Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

After we went 1 up the lack of quality was there for all to see Miggys shooting on sight instead of slipping in better positioned players. Brunos laziness on the ball burns reluctancy to get the ball down the flank at the earliest opportunity. In reality we should of had them penned in for most the second halve. Im not gonna blame howe if the players aren't doing the job properly. The subs is up for debate but howe shouldn't need to hold there hands to get them to beat 10 men. 

I tell you one thing I can only imagine how many piss stained sheets would’ve been out on the line, after the Coventry defeat in Keegan's second PL game in charge for us, were the modern internet fan a thing back then. 🤦🏻

Seriously anybody reading too much into any team's performances before about ten games have been played, needs to give their heads a serious wobble. Is this the first year you started watching football or something?

50 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Away Toon is a lost cause, man. Seemingly Incapable of admitting that he was absolutely insufferable, not to mention utterly wrong,  in the early days of Howe’s reign. 

:lol: Fantastic. 

On 15/01/2022 at 17:01, Away Toon said:

Maybe a slight overreaction to that result, but Howe is completely out of his depth and should never have been given the job, Trippier is way way past his best and his positional play is really not very good, Wood well we knew he was limited but that performance was so innocuous he might as well not have played. We have two weeks to buy a new team and changing the manager wouldn't do us any harm.

We were incredibly slow with the ball and barely switched the ball from one side to the other, something you should always do against 10 men. Do that at pace and they’ll tire and you’ll get an overload. 
I’m convinced that’s what Eddie wanted because that’s what any manger would’ve wanted. It’s just that our players, pretty much collectively played completely within themselves.

Perhaps on some subconscious level the players think they’ve ‘arrived’. 
With any luck Sunday’s result will disavow them of that notion. 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

:lol: Fantastic. 

What’s your point? You’ve never changed your opinion about something, never engaged in any critical thought, never had an opinion that evolved over time? When Howe wins something with us he can be called great, at the moment he’s looking good but as a team and a club there are still big steps to make.

2 hours ago, Away Toon said:

What’s your point? You’ve never changed your opinion about something, never engaged in any critical thought, never had an opinion that evolved over time? When Howe wins something with us he can be called great, at the moment he’s looking good but as a team and a club there are still big steps to make.

You have a posting history of lifting takes and of just being inherently miserable, also one of ceasing posting when things are going well; "x is shite", "can see where this is going", "wonder how we'll bottle this", "no wonder, not won a trophy for years." 

Genuinely wonder what you get from this tbh.

6 hours ago, Away Toon said:

He is a good manager but whether he's the great manager we are going to need we will have to wait and see. 

Dude, he took a team that had not only been flushed down the shitter and facing almost certain relegation and got them into the CL. Yes, money played a part as did the backroom staff additions but he led this team on the pitch to all that success.

He's going to be given the benefit of the doubt for a long time by me.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

You have a posting history of lifting takes and of just being inherently miserable, also one of ceasing posting when things are going well; "x is shite", "can see where this is going", "wonder how we'll bottle this", "no wonder, not won a trophy for years." 

Genuinely wonder what you get from this tbh.

He must feed.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

We have a coaching team that works alongside a sports science team, which will guide decisions when it comes to how much load a player can take on, what type of running he has done, at which point a strain is more likely to occur, and so on. For me, it’s difficult to judge the substitutes without being privy to this information. 

Disappointing result, that we know for definite Howe will go through with a fine tooth comb to iron out our weaknesses and look to improve on. No worries at all with his management so far from me. 

Be canny In 20 years when history is rewrote and people realise how good Eddie was before he was forced out by our stupid fans

They'll all deny it though. The same as they do now with Robson

I'll go with Mourinho as this eras souness

Our fans deserve fuck all success 👌

Some serious whining in here about criticising Eddie. Hes a fantastic manager and we are lucky to have him but he fucked up a few decisions on Sun, hopefully he learns from it. Brighton getting spanked last weekend should put a few nerves at ease, we can put things right. 

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Since the start of last season that's 7 losses in 41 (2 x City 3 x Liverpool, 1 x Arsenal, 1 x Villa). Incredible really.

If we lose to brighton which is a possibility, I can see the twitter knackers calling for howes head. Which is laughable when you think about it.