly/had to suffer watching it. Made me want to commit seppuku.

So which PFM Vs PFM would deliver the worst match?

Sooo many repulsive combinations, but I reckon Souness Vs Bruce could be the most eye wateringly hideous 

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Sooo many repulsive combinations, but I reckon Souness Vs Bruce could be the most eye wateringly hideous 

Question for the ages that. :lol:

But this game I remember as the most boring thing I have ever had the misfortune of suffering. 90 minutes where literally nothing happened other than Matt Ritchie calling a lino a 'wee dick'. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53385583

5 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

https://www.nufc.com/html/2005-06html/2005-11-05birmingham-h.html

This was shit, I was sat in L7, I have memories of the people around me shouting "play fucking football man" quite a lot. Seem to remember there were fuck all chances other than a long ranger from them that hit the bar, and our goal which was thrown in by the keeper.

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

A 24 page match thread :lol:

The Spurs one a game or two later (2-2 at home) had 12. The nadir was a nine-pager away to Chelsea, iirc winter 2020ish.

17 minutes ago, Pilko said:

This was shit, I was sat in L7, I have memories of the people around me shouting "play fucking football man" quite a lot. Seem to remember there were fuck all chances other than a long ranger from them that hit the bar, and our goal which was thrown in by the keeper.

The one Vs Palace which was so dull everyone was making paper planes out of some advertising leaflets. Biggest cheer of the match was when one almost got all the way to Given

8 hours ago, Pilko said:

Plastic Geordie Bruce said:

"I've never, ever publicly criticised anybody, but the goalkeeper knows he's made a howler, unfortunately."

:lol: worra cunt 

This is quite funny/sad written by .com after that match I posted above in 2005. If only they/we knew what the years ahead would bring :lol:

And there was extra glee in seeing the miserable mug of Steve Bruce glowering across the field and later into the TV camera lenses. 

How awful for him that he wasn't able to return to his "beloved" Tyneside and bless us all with the smug expressions that dominated the pre-match press footage - along with those oh-so-familiar conspiratorial quotes about how he could have been at the head of this black and white flock, if only he'd taken up Freddy's offer.

Quite simply there was a time to put up - and now there's a time to shut up.

When Sir Bobby carried his putter out of the training ground for the final time, Bruce had the chance to live his dream and be among his own folk (or some other cliche-ridden claptrap) but he didn't take it did he?

No, he preferred to stay where he was, in a grubby part of Birmingham, working for some grubby publishers.

Just like "Big Sam", who preferred life in his handy-for-the motorway retail park, with drummers,  daft mascots and all the big match atmosphere of an episode of "It's A Knockout." 

Just like Mike Baldwin preferring to remain in the shadow of the Transporter Bridge, with his 13,000 mad-for-it fans rattling round his tinshed of a ground on European nights.

This place became what we all knew was a joke a decade earlier. If .com had slotted Kinnear and Pardew in there I would think they'd been playing with voodoo dolls.

Interesting stuff on loyalty in his press conference , following some of the comments from the Bournemouth posters. In a nutshell Howe mentions that loyalty is a dangerous thing and he picks the team that he thinks is best suited to with the game based on what he sees on training.

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting stuff on loyalty in his press conference , following some of the comments from the Bournemouth posters. In a nutshell Howe mentions that loyalty is a dangerous thing and he picks the team that he thinks is best suited to with the game based on what he sees on training.

On a small evidence pool. This is lip service.

He's been loyal to Wilson and a few others.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

On a small evidence pool. This is lip service.

He's been loyal to Wilson and a few others.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of cases to give Wilson and Almiron a rest. Burn too, but it's not like we have a fully fit alternative to him at the moment.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Manquillo is fit - no?

Manquillo is a right back not a left back, and while he can play their, isn't particularly great. 

He's also a massive drop off defensively.