Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 hours ago, Dava1892 said:

A lot of talk from TSport fans suggesting they would like Eddie for the England job should Southgate be forced out. 

I think the next games for England are very decisive and if we don’t start picking up points Eddie may be for the bullet also, these were suggestions/scenarios for a lot of the fans on the radio today, obviously a straight swap for Southgate if Newcastle not progressing.

Get in the sea DC

How do we think he's going to manage the mid-week games then? I reckon for the first half of the season, he'll be going for it to see how we get on and not rotating as much as folk expect. Rotation more likely to happen in the second half of the campaign if we get deeper into comps and have a chance to potentially further bolster things in January. Maybe see more of the likes of Livramento starting in the Carabao.

Isak/Wilson I can see being consistent switching options but, outside of that, I feel like it'll largely be the same starting XI core unless there's obvious poor form in there. We've got the benefit of 5 subs as well now to help manage minutes.

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

I just hope he takes Burn out the team soon. 

Small chance imo.

32 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

How do we think he's going to manage the mid-week games then? I reckon for the first half of the season, he'll be going for it to see how we get on and not rotating as much as folk expect. Rotation more likely to happen in the second half of the campaign if we get deeper into comps and have a chance to potentially further bolster things in January. Maybe see more of the likes of Livramento starting in the Carabao.

Isak/Wilson I can see being consistent switching options but, outside of that, I feel like it'll largely be the same starting XI core unless there's obvious poor form in there. We've got the benefit of 5 subs as well now to help manage minutes.

Carabao - second string entirely. FA Cup 3rd round too.

For CL to PL. He plays the strongest team available both games. Except where he thinks it's close between players for the same spot. So assuming 433 - he might start Wilson in the CL and Isak for the league or vice-versa. Longstaff may get a start.

He doesn't rotate much for tactical reasons with the exception of LW. It'll be interesting how he deals with Saturday to Tuesday games.

21 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Small chance imo.

Carabao - second string entirely. FA Cup 3rd round too.

For CL to PL. He plays the strongest team available both games. Except where he thinks it's close between players for the same spot. So assuming 433 - he might start Wilson in the CL and Isak for the league or vice-versa. Longstaff may get a start.

He doesn't rotate much for tactical reasons with the exception of LW. It'll be interesting how he deals with Saturday to Tuesday games.

Not that he’ll care (or know), but he’ll get on my bad side if I see another reserve XI start an FA Cup match.  Fuck.  That. 

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not that he’ll care (or know), but he’ll get on my bad side if I see another reserve XI start an FA Cup match.  Fuck.  That. 

Oh that's 100% happening. The timing just after the Xmas rush guarantees it.

Our reserve side is pretty good these days mind assuming most of the team is fit. If it was soon we would line up something like: Dubs, Livra, Lascelles, Burn, Targett, Anderson, Longstaff, Hall, Murphy, Wilson, Barnes

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Oh that's 100% happening. The timing just after the Xmas rush guarantees it.

Our reserve side is pretty good these days mind assuming most of the team is fit. If it was soon we would line up something like: Dubs, Livra, Lascelles, Burn, Targett, Anderson, Longstaff, Hall, Murphy, Wilson, Barnes

I’ve zero time for playing reserves in the FA Cup.  There is absolutely no excuse for it.  

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve zero time for playing reserves in the FA Cup.  There is absolutely no excuse for it.  

If we progress in the EFL Cup we'll have nine fixtures in December (eight if we don't); followed by the FA Cup R3 game. I wish it was a higher priority but the reality is it just isn't, and sadly it's going to be all but totally castrated when the PL buys it.

It wasn't as if we played wall-to-wall reserves against Sheff Wed mind. Dubravka, Botman, Longstaff, Joelinton, Murphy and Isak all started.

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If we progress in the EFL Cup we'll have nine fixtures in December (eight if we don't); followed by the FA Cup R3 game. I wish it was a higher priority but the reality is it just isn't, and sadly it's going to be all but totally castrated when the PL buys it.

It wasn't as if we played wall-to-wall reserves against Sheff Wed mind. Dubravka, Botman, Longstaff, Joelinton, Murphy and Isak all started.

You’re right of course re the lineup vs Sheff Wed - it was just a really poor performance.  I can just about forgive it if we’re on a LC run tbf.  But it is just so depressing to see the oldest football competition in the world - and one which for most of its lifetime was far more prestigious than the league title - being undermined because of the money.  Desperately sad. 

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You’re right of course re the lineup vs Sheff Wed - it was just a really poor performance.  I can just about forgive it if we’re on a LC run tbf.  But it is just so depressing to see the oldest football competition in the world - and one which for most of its lifetime was far more prestigious than the league title - being undermined because of the money.  Desperately sad. 

I agree totally. Add it to the list of absolutely shite things about modern football. 

NB. I actually have a list. :lol: I decided to jot it all down at the start of the season as a therapeutic exercise, it was good. Observe terrible handwriting:

Screenshot_20230912_093114_Photos.thumb.jpg.c3a3f5a208ac59c270248bfd44bbc571.jpg

On 12/09/2023 at 01:26, Yorkie said:

I agree totally. Add it to the list of absolutely shite things about modern football. 

NB. I actually have a list. :lol: I decided to jot it all down at the start of the season as a therapeutic exercise, it was good. Observe terrible handwriting:

Screenshot_20230912_093114_Photos.thumb.jpg.c3a3f5a208ac59c270248bfd44bbc571.jpg

The handwriting is horrific (mine is just as bad) but the cup is fantastic. I definitely read “beholden” in the 6th point as “bladder” [emoji38]